Watch me lose 20 lbs - accountability (pics) - Page 2 - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Watch me lose 20 lbs - accountability (pics)

plant-based exercise steps high protein low carb

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#21 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 April 2020 - 09:40 PM

Weight: 120.8 wtf?
Deficit: 750
Steps: 16k

I feel like shit. Tired, irritable, sore... I could snap at anyone who gets in my way. I have no energy and it took everything in me to go on a walk this afternoon. High restriction is fine and dandy until you think about deficits. Deficits above 500 calories a day for a few weeks can make a person feel awful. I had a headache this afternoon.

Everyone recommends taking a diet break after a few weeks of restricting, but I've got to reach my goal by April 30. I do want to eat close to maintenance for a couple of days, but that'll set me behind. Any thoughts? Maybe 2 days with a 300 calorie deficit would be good... ugh. I can't decide.

Tomorrow must be better.

Food today: 2 low carb tortillas, cheese, pb, almond butter, protein pudding, and veggie patty. 3f510e2a4b356b5e93a6dbae2ca01501.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
  • AttentionPlease likes this

​24 : 5'4

I'm after lower measurements and improving body composition.

Accountability: https://www.myproana...ntability-pics/ 

#22 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 April 2020 - 08:45 PM

Deficit: 0
Steps: 14k

I ended up eating up to maintenance today and let me say, what a mindfuck. I'm a volume eater which means that I can make a lot out of 2000 calories. I ate the same foods as usual, just more. I added avocado to almost everything and made myself 2 quesadillas and a burrito with Beyond Beef crumbles using low carb tortillas.

I look pregnant and weigh over 129 this evening (after using the bathroom). I've also been very thirsty all day. I didn't IF either, to add to the guilt of taking a day off.

The good thing is that I'm very energetic and feel significantly better. It should be easier to stick to IF and deficits for a while.

There are 9 more days left in April and if I have an 800 calorie deficit per day, I can lose 2 whole pounds.

First, let's see how long it takes to lose today's water weight and if it helps my plateau.

I've been listening to music all day and played some oldies on the piano. I really miss singing and performing My life would be complete if I had a career in this going on, but the circumstances make it even worse.464807d4f7526fccfbead9c58d934cea.jpg

• AttentionPlease likes this

#23 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 22 April 2020 - 08:21 PM

Deficit: 800

Just in case you've ever wondered what happens when you eat twice the amount of protein you need in a day and about 150g of fiber... well, wonder no further: too many trips to the bathroom to keep track of, which is why my weight today is higher because I weighed myself before those trips.

I'm pretty sure my weight will be below 120 tomorrow.

My mom made a bread pudding using Aldi's zero net carb bread. It was delicious and a pain in the ass to figure out the calories, but alas, it wasn't too bad. I had some of that at noon with almond butter and then had some Mozzarella as a snack and my dinner, pictured below was green beans, asparagus, veggie patty, and baked protein pudding.

This is my second day without caffeine. I will return to it tomorrow, as it gives me energy and blunts my hunger.900c775f6c6f4e72718c34569f225e46.jpg5b4c0a0c20e4df2d54e6291f87f04ddf.jpge25eafae059a38d82eb55d4066d94088.jpg

• phia and AttentionPlease like this

#24 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2020 - 12:26 PM

Took EC stack this morning.

Crappy body check of a crappy human

So, how's your day going?7f5787674df7bc23e4ac50defe070778.jpg

#25 lulaluluv

lulaluluv

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1119 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 01:24 PM

Loving ur food pics and ure not a crappy person 💕
  • lostinthestars, G678r and steppie like this

#26 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:48 PM

Loving ur food pics and ure not a crappy person

Thank you

#27 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 April 2020 - 09:50 PM

Steps: 18k

Same foods as yesterday. Too much cheese and almond butter. I need to stop eating so damn much.

I need to take pics of everything I eat to keep me accountable.414ea5d5fbc6fffbf1f1bd44b551dc18.jpg

#28 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 April 2020 - 09:32 PM

Weight: 119
Steps: 13k

I ate 2 low carb tortillas at noon before my walk. I managed to cut down my cheese consumption significantly and had no nut butters. Below are my other foods... spinach and EAA slushie, protein pudding, and veggies with veggie patty.98e254f38ce7b96e55829ffc4e389f56.jpg2ed07db9796c2834b378ef579c72a935.jpg5cc62b72ee7c69e64967bcc18b3b0381.jpg

#29 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 April 2020 - 09:10 PM

Weight: 119.6
Deficit: 850

I had no cheese today and didn't overdo it on nut butters. I did have 2 low carb tortillas

I made some Dalgona coffee and matcha with erythritol instead of sugar this morning. It was amazing!

I forgot to take a pic of my protein pudding, but it looked just like all the others pictured above. I also had some cherry tomatoes. I don't like tomatoes but these were really good.19638737931a6e40e7347b520aecbcb6.jpgf06547f7d098ebbdcfbf462f1607df15.jpg35a0b5e90157ee73ed8305f71068f8c6.jpgce7497ed98c7b9888163e14243a49355.jpgb10144ef8df9e3825f04e5753daa1289.jpg

#30 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 April 2020 - 09:29 PM

Weight: 120.0
Deficit: 800

I'm frustrated. I haven't lost weight in a week and I think my weight will be higher tomorrow. Ughhhh. Idk what to do. Should I lower my deficit to 500 for a week?

If my weight is higher tomorrow, I'll implode.32bdac6435082f7a583e1f5eb7557a52.jpg

#31 Cacaogirl

Cacaogirl

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:13 AM

A few things I noticed: Protein pudding, lowcarb tortillas! What are they made of? Ingredients?

You know that dairy and nuts, nut butters can stall you out.

So, I would stick to mostly natural foods, nothing labeld "low carb"! Those products are usually full of things that stall weight loss or raise blood glucose. Also, I would swap erythritol for sweeteners that are not an sugar alcohol!

Best wishes :-)

• lostinthestars likes this

#32 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:04 PM

Weight: 120.2
Deficit: 400
Steps: 14k

Binged on nuts... set me back a lot :/
I will lower my deficit to 500 for now. The reason I fall into temptation is sheer hunger. The I must eat NOW kind of hunger.
Here's the rest of the food.f455a30d163c243907c6901201b8dd94.jpgb0fa23c709d815a8f02b83d074b8c6eb.jpgdee9c74cc076b2982e7ac6667cca3b75.jpg3edfd80198e6c2202d9bb3218ecadad4.jpg

#33 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 April 2020 - 10:23 PM

A few things I noticed: Protein pudding, lowcarb tortillas! What are they made of? Ingredients?
You know that dairy and nuts, nut butters can stall you out.
So, I would stick to mostly natural foods, nothing labeld "low carb"! Those products are usually full of things that stall weight loss or raise blood glucose. Also, I would swap erythritol for sweeteners that are not an sugar alcohol!
Best wishes :-)

Thank you for your advice!!

The pudding is rice protein, pea protein, chia, flaxseed, psyllium husk, cinnamon, turmeric, baking powder, and a pinch of salt baked at 400F for 25 minutes. The protein powders on this pudding have no additives. I sweeten it with liquid stevia. I don't consume erythritol often. I was bored and wanted to make that drink. I actually drank less than half of those drinks and gave the rest to my dad.

As for the tortillas... I'm awful. Those definitely cause stalls. They claim to be 4 net carbs, but I don't believe they're benign. I live with my parents who buy those tortillas, fancy cheeses, and too many nuts and nut butters.

I've noticed that I eat these foods out of hunger. I didn't care for those before I started to restrict, but when I'm intensely hungry after a 2 hour walk or in the afternoon if I haven't eaten enough for my activity levels, I get tunnel vision and plop food on the food scale and eat like 200 calories of cheese and nuts in one sitting and have to get in an extra 4k steps to make up for it. That's why I'm going to make my goal deficit lower.

I wish I had all the willpower to not eat those while restricting on a bigger deficit.

I hope you're doing well

• Cacaogirl likes this

#34 Cacaogirl

Cacaogirl

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 02:02 AM

Thank you for your advice!!

The pudding is rice protein, pea protein, chia, flaxseed, psyllium husk, cinnamon, turmeric, baking powder, and a pinch of salt baked at 400F for 25 minutes. The protein powders on this pudding have no additives. I sweeten it with liquid stevia. I don't consume erythritol often. I was bored and wanted to make that drink. I actually drank less than half of those drinks and gave the rest to my dad.

As for the tortillas... I'm awful. Those definitely cause stalls. They claim to be 4 net carbs, but I don't believe they're benign. I live with my parents who buy those tortillas, fancy cheeses, and too many nuts and nut butters.

I've noticed that I eat these foods out of hunger. I didn't care for those before I started to restrict, but when I'm intensely hungry after a 2 hour walk or in the afternoon if I haven't eaten enough for my activity levels, I get tunnel vision and plop food on the food scale and eat like 200 calories of cheese and nuts in one sitting and have to get in an extra 4k steps to make up for it. That's why I'm going to make my goal deficit lower.

I wish I had all the willpower to not eat those while restricting on a bigger deficit.

I hope you're doing well

Haha, I walk a lot too! :-)  But it blunts my appetite!

Well, you know your enemys: Nuts, nutbutters and I would really try to avoid everything bread/cake/cookie/protein bar/candy that's labeled "low carb"! Often these products contain gluten, still too many carbs from mysterious fiber that kicks you out or sugar alcohols that are really not keto friendly!

That pudding seems to be okay!

Maybe you could try upping your fats a little?

For sweet cravings I was drinking hot chocolate on keto with coffee, cacao powder, cream and a little milk + flavour drops and sometimes mct or coconut oil! The sweetness + caffeine(or even decaf) + the fats were really satisfying!

Oh, and you can put some nutbutter in the drnk as well! ;-) 

Have a nice day!

#35 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:43 PM

Haha, I walk a lot too! :-) But it blunts my appetite!
Well, you know your enemys: Nuts, nutbutters and I would really try to avoid everything bread/cake/cookie/protein bar/candy that's labeled "low carb"! Often these products contain gluten, still too many carbs from mysterious fiber that kicks you out or sugar alcohols that are really not keto friendly!
That pudding seems to be okay!
Maybe you could try upping your fats a little?
For sweet cravings I was drinking hot chocolate on keto with coffee, cacao powder, cream and a little milk + flavour drops and sometimes mct or coconut oil! The sweetness + caffeine(or even decaf) + the fats were really satisfying!
Oh, and you can put some nutbutter in the drnk as well! ;-)

Have a nice day!

I do the coffee with flavor, cocoa, and MCT oil :) How much oil do you use? I never go over 3 g per 12 oz drink. Maybe I should try more?? Yeah, upping my fats should help. Every time I say I will, I freak out. Low carb imitations of "normal" foods are soooooo bad. I can't buy Quest bars because they're a massive binge trigger. It's too bad because I find them really cheap all the time.

#36 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:54 PM

Weight: 118.4
Deficit: 600

How awesome to finally whoosh!

I can't expect tomorrow to be like this because I ate like 5 lbs of food today. I look pregnant.

I feel much better doing a 600 calorie deficit. I'll bump it up later if I see fit. For now, this is what I'll aim for.

So Tapatalk isn't letting me upload more pics for the month. Ugh. I didn't know there was a limit.

I had a lot more veggies today to keep me from eating the forbidden foods and it definitely helped.

Yesterday I went to Costco and Walmart with my mom and today I went to the recycling center, the bank, and Vitamin Shoppe to look around. If feels good to get out! I didn't buy anything there since all they had on sale were Quest bars. I wish I could just buy some and save them for special occasions, but I've had too many Quest bar binges and cannot trust myself to have more than 1 in my possession.

#37 Cacaogirl

Cacaogirl

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 11:08 AM

I do the coffee with flavor, cocoa, and MCT oil :) How much oil do you use? I never go over 3 g per 12 oz drink. Maybe I should try more?? Yeah, upping my fats should help. Every time I say I will, I freak out. Low carb imitations of "normal" foods are soooooo bad. I can't buy Quest bars because they're a massive binge trigger. It's too bad because I find them really cheap all the time.

I don't put oil in my coffee since I am not on keto right now, but when I was, I used more butter, cram, coconutoil, because MCT messed up my stomach! You have to test what feels satisfying to you. Can be 5g of coconutoil + 20ml heavy Cream or 5-20g Butter? You have to test for yourself. But you could use thatfats for your meals instead.

Eating more veggies for volume and satiety is a good idea, I did that too!

And yeah, Quetbars are evil! They taste too god, so binge danger and for me they didn't work even in normal amounts because Dairy Protein + these fibers they add! So its better to stay away from Proteinbars in general!

#38 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 April 2020 - 09:25 PM

Weight: 118.8
Deficit: 650
Calories: 1643
Steps: 18k

It's been a boring day... rained a lot. I have pink eye in my left eye.

I ate almost identically to yesterday. I wish Tapatalk would let me post pics. It feels like my posts are empty without them, but then, my foods are the same.

My evening weight is 127 so I can't count on being 118.something tomorrow unless I pee all night long.

I've seen some people use their weight average from every week to track progress rather than daily weight because of fluctuations. My weekly weight has been going steadily down since I started tracking my food on April 4. I've been losing over a pound a week. It's not fast, but it has added up.

#39 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2226 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 April 2020 - 09:39 PM

Weight: 119
Deficit: 550
Calories: 1558

Mood: exhausted

Almost forgot to post here today.

I hope you're all doing well. Good night

#40 BabyBo

BabyBo

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 01 May 2020 - 04:03 AM

This is such a fun little topic to read <3 You're doing so well and our body shape is veryyyy similar so this is super motivating!! Keep going strong baby g x

HW - 147lbs            CW - 134lbs            LW - 115lbs 

GW1 - 125lbs          GW2 - 119lbs          GW3 - 114lbs                      

UGW111lbs                                                                           

c8SOp1.png?t=1&UAjnKTXi

147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138

137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 128

127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118

117  116 115 114 113 112 111

1_by_akreon-d4xen5k.gif                                            

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plant-based, exercise, steps, high protein, low carb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users