Never Binge Again, by Glenn Livingston. - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Never Binge Again, by Glenn Livingston.

binging BED book

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2777 posts
  • LocationNewcastle Upon Tyne, UK

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:13 AM

I've just started reading this book and it seems amazing. It's very much on the same line as Brain Over Binge - i.e. training yourself to view urges to binge as a greedy Pig.

You can read it for free here: 

http://neverbingeaga...Binge-Again.pdf

Fancy starting a reading club on this thread?

• Nessii, candid//, star sprite and 2 others like this
Height: 5ft (short AF)
CW: Denial (fat AF)

heart-arrow-pixel.gifMy Adventures with High Restriction - Daily Fatty Photos - drop by and give me some mojo! cat-pixel.gif

018628ea653a31e3343aea1c0b8eebb7.gif

#2 subaudible

subaudible

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:19 AM

Thank you so much for sharing that link! idk about the reading club idea, although it's a great one! just not sure how quickly i'll be able to read it. but wanted to say thanks! 

• Duplo likes this

fear is the only opportunity we have to be brave 

tracks

#3 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2777 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:25 AM

Thank you so much for sharing that link! idk about the reading club idea, although it's a great one! just not sure how quickly i'll be able to read it. but wanted to say thanks! 

You're welcome.

I'm on page 10 so far. I'm savoring every page, making notes, because this seems to be a very useful book.

heart-arrow-pixel.gifMy Adventures with High Restriction - Daily Fatty Photos - drop by and give me some mojo! cat-pixel.gif

#4 subaudible

subaudible

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 11:48 AM

So i skimmed some of it but have now finished and i REALLY liked a lot of what he had to say. for instance the whole thought of “loving yourself thin” and how that’s actually one of the most counterproductive things you can do when it comes to fighting/ignoring cravings.

i am giving it a go, you? i’ve done my plan and i’ve thought things over and I WILL NEVER BINGE AGAIN. fucking serious. we’ll see how serious i am tonight during “danger time” but right now i’m feeling pretty positive and relaxed about it.
  • Duplo and NLP like this

tracks

#5 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2777 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 12:27 PM

So i skimmed some of it but have now finished and i REALLY liked a lot of what he had to say. for instance the whole thought of “loving yourself thin” and how that’s actually one of the most counterproductive things you can do when it comes to fighting/ignoring cravings.

i am giving it a go, you? i’ve done my plan and i’ve thought things over and I WILL NEVER BINGE AGAIN. fucking serious. we’ll see how serious i am tonight during “danger time” but right now i’m feeling pretty positive and relaxed about it.

I'm now on page 35. You read fast!

My plan:

1. Atkins (max 20g carbs per day)

2. Alternative day fasting (fast day = 0-500 cals. feed day = 1000-1500 cals).

3. Do not eat until > 6pm on fast day. Do not eat until > 2pm on feed day.

4. No exceptions.

NEVER: Never put together a binge list of foods to buy; Never continue eating when you are fit to burst (stomach hard and painful); Never eat a whole bag of nuts in one day.

UNRESTRICTED: green salad, broccoli, water, green tea, black coffee.

"The only danger is thinking the Pig is you. That’s why we’re such sticklers for a precisely defined plan."

#6 subaudible

subaudible

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 01:15 PM

my nevers are: i will never eat in secret. i will never eat late at night (meaning past 7pm) and never give in to my Junkie and use food to get a fix. 

my equivalent to the Pig is my inner Junkie. the addict that talks to me like it's my friend, but all it wants is a fix, at any cost. 

i solemnly swear to never get high on food again. 

he makes a lot of good points. i know most of us have already heard these things, but it's good to hear them reiterated and from new perspectives. if i say to myself, "no, i don't do that anymore." as if it's fact. it makes it somehow feel ...solid... like idk how to describe it.... it can be the same as saying "i don't steal, i don't mouth off to cops, i don't wear orange lipstick..." 

and i don't, i don't do any of those things. so it can be like that. i don't binge. i don't eat shit (Pig Slop) and i don't use food to get high. that's not my fix anymore. 

my actual food plan isn't very restrictive. having too many restrictions will get me in trouble with my family if i try to follow them. so my food plan is

- no grains except on very special occasions and NEVER grains alone

- limited dairy 

- high sugar veggies/beans and fruit only up to 3 servings per week

- everything else is unrestricted. 

when i am able to go back to work i can start doing OMAD again. then it will be OMAD monday through friday. 

• Duplo likes this

tracks

#7 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2777 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:54 AM

my nevers are: i will never eat in secret. i will never eat late at night (meaning past 7pm) and never give in to my Junkie and use food to get a fix. 

my equivalent to the Pig is my inner Junkie. the addict that talks to me like it's my friend, but all it wants is a fix, at any cost. 

i solemnly swear to never get high on food again. 

he makes a lot of good points. i know most of us have already heard these things, but it's good to hear them reiterated and from new perspectives. if i say to myself, "no, i don't do that anymore." as if it's fact. it makes it somehow feel ...solid... like idk how to describe it.... it can be the same as saying "i don't steal, i don't mouth off to cops, i don't wear orange lipstick..." 

and i don't, i don't do any of those things. so it can be like that. i don't binge. i don't eat shit (Pig Slop) and i don't use food to get high. that's not my fix anymore. 

my actual food plan isn't very restrictive. having too many restrictions will get me in trouble with my family if i try to follow them. so my food plan is

- no grains except on very special occasions and NEVER grains alone

- limited dairy 

- high sugar veggies/beans and fruit only up to 3 servings per week

- everything else is unrestricted. 

when i am able to go back to work i can start doing OMAD again. then it will be OMAD monday through friday. 

I have sustained OMAD for a long time in the past. Tempted to switch to that way of eating now that you mention it :) Does family life prevent you from doing that now?

#8 tahiniii

tahiniii

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1231 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:55 AM

I am totally bumping this thread! I want to read this book and I think this thread can help a lot of ppl!

• Duplo likes this

#9 AjaSlimtone

AjaSlimtone

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 12:51 PM

I LOVE this book! I love it so much that I have it in both ebook and audiobook format. I just love the direct, no-nonsense approach he has to killing binges. None of that "just love yourself thin, be grateful to the universe" new age nonsense. Just 100% straight talk. If anyone can recommend any other books that have this tone, please share the titles!
  • Duplo likes this
Height: 155cm (5'1")
SW: 97.5kg (215 lbs)
CW: 84.8kg (187 lbs)

GW1: 79kg (175 lbs)
GW2: 68kg (150 lbs)
GW3: 57kg (125 lbs)
UGW: 46kg-49kg (105-110 lbs)

#10 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2777 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 06:26 AM

I LOVE this book! I love it so much that I have it in both ebook and audiobook format. I just love the direct, no-nonsense approach he has to killing binges. None of that "just love yourself thin, be grateful to the universe" new age nonsense. Just 100% straight talk. If anyone can recommend any other books that have this tone, please share the titles!

Have you tried the workbook by the same author?

#11 tahiniii

tahiniii

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1231 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 08 July 2020 - 07:06 AM

Here to say that the other day, I went on the Kindle store where I get all my books and this book was suggested to me as discounted to...

FREE!!
  • Duplo likes this

#12 candid//

candid//

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 3590 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:31 AM

I just started reading and it is really interesting:0 I will have to read more before i put my thoughts into it. Thank you so much! Xx
  • Duplo likes this

#13 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2777 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 08:55 AM

I just started reading and it is really interesting:0 I will have to read more before i put my thoughts into it. Thank you so much! Xx

Let me know what you think. We can tame our pigs together

#14 NLP

NLP

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1476 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 10:33 AM

It's got my attention for sure

Just another functioning anorexic, anorexically dysfunctioning.....

(♡) 

#15 безумный

безумный

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 08 July 2020 - 03:27 PM

We should have a book club for this book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Duplo and wastingballerina like this

intr0vertedm0del on instagram 

#16 Duplo

Duplo

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2777 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:36 AM

We should have a book club for this book

Have you read it?

#17 безумный

безумный

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:29 AM

Have you read it?

Yes I have

intr0vertedm0del on instagram