Talk to me about your pregnancy? - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Talk to me about your pregnancy?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Theinsideme

Theinsideme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 04:08 PM

Hi everyone.
So, I am finishing my bachelor in midwifery and I am writing my thesis about pregnant women with eating disorders. I am currently really struggling with my AN so I have decided to use my own obsession. I am thinking about it anyway, why not use it to get my degree?

Would you consider helping me with the practical part? I need to speak with 10 - 20 women (with official diagnosis - I am sorry, I think self diagnosing is important in our disorders, but my lector wants it more official).

The interview (via Skype or Facetime) wouldn´t take more than 15 minutes and it would be anonymous.

I can send you the questions beforehand and I am currently totally flexible (our country cancelled schools). So I am available anytime you are. It doesn´t matter what ED you have, as long as it was properly diagnosed. You can be currently pregnant or have babies or grown up child (if your ED started before giving birth).

We can also only text each other, if it would be more comfortable for you.

I am personally really afraid of pregnancy and being a mother. I want to, it´s one of my greatest wishes, but I am scared I won´t be able to be enough "healthy" for them. My thesis is about that.  About the struggle balancing ED and healthy pregnancy.

If this sound at least a bit interesting, please DM me.
Thanks for reading.

"It Seemed Like a Good Idea At The Time"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users