Calories That Irritate You? - Page 3 - EDNOS Discussions - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Calories That Irritate You?

anorexia EDNOS calories irritation

• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

#41 Abbey84

Abbey84

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:26 AM

Oil. It doesn't feel like it would be a lot since it's a liquid, right? The 100cals in a tbsp says otherwise and I can't find any other oils that are significantly lower in calories, it drives me insaneee. I like a little oil in my dishes to add flavor but it just seriously isn't worth the calories.

Use 1cal spray?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

#42 Abbey84

Abbey84

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 16 April 2020 - 05:38 AM

Peanut butter, chocolates (not the tablets. actual chocolate from chocolaterie), RICE, and Ive recently been addicted to bubble tea :( (and that's how I actually gained back couple of kgs. I did not realize how full of calories they were)

Had to look up bubble tea which led me to this:

https://www.thesun.c...s-constipation/

Apparently the tapioca balls are notoriously hard to digest - but why would anyone drink it? It looks revolting.

#43 MaggotFly

MaggotFly

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationO_o Freaker

Posted 16 April 2020 - 07:41 AM

Peanut/almond butter and OATMEAL. I wish a serving was 100 calories or under not 150, and god 100 calories for 1 tbsp of nut butter? Insane.

4'10

Cw 107 (idk if its my scale but my last one said 100 and then suddenly jumped up 7 lbs...idk :( )

Gw1: 100

Gw2: 95

Gw3: 90

UGW: 85

(I have hypothyroidism  :unsure: )

#44 Nikki131

Nikki131

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 08:16 AM

Vitamins and supplements like I'm just trying to be healthy why did you have to bring calories into this haha
Coffee, it's a miniscule amount but it's such a necessity life could've threw us a bone w that one and made it totally zero Cal

#45 ChocoNat

ChocoNat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 08:17 AM

Had to look up bubble tea which led me to this:

https://www.thesun.c...s-constipation/

Apparently the tapioca balls are notoriously hard to digest - but why would anyone drink it? It looks revolting.

Really ? Of all news articles possible, you went for The Sun ??? That trash racist dumb tabloid ? 

Anyway, let's go with it. First of all, it's not to your taste. But you cannot insult this way a drink or a food that a good part of a whole continent enjoys. It's not Something you were raised with, it does not mean it's "revolting". 

Second, that kid eat tons of them. One of my friend eat so much apples  that she went to the hospital. Therefore I'm guessing apples are bad. No. Think again. Anything you will eat in huge excess is gonna be bad for you. Every single thing. 

Lastly, it all depends on your stomach. I personally never had any digestive issue, even while drinking them multiple times per Week. Some people have stronger stomach than others. I know for example that some people have stomach issues and have to go the toilet for eating spicy food. I never once had that issue even after eating super spicy food.  

/ shrug

• thenewpoetry and deletedddddd like this

#46 BlackLaced

BlackLaced

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:33 AM

honestly all of them. gum, fizzy water

I can definitely relate.

I really hate alcohol and any empty calories such as soda and even juice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
  • hobies likes this

tumblr_pjxnm8qKRv1vmiumv_540.gif

#47 dazai'sbones

dazai'sbones

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 933 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:13 PM

why does cheese have so many calories for such a tiny amount ;-;

ugh exactly i love cheese...

• sweetener likes this

height: 163cm 

weight and bmi

hw: 72kg (32)

lw: 50kg (18.8)

cw: 58.5kg (22)

gw1: 55kg (20.7)

gw2: 50kg (18.8)

gw3: 45kg (16.9)

gw4: 40kg (15.1)

17+male+polish+gay

#48 humble_pie

humble_pie

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:35 PM

Nuts! so many calories in one small handful. all throughout my life I was never a big fan of nuts but for some reason I've started craving it recently ugh

keroppi-gifs+linda+lima+(1).gif

#49 CutePotato

CutePotato

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAmsterdam

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:43 PM

Eating homemade dinners really annoys me cause I never know if it was 400 or 600 or 800 cal lol I only trust packaged foods anything else triggers me to binge
  • Kaybug150, Detective L, ash~doll and 3 others like this

21 • 174 cm

#50 Rayfel

Rayfel

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 16 April 2020 - 02:58 PM

Nuts

Protein bars

Alcohol

#51 Kaybug150

Kaybug150

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1813 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 04:50 PM

Eating homemade dinners really annoys me cause I never know if it was 400 or 600 or 800 cal lol I only trust packaged foods anything else triggers me to binge

I understand that. It's one of the reasons I've never bothered to learn to cook, and one of the reasons I'm a "junk food anorexic" - because at least I know the calories in those foods.

I have before - I will again.

The scale doesn't lie - people do

HW: 123

LW: 99

CW: 116

GW1: 105

GW2: 99

UGW: 95 / 88

​There's a room inside your gut

​Close the door and keep it shut

​Let no daylight enter in

And the punishment begin

Emptiness is pure. Starvation is the cure.

#52 CaiCai

CaiCai

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationThe hell hole that is my brain

Posted 16 April 2020 - 07:23 PM

Use 1cal spray?

Psh, I WISH there was actually only 1 cal in those sprays. It's manipulative, you'd have to spray for like 1/4 of a sec for it to actually be 1cal, unfortunately. I just don't trust it. :l

• Sabitsuki, zonosaur and strawberryclouds like this

~StAy SaFe LoVeLiEs~

weight.png

#53 Autumn_Dreams

Autumn_Dreams

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 07:55 PM

Millshakes have a lot of indrigents. That's how they fit all those calories in.
Milkshakes are pretty good through, it's sad. I can't drink them often because most of them go OVER my limit. There's only two around me that don't, and they both hit mt exact limit, so if I choose to drink that, that's all my food for the day.

I’m not the biggest fan of milkshakes, but there’s something about the ones at McDonalds. They’re the only ones I drink but omfg I literally could have them everyday if it weren’t for the amount of calories in them. Even on my binge days when I order from McDonalds, I mostly get a coke zero as my drink, because the milkshakes have the same amount of calories as a burger and I’d rather eat than drink my calories. It’s only when I’m really going all out that I order one but even then it’s hard to do, and makes me sad that I can’t indulge like a normal person without thinking about how many calories everything is.
  • Detective L and earth_poppins like this

#54 Team_DietDrPepper

Team_DietDrPepper

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8907 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 08:01 PM

the calories in creamer. So crazy high for only a little bit of volume 

• Kaybug150 and CaiCai like this

Height- 5'0

HW- 126.8 pounds (March 2020)

LW- 87 pounds (April 2015)

CW- 123.4 pounds   

GW- 96 pounds

UGW-78 pounds

damn-it-im-fat-18331225.png

#55 earth_poppins

earth_poppins

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:56 PM

I’m not the biggest fan of milkshakes, but there’s something about the ones at McDonalds. They’re the only ones I drink but omfg I literally could have them everyday if it weren’t for the amount of calories in them. Even on my binge days when I order from McDonalds, I mostly get a coke zero as my drink, because the milkshakes have the same amount of calories as a burger and I’d rather eat than drink my calories. It’s only when I’m really going all out that I order one but even then it’s hard to do, and makes me sad that I can’t indulge like a normal person without thinking about how many calories everything is.

I feel you! That’s similar to my deal with Shake shack!! It Zero calorie milkshakes would be my dream come true!!

HW:171
LW:105
CW: 114
GW1:94
GW2:80
UGW:75

#56 Abbey84

Abbey84

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1019 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:07 AM

Really ? Of all news articles possible, you went for The Sun ??? That trash racist dumb tabloid ?

Anyway, let's go with it. First of all, it's not to your taste. But you cannot insult this way a drink or a food that a good part of a whole continent enjoys. It's not Something you were raised with, it does not mean it's "revolting".

Second, that kid eat tons of them. One of my friend eat so much apples that she went to the hospital. Therefore I'm guessing apples are bad. No. Think again. Anything you will eat in huge excess is gonna be bad for you. Every single thing.

Lastly, it all depends on your stomach. I personally never had any digestive issue, even while drinking them multiple times per Week. Some people have stronger stomach than others. I know for example that some people have stomach issues and have to go the toilet for eating spicy food. I never once had that issue even after eating super spicy food.

/ shrug

You don't have to be so aggressive just because I don't like what you like and have a difference of opinion - it's revolting to me and I actually tried it yesterday.

If you like it fair enough, that's your business.

• Kaybug150, azlena and Just.Thin like this

#57 ChocoNat

ChocoNat

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 12:13 PM

You don't have to be so aggressive just because I don't like what you like and have a difference of opinion - it's revolting to me and I actually tried it yesterday.

If you like it fair enough, that's your business.

I went agressive because you were not exactly nice tbh.  You have every right to find a food or drink revolting / to you/ , as we say in French, one shouldn't discuss taste, but to say it as a general rule that it's revolting (your direct quote the first time" but why would anyone drink it? It looks revolting." )especially when it's Something very common in part of Asia, should not have been said. Anyway. 

Nice, I miss them a bit if only the idea of it, since I'm currently in a country with a lockdown so everything closed. 

• silkandsoju, deletedddddd and hopeworld like this

#58 manicwitchynightmare

manicwitchynightmare

Advanced Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:23 PM

It's dumb, but trail mix bugs me so much. It's way more calories than it feels like it should be! Where do they all come from?! I don't even eat the ones with candies in them, I stick to spicy ones so I eat less. 
One time I ate some without checking first and I almost cried. It's so much.

mini-graphics-cats-704297.gifIndridmini-graphics-cats-704297.gif

mini-graphics-mushrooms-885791.gif they/them mini-graphics-mushrooms-885791.gif 19 mini-graphics-mushrooms-885791.gif leo mini-graphics-mushrooms-885791.gif

tumblr_n6o8kxZQaq1s829s6o1_500.jpg

otV4m5.png?t=1&u3TJHsjh

#59 vintage-borderline

vintage-borderline

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 17 April 2020 - 01:27 PM

vaping, coffee, tea, sweetener, "0 cal drinks", gum are all pretty annoying

[ Male | England | 18 | Queer | AN | Cryptid | Chaotic Neutral ]

[ MPA2: vintage-borderline | Ask for Discord ]

-

"Lovely day for it."

#60 googirl

googirl

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:36 PM

any cake, cookie or chocolate thing really upsets me. i crave it like crazy but it's never truly satisfying or worth the cals

if i wanted to i could easily eat 2000 cals of cake and not even feel full like at all . sugar, man... i think my body reacts to sugar like a drug
  • zonosaur and brownrabbit like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anorexia, EDNOS, calories, irritation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users