Lost your child? - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Lost your child?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ababy

Ababy

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:51 AM

Has anyone ever lost their child to child protective services or similar because their ED was so severe or your weight was too low?

LW: 26kg Lowest BMI: 9.8   HW: 44kg Highest BMI 16.6 

Current BMI, 15.5

#2 ♡ Smol Bratty Bunny ♡

♡ Smol Bratty Bunny ♡

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:25 PM

I was wondering this too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 AngryOtter

AngryOtter

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 03:30 AM

Following this—I’m a doula and a parent.

#4 Thejanefox

Thejanefox

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:58 AM

i haven't but i heard that they will get taken...

#5 mamallama

mamallama

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:48 AM

I spoke to child services about this as my daughters father reported me due to my anorexia, they said they wouldn’t take my child as she wasn’t in danger and I wasn’t putting her at risk, they told me that they would consider taking her away if I wasn’t getting help for my ED, if I got incabable of looking after myself and therefor can’t look after her (I’m a single parent, not sure if it would make a difference if I had someone else in the house to help) they said if my weight got too low and needed hospitalisation I would not get my daughter taken away if I had someone she could go to e.g. my parents, which I did, so she would be waiting for me to get out and be better.

Not sure if this helps you, it may be different depending on where you are

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • alexrose likes this

#6 Thegymbum

Thegymbum

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4622 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 02:39 PM

Yes, temporarily. I was in recovery from when I was pregnant and stuck with it for a few years. My ex husband (despite being an alcoholic, crappy person, and truly lousy father) got full custody, even though I wasn’t anywhere near as sick as I’d been before she was born. He apparently got the best of the best lawyers and somehow ended up using the fact that I’d been involuntarily committed for anorexia in the past and the fact that my parents have medical guardianship of me and put that together with my relapse and “compromised state”, which apparently made me incapable of being a good parent despite providing nothing but the best for her. Now we share custody, though it took a lot of battling and court days and legal fees and honestly I think it was more that he changed his mind and got tired of her (so fucking sad) and didn’t want the commitment of being a full time parent. I’m still fighting for more custody and trying to use that as motivation to get totally healthy. Ok, I don’t want to use this as a venting of my own baggage so I’ll shut up about me... but if you have any questions or need support I’m around.
  • SleepWalker, Carena and breakable_doll like this
H 5'7"
CW: 103lbs
LW: 72lbs
GW 2019: 95lbs
Ultimate: 88lbs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users