Watch me lose 20 lbs - accountability (pics) - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Watch me lose 20 lbs - accountability (pics)

plant-based exercise steps high protein low carb

• Please log in to reply
184 replies to this topic

#1 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2020 - 04:59 PM

Hello MPA!

It has been a long time since I've had an accountability. I finally got my shit together and I'm losing weight. So far, I have lost 3.6 lbs. this month on high restriction, 15k steps daily minimum, low carb, high protein, and the king of it all: IF.

I do not follow keto macros. My diet looks like a higher calorie PSMF most of the time, but I am in ketosis due to low carb, IF, and fasted exercise.

Stats: 

Height - 5'4 (163 cm)

Weight - 121.2

Waist - 26.5"

Hips - 37"

Thighs - 21"

Those are the most important measurements so far. I'll be getting my body composition tested regularly at an InBody scale at a nutrition store nearby when quarantine is over.

My current IF schedule is 20:4 and my deficits this week have been 1000 calories daily. My eating window is 1-5.

I'll try to do 24 hr. fasts once in a while, but I suck at fasting more than 20 hrs. 

This accountability will consist of macros, steps, and deficits. Of course, I'll upload body checks and food pics regularly.

Currently, I'm mainly plant-based so I hope this gives vegans and vegetarians some food ideas, although my food isn't the most appetizing. It's really filling, which is what's important for me. 

I need to lose another 5 lbs. before April is over, which means a 17500 calorie deficit.

Next month, my goal is to lose 6 lbs. and then I'll decide if I want to work on muscle gain or continue on a deficit during June before going back to dieting and losing the remainder of the weight.

Enough rambling... below, I'll post today's food pics and macros.

P.S. Please don't quote pics.

• Skin_I-m_in, Cacaogirl and akyre like this

​24 : 5'4

I'm after lower measurements and improving body composition.

Accountability: https://www.myproana...ntability-pics/ 

#2 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:03 PM

Calories: 1271

Deficit: 1100

Steps: 21k

Macros: 90.6c/ 118.1p/63.1f 

Net carbs: 41.6 

I don't usually eat this fancy. It was my birthday today and I wanted a Beyond Burger

Meal #1

Beyond Burger in lettuce wraps with avocado, onion, sf ketchup, mustard... green beans, asparagus, and cauliflower

dece79d1b283eca397096ddcb9a16233.jpg

still hungry so I had a veggie skewer with seitan

68d1a0db9285e5fdc8716e3385b32858.jpg

Hungry at 3pm so I had some crack aka smoked gouda and almond butter... oops

a9a65cb4b691a48b5c8e8db2bc1c7a01.jpgf89a0a5db058c3e692a97323c763660c.jpg

Dinner: 

Spinach, ice, and essential amino acids slushie and a protein powder and flaxseed pudding

588775a68fa6a6c143b2402c04160465.jpge34e3cbf050e34ecd0f81f76f3c1878e.jpg

I finished my last meal at 5pm.

I'm tired and a bit sunburnt from all that walking outdoors.

I'll post body checks tomorrow morning because I'm too bloated to take fair pictures.

• Disappearing1 and AttentionPlease like this

#3 AttentionPlease

AttentionPlease

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:24 PM

happy birthday

• lostinthestars likes this

#4 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 April 2020 - 05:37 PM

happy birthday

Thank you <3

#5 savingsarah

savingsarah

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1172 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 07:50 PM

Happy Birthday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stats header

Height: 164cm

LW: 50kg

HW: 70kg

Accounts header

#6 Cacaogirl

Cacaogirl

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 03:47 AM

Happy Birthday!

#7 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:10 AM

120.2 this morning!!

First 4 pics are this morning and last 2 are body checks from 124.8

4.6 lbs. down, 20.2 to go

I'm aiming for an 800 daily deficit for this week

Spoiler

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Wafae, Skin_I-m_in and steppie like this

#8 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 April 2020 - 08:51 AM

Happy Birthday!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy Birthday!

tysm

• savingsarah and Cacaogirl like this

#9 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:15 PM

Deficit: 1000

Steps: 15k

Macros:

529d56e23ef4bcc0e59a75c9eaa4c000.jpg

Net carbs: 28 :D

I don't feel very hungry. I just feel like eating more and kinda weak. I can try to keep a 1000 calorie deficit for the rest of the week. 

I broke my fast at 1pm with my essential amino acid and spinach slushie and a decaf coffee with 3 g of MCT oil.

Meal #1 at 2pm: collards, green beans, and asparagus cooked in the air fryer and scrambled tofu

30992a7d86a9d285b8cb91d399f7581f.jpg

Snack: 25 g of smoked Gouda cheese

Meal #2: baked protein "bread" pudding soaked in almond milk and covered in cinnamon. I finished eating at 4:30.

839946b2be1ebe1ab36dadc730aac14d.jpg

I will break my fast at 1:30 tomorrow so that I will have a 21 hr. fast. I seriously need to work my way to 24 hrs.

I hope you all had a Happy Easter!

• lulaluluv and AttentionPlease like this

#10 hippie_bones

hippie_bones

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • Locationsomeplace dreary

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:41 AM

I am just new to the IF game. Your window is inspiring. Do you find you aren't hungry enough to eat again if you just ate at 1?
SW: 112.2 🐽
CW: 111.4 🐖
BMI: 21 🤮
UGW: 100 🔮
UBMI: 19 💎
Lowest: 95-98 🖤

<p>

#11 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2020 - 01:51 PM

I am just new to the IF game. Your window is inspiring. Do you find you aren't hungry enough to eat again if you just ate at 1?

I definitely feel hungry a few hours after eating my first meal. My TDEE is pretty high and I get in 12k steps in the morning and 3-6k after my first meal, so I'm pretty ready to eat by 4 PM, lol. If I weren't active I'd probably not be hungry by then.

• hippie_bones likes this

#12 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:07 PM

119.6, baby!

Almost at midnight, we had a tornado hit the area. It was really loud. My parent's house is fine, but both of our nextdoor neighbors had several trees fall into their houses. We were pretty lucky because we just had a big mess of branches and some debris to rake and sweep. It took us a few hours.

There is no electricity and we have no idea when they'll fix it. But I can't complain. We're cooking outdoods in a mini gas stove and charging our phones with a pocket juice which we charge in the car. Our biggest problem is the insane amount of refrigerated food my mom stocked up.

I decided to have a 6 hr. eating window today (11am to 5pm) because I felt really weak this morning and I needed energy for all that raking. I'll post my macros later.

• Disappearing1 and sn4rkie like this

#13 AttentionPlease

AttentionPlease

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:20 PM

119.6, baby!

Almost at midnight, we had a tornado hit the area. It was really loud. My parent's house is fine, but both of our nextdoor neighbors had several trees fall into their houses. We were pretty lucky because we just had a big mess of branches and some debris to rake and sweep. It took us a few hours.

There is no electricity and we have no idea when they'll fix it. But I can't complain. We're cooking outdoods in a mini gas stove and charging our phones with a pocket juice which we charge in the car. Our biggest problem is the insane amount of refrigerated food my mom stocked up.

I decided to have a 6 hr. eating window today (11am to 5pm) because I felt really weak this morning and I needed energy for all that raking. I'll post my macros later.

thats crazy glad you're ok

#14 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2020 - 07:17 PM

Deficit: 550
Steps: 16k

Today was a more relaxed day with food. I "binged" on tofu, which is really difficult to overeat and it's mainly protein. My deficit was far from impressive, but I do feel better. Several days of 1000 calorie deficits can make me lethargic and cranky.

Since we don't know how long we'll be without electricity, I'll have to eat perishable foods, so no nuts, nut butters, seeds, or protein powder. Instead, frozen veggie meats, tofu, vegetables, and avocado up the wazoo. My mom bought enough food for 2 months and most of it is frozen.

My plan for tomorrow is back to my 1-5 eating window and 800 minimum deficit. I expect to see the scale go up tomorrow because of all the food weight from today.

I hope you're all doing well 21054fc18443151234970e60822c0164.jpg

#15 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 13 April 2020 - 07:17 PM

thats crazy glad you're ok

Thank you!

#16 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:59 PM

Steps: 19k
Eating window: 1:30 to 5:30

Weight this morning was 121.6. It's just water weight... whatever.

I thought quarantine had me bored but this and having no electricity is the worst. At least I have cellular data, but I'm trying to conserve it because it's limited.

I spend most of my day walking around the neighborhood, helping my mom with housework, and keeping myself sane.

Meal 1: asparagus, cauliflower, and 1 bag of frozen spinach with an Aldi veggie burger and Morning Star chicken strips. I also had a glass of coconut almond milk with sf choc syrup

Snack: aged parmesan cheese and skim Mozzarella

Meal 2: green beans, collard greens, Beyond Beef crumbles, and tofu

This is volume eating at its finest. I feel extremely full.

A friend of my parent's lent us 2 coolers so my mom and I went to the supermarket to buy 2 bags with 16 lbs. of ice. We transferred lots of perishable foods into the coolers, which we keep outdoors because it's colder outside than inside. We are going to keep a lot of the refrigerated food that didn't fit into the coolers outside during the night because it's pretty cold. My mom is not enjoying not having heat at night. She has a hard time sleeping when it gets this cold.

Also, my dad works at an ER and has come into contact with several coronavirus patients.

Below is also a pic of some of the power lines that fell. I don't want to put pics of houses because that would give away too closely where I live. Many houses are beyond repair because the wind blew the roofs off and trees finished them up. It's so sad.

Other weird things are going on in my life right now. It feels like I entered the Twilight Zone. Life has never been this weird and confusing. 44efc8df8004fd18691c4be25193858a.jpga74cfd82a2a0267862fc75064f105143.jpg192873f830119d5d4e28cafc66ad943e.jpgbaad13f437adc813a8f39e102ad4f331.jpg

• AttentionPlease and akyre like this

#17 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 April 2020 - 07:39 PM

Deficit: 900
Steps: 21k
Weight: 122.2 ugh

It is way too cold for April, especially for the south of the US. Still no electricity. I'm so cold I took a quick shower to not waste any hot water, put on my thickest PJs, winter socks, and robe and got in my car to charge my phone. I turned on the heat to the highest setting to warm up before returning inside.

I went out for 2 walks today. My first was at 2pm because it was too cold at 10am. My second walk was at 5:30. My mom wanted to come with me and I enjoyed the company. I'm usually on my phone when I go on long walks so this helped me save some data.

I didn't have a first meal, per say. I just snacked on random stuff like a veggie burger, cheese, veggies... My dinner is pictured below (cauliflower, spinach, and tofu) and I didn't eat it all because I was too full.

My mom stocked up a couple of weeks ago on lots of Beyond Burgers and they're next on the list to eat before they go bad. They're delicious, but too calorific. I'll try to fit them in my macros because I can't stand the thought of them going bad. I'll have to cut down on cheese and avocado.

Well, I'll make myself some hot tea and maybe play the piano for a little bit before going to bed. 5b385bb3134a885557600dbbfcc7539e.jpg2ef90a4a85b82090dfa3c3dc87511c1d.jpg

• AttentionPlease likes this

#18 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:50 PM

My weight has been 121.6 yesterday and this morning. I have a feeling I'll be lower tomorrow.

Steps: 14k
Deficit: 900
Eating window: 1-5

I bought a Sudoku and crossword book at the dollar store so that I don't use so much battery on my phone to keep me entertained.

The power is estimated to return Tuesday evening. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and see it tomorrow morning, but the damage is too awful for the electric company to fix it any faster.

My dad and I bought more ice for the coolers.

I wanted to go on another walk this afternoon, but I felt too tired and my allergies are horrific. I hate spring.

Meal 1: spinach, asparagus, and tofu stir fry. Skim Mozzarella and a tiny bit of almond butter

Meal 2: collards, green beans, veggie burger, and Beyond Beef crumbles. For dessert I had a glass of unsweetened almond milk with sf choc syrup.c837cfbb0aceece409e1865896f14acd.jpg

If I feel better about myself, I'll post some body checks. I need to clean my room. It looks like the tornado went into my room.

#19 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:58 PM

Deficit: 800
Steps: 20k

If I have a daily 800 calorie deficit until April 30, I should lose 3 lbs. This feels doable. I've done too many 1000 calorie deficit days when I started restricting 3 weeks ago and they're rough. I can't keep that up for longer than 4 days in a row without feeling bingey and weak. I hope I can do this for the next 12 days without feeling miserable too early on.

Our neighbors' friends lent them a generator and they were nice enough to let us use an outlet to plug in our refrigerator. This has made a massive difference because we don't have to constantly dump melted ice from the coolers and restock them with new ice.

Another awesome thing is that we can also charge our phones into the extension cord.

I expect my weight to be higher tomorrow because I consumed salt straight up. I felt weak and sodium helps. I also had like 50 net carbs which has been higher than usual.

I broke my fast at 11am before my walk with 2 low carb tortillas. That added 100 extra calories and 8 net carbs. I cannot do that again because my IF is not 20 hrs. My next 2 meals were at their usual times.

Meal 1: collards, green beans, and asparagus with tofu and a veggie frank

Snacks: string cheese, almond butter, almond milk with sf choc syrup (too damn much food)

Meal 2: protein pudding cooked on the stove topped with almond milk and sf maple flavored syrup

I'm tired, bored, and sleepy, so I'll go to bed early tonight.9d844f6d65836db3c2c82ebb314d8538.jpg

#20 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2225 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:29 PM

Weight: 120.2
Steps: 20k

Same food as always. c4d0746863b5e70e037f5d7a321c5b45.jpg

Nothing new except for a text from a guy I met a while ago. I don't like him and I don't know how to respond. He's really nice and intelligent, but not my type. Any advice on how to turn him down without hurting his feelings?122920a62d70179745c690437f8f8026.jpg

Edit: We've got electricity back!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plant-based, exercise, steps, high protein, low carb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users