Watch me lose 20 lbs - accountability (pics) - Page 4 - Low Carb Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Watch me lose 20 lbs - accountability (pics)

plant-based exercise steps high protein low carb

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

#61 AngelLyne

AngelLyne

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:15 AM

Bump.

How's it going? I spent my morning catching up on your journey, and it was super super encouraging! I hope you're still doing well

• lostinthestars and sn4rkie like this

5'8

SW: 158

CW: 138.4

GW1: 140

GW2: 130

GW3: 125

UGW:120/115 (we'll see)

#62 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:57 PM

Bump.

How's it going? I spent my morning catching up on your journey, and it was super super encouraging! I hope you're still doing well

Hi! Thank you for reading <3 <3 High restriction FTW!!!!

I'm doing well. I didn't post yesterday because I was very tired and just forgot. I've had a couple of very busy days. I'm going to update on yesterday and today after doing some pacing in my room, lol.

​24 : 5'4

I'm after lower measurements and improving body composition.

Accountability: https://www.myproana...ntability-pics/

#63 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:53 PM

Hi guys!

Sorry for not posting yesterday. I've been very busy yesterday and today. Waking up early and going to bed late means I end up eating more because I get hungry much earlier. I ate almost 2000 calories yesterday and today. My deficits have been 600 and 400 calories respectively. When I had time to pace earlier today, I was too tired and tried to nap.

To stay on schedule, I need a deficit of 1000 calories both tomorrow and Saturday. It's doable, though.

Also, my weight has been 117.4 both days TMI (I'm constipated and have eaten high in volume). I need to take some magnesium. At least I know I'll weigh lower soon and that the increase on the scale is food weight.

#64 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 15 May 2020 - 11:52 PM

Weight: 118.6 :/

Deficit: 870

Net carbs: 98

Steps: 15k

I binged on cocoa powder. Ugh. I felt sick. It's hard to eat too many calories of cocoa powder. 

I don't think my weight will be low tomorrow.

Work went well today. 

For some good news... I'll be moving to Belgium in September! That's so soon and I have so much to do to prepare! This is surreal :D

#65 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 16 May 2020 - 10:32 PM

Weight: 117.6

Deficit: 760

Net carbs: 63.4

Steps: 16k

Calories: 1405

Macros: 136p/134c/57f

I didn't work today so I didn't eat any crap. My food consisted of my protein pudding, almonds, pumpkin seeds, massive veggie bowl with tofu, and cocoa powder.

I went on a long walk and then paced some more in my room. Aside from that, I've been too sedentary.

I'm 433 calories behind on my deficits since May 3. (I'm aiming for a 750 daily deficit from May 3 to 30). That's not too terrible, actually. I hope I can sleep well tonight and not wake up too early.

I'm due for a whoosh. Maybe in a few days I'll be 115.something.

Next week will be dedicated to applying for my student visa, sending the paperwork to the university, registering for classes... I really hope the whole coronavirus situation is better by September because nothing can ruin studying in Europe. I've been dreaming of this for many, many years and it's finally coming true!

• steppie likes this

#66 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 17 May 2020 - 10:56 PM

Weight: 119.4

Deficit: 900

Net carbs: 70

Steps: 17k

Calories: 1715

Macros: 133p/132c/95f

I went on a short walk at noon before work. It was too hot. I need to go out in the morning before I get scorched by the sun.

I've been getting a lot of attention from 2 waiters at work. It's very odd because one of them used to never pay any attention to me and all of a sudden he's making more comments. The other one is a relentless flirt, but he's flirting more and complimenting me more than before. Is it the weight loss? I mean, my face is more defined and I have somewhat of a waist compared to before, but I'm the same in every other way.

Unfortunately, I'd never date either of them for many reasons. Why is it that most guys out there have a MAJOR flaw (too ugly, too old, have kids, players, horrible personality...?) It's not as though my standards are too high, really. I'm not asking for too much. 

As for my weight, WTF? I'm just going to trust the fact that the body is capable of retaining massive amounts of water and food weight. My measurements are the same, so it can't be fat gain. I'm frustrated because I haven't been over 118.8 in almost 2 weeks. I can't get too frustrated if my measurements haven't increased, though. I'll have a whoosh eventually.

• IvyMeadows likes this

#67 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 18 May 2020 - 10:21 PM

Weight: 118.0

Deficit: 0

Steps: 12k

Calories: 2214

I fucked up majorly today. I just kept eating and eating until I got to maintenance.

Here are my problems:

a) I have been eating WAYYY to many carbs for low carb and it's completely counterproductive. Carbs make me hungry and just set me back in every possible way. I started this accountability in the low-carb forum so I would actually eat low carb, but I have an idgaf attitude too much now. Restricting was easier first, but for the last couple of weeks, it has been a major struggle. I eat a french fry here and a tiny amount of banana bread there and that shit has added up.

b ) I have also been struggling to get in steps. I'm too tired to go on walks or pace and I just don't turn down food even when I can go without it. I'm constantly wanting to eat. I'm just lethargic and caffeine does very little compared to before.

c) I'm binging on pure cocoa powder in the morning. Yeah, it's gross. I also purged today. I'm in such a daze.

d) I've been having major insomnia, which happens when I get to almost 6 weeks of restricting.

e) My digestion has been just awful. TMI I go between constipation and diarrhea with no in-between. My stomach is always hurting.

I think this is because I've been restricting pretty hardcore (for me) for over 6 weeks straight with only one maintenance day this whole time.

Sooo, my best option feels like I should eat at maintenance (upping my fats through MCT oil, avocado...) for the rest of the week until Saturday. Next week, I'll just do a 250-350 deficit. Then, starting Sunday, May 31, I'll do a 750 daily deficit until Saturday, June 27 before reevaluating. 

This really bugs me because it sets me back on my plan, but at the same time, it will lower cortisol and reset my hunger hormones so that when I continue with my diet, I'll be okay with these deficits and feel good. I'll likely lose water weight. I need to stop being so militant about this and use this time to focus on getting my paperwork ready to go to Belgium in September. I have a lot to do and I can't be focusing on food, steps, and dieting this week. By taking a break, I'll be more productive. 

#68 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:53 PM

Weight: 118.6

Third day of eating at "maintenance" and it feels weird. First, I'm still estimating on half of my intake and I'm very hungry even though I estimated 2200 calories for today. The cooks made an extra 8oz salmon and it was delicious! I've been eating less chicken. It just doesn't appeal to me. Chicken tastes good when I make it myself. With the chicken tenders at the restaurant, by the time I've peeled off the batter and soaked up as much fat as possible with napkins and paper towels, it's just "chickeny" tasting and gross.

It feels good not to pace compulsively. My legs aren't so damn tired. I'm just worried about gaining. I'll take my measurements tomorrow morning.

I realized that, if travel restrictions don't get tighter, I'll be in Belgium in September and not being a waitress anymore, which means that everything I eat will be weighed. I'll also be able to eat meat, hence, truly low carb. I'm hoping that off-cuts (i.e. kidney, spleen...) are cheaper over there like they are in the US. I'll be too poor to be spending money on expensive cuts.

I won't be surrounded by my parents' unlimited nuts, cheeses, low carb tortillas, homemade banana bread... yeah! I'll REALLY be skinny. I'll be obligated to be good.

#69 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:01 PM

Protein fluff: only 135 calories for a massive volume and super filling.

Ingredients: a lot of ice, 1/2 cup unsweetened milk, 1 serving whey, casein, or egg white protein powder, 3 g xanthan gum. Blend in a good blender or normal food processor. Best if frozen for 30 minutes afterward. For extra flavor, add cinnamon or cocoa powder. Some people use sugar free jello pudding mix for extra flavor and fluff, but that has like 8 g of carbs.

I used quest peanut butter protein powder because I got it for 75% off.

It will not be fluffy with plant-based protein, unfortunately. 75ca872108ba3ae512a2b3f7e670f819.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

#70 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:15 PM

This will be a little all over the place...

I decided to restrict today because A) my weight was 120, which is disgusting, and B) I wasn't feeling hungry earlier today.

My weight was high because I used bioidentical hormone replacement to induce my period (I lost it years ago and this is the only way I get one), which causes water retention in addition to the extra food weight from maintenance. However, this freaked me out so I ate 1300 calories today. My deficit is 750, which isn't bad at all. I'll only use progesterone and no estrogen from now on. Estrogen fucks me up.

Taking a break from being on a deficit does make it easier to continue restricting. I'll definitely be restricting tomorrow and Saturday.

Macros: 130p/108c/63f

Net carbs: 48

Food today:

10am - protein fluff pictured above, almonds, cocoa powder

1pm - cheese

3pm - more protein fluff

5pm - massive stir-fried veggie bowl (collard greens, asparagus, and broccoli) with tofu... more cocoa powder for dessert 

Interspersed in there, I had 4 pieces of gum. 

I found out a friend who studied music in undergrad with me also got into a European conservatory only 3 hours away from where I'll be studying. It makes us both feel less alone to be going through this ordeal together, especially because we both get pretty stressed out with paperwork. We may be able to visit each other during holidays.

My dieting plans for next week:

1) Stop eating restaurant food! It's calorically dense, disgusting, unhealthy, and not accurately measured.

2) Wing it. I will restrict if I feel like it, and may take a few days of maintenance because...

JUNE is the month I will lose another SIX pounds!

#71 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 22 May 2020 - 10:13 PM

Weight: 118.0

Deficit: 660

Calories: 1727

Macros: 119p/178c/90f

Net carbs: 90

I have a headache.

#72 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 23 May 2020 - 07:38 PM

Some food pics:
2 bowls of protein fluff
2 bowls of spaghetti squash (12 oz total), first with some Mozzarella and nutritional yeast and second with some nacho cheese flavored popcorn powder, lol
Stir-fried collard greens, cauliflower, and tofu

Unpictured: 4 almonds, a Brazil nut, 2 low carb tortillas with lettuce and 1 low fat veggie link, and cocoa powder with erythritol.

A lot of volume for 1260 calories

1cb7a0174ad3ceda99bcff5b25ab2929.jpg1bf1a1f94b39bfd7615af0634676bdc4.jpg418dccca0dcd48b5cc980f9aaeea469d.jpg

#73 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 23 May 2020 - 09:24 PM

Weight: 118.4

Deficit: 800

Net carbs: 63

Calories: 1260

Macros: 135p/150c/44f

My measurements were slightly lower today except for my waist because... bloat.

After my long-ass walk to the park, I took the loveliest nap. I have trouble falling asleep during the day, but I just crashed and it felt amazing!

#74 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 24 May 2020 - 11:03 PM

Weight: 116.8

Deficit: 750

Steps: 13k

Calories: 1712

Macros: 123p/190c/87f

Net carbs: 70

I'm just glad to see my weight slightly go down. My hips are 36.25 inches. They've gone down another quarter inch.

I was very productive this morning before going to work. I'm halfway into my visa application.

• Disappearing1 likes this

#75 Disappearing1

Disappearing1

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • Location5th Dimension

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:16 AM

Quite a woosh! Just read through your whole thread - congrats on Belgium. I love how big picture you are and exacting on your plans. I have never done those kind of charts and forethought for months ahead. I think it's great! Looking forward to seeing what comes next for you :)

• lostinthestars and sn4rkie like this

189 188 187 186 185 184 183 182 181 180

179 178 177 176 175 174 173 172 171 170

169 168 167 166 165 164 163 162 161 160

159 158 157 156 165 154 153 152 151 150

149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140

139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130

129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120

119 118

Wordpress Accountability Blog

#76 teaceremony

teaceremony

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:29 PM

Weight: 118.4
Deficit: 750
Net carbs: 72

I had 2 tenders and some sweet potato outside my usual food. I got very hungry at work. I can't IF as strictly as I did before because my job's schedule varies a lot and I have to eat before a shift otherwise I'll have to depend too much on caffeine to get me through. As for the tenders, I'm estimating on calories again.

I bought some BCAAs at Vitamin Shoppe on sale a couple of days ago and I use them to make slushies. One is watermelon and the other is peach lime. They're so yummy! I make them for dessert after dinner for negligible calories since they're sweetened with stevia.e8f94bf112d4abb88c7056bb85453fac.jpgbc061ea5ac4e4fb3c76bdc96df0aa704.jpg

I am at Vitamin Shoppe right now. What brand are you using for the Watermelon flavor? 

• steppie likes this

Starting Weight: 280 lbs @ 7/22/2019 @ 43 inch waist Size 24 / 2x
My stats are...
Height: 5’8
SW: 282 lbs.
CW: 271.4 lbs. 10/7/2020
Current Diet: OMAD (One Meal A Day) and Low-Carbish

271 270 269 268 267 266 265 264 263 262 261
260 255 250 245 240 235 230 225 220 215 210 205 200

Weightloss Rewards:

260: new bra, thermal top

250: thermal pants

240:

230:

220:

210:

200:

OMAD (One Meal A Day) thread:  https://www.myproana...mittent-fasting
This is my ideal body type by the end of 2020. Thin thick with a near flat stomach
c2f786ff75a62c993529314dd343b766.jpg

#77 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 26 May 2020 - 09:49 PM

Quite a woosh! Just read through your whole thread - congrats on Belgium. I love how big picture you are and exacting on your plans. I have never done those kind of charts and forethought for months ahead. I think it's great! Looking forward to seeing what comes next for you :)

Thank you <3

I really hope I can reach my goals, even if it takes me longer. Stalling is driving me crazy, but those charts keep me motivated! I definitely want to be 103 before going to Belgium  :rolleyes:

Best of luck with your goals too!

I am at Vitamin Shoppe right now. What brand are you using for the Watermelon flavor? 

Xtend

#78 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 26 May 2020 - 10:02 PM

Weight: 117.4

Deficit yesterday: 750
Deficit today: 460

I went shopping with a friend today after work. I hadn't seen her since before quarantine. It was nice to catch up. I'll post pics of what I bought tomorrow in better lighting.. I found some amazing walking/running shoes in my favorite color for $32 at TJ Maxx.

Here is a picture of dinner today. I felt like making a salad instead of stir-fried veggies. I only got 10k steps today so my deficit is crappy. I'm just too tired.3288145d6e2fb26683b57a69b00a9a47.jpgde62653c84dcba9a1142baa73d104ac3.jpg367890ca94c06f77c7938f020967d6c4.jpg

#79 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 27 May 2020 - 11:12 AM

My InBody results.

Last time I did this was January 8. I was 123.8 lbs and since then, I've only lost 4.5 lbs of fat... wtf? Is that all I've got to show for 7 weeks of dieting? f6873c5b0feb75ad1dc106a1d4714f5e.jpg

#80 lostinthestars

lostinthestars

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 2358 posts
  • LocationUSA & Belgium

Posted 27 May 2020 - 10:12 PM

Deficit: 900

Net carbs: 46.5

Steps: 13k

Calories: 1330

Macros: 111p/109c/64f

Today was overall... well, shitty. I found out I'd lost only 4.5 lbs of fat and I hardly made any money at work. For a positive, I only lost 0.2 lbs of dry lean mass, which isn't much to lose. The guy at the store where they have the InBody scale said that it was impressive to lose such little muscle in comparison to 4.5 lbs. of fat. If I'd only lost more fat! What is wrong here? Also, I took my measurements again this morning and my hips are 36.5, not 36.35 :(

Okay, enough negatives. At least I did some major clothes and shoes decluttering. It's amazing how many clothes I've had for so many years that I used to wear and thought they were cute, but I'd never wear again. It's kind of sad to get rid of them because I used to wear them a lot. My style is simpler and plainer. I don't care for anything that stands out.

Also, I'm feeling less hungry because I'm taking more of a medication that has an appetite blunting effect. I'll just start eating less.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: plant-based, exercise, steps, high protein, low carb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users