Lock down - how are you all coping? - Page 4 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Lock down - how are you all coping?

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 19 December 2020 - 01:20 AM

I'm worried about catching the virus because it's not like I can lock myself in for the next few years.. but right now I'm only going out for exercise, food and sometimes short drives. My office won't be back open until they new year. 

Other than being worried a lot, I'm mostly enjoying my time working on my home businesses and just spending quality time alone 

Highest weight : 145

Current weight : 135

GW1: 135 

GW2: 130

GW3: 125

GW4: 120

#62 gracieux

gracieux

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 December 2020 - 09:45 PM

This year sucks, and this time of year sucks. It's two days before Christmas and I feel absolutely empty and gray. And fat.

• EternalLove and inwonderland9 like this

Female 30 years old 

HW: (BMI 19.5)

LW: (BMI 14.6)

CW: (BMI 18.0)

#63 Jay Jay

Jay Jay

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 08:17 PM

How am I coping, you ask? TERRIBLY, I answer.  :blink:

• TheBigRedMachine<3 likes this

original.gif

#64 WinterFairie

WinterFairie

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 January 2021 - 10:13 PM

I work full-time remote outside of lockdown, so work is par for the course....but I find, while it is awful to say, I am enjoying lock down because I don't have to make social commitments, go to restaurants, or socialize outside of the house. In some ways there is a sense of calm. 

Staying in also helps protect myself and others, so I feel good about that side of things as well. My immune system isn't great, so I'm always cautious, and now extra cautious. 

In terms of mental health, my anxiety is pretty high, which isn't unusual, but is noticeably worse.

It's harder to restrict with my husband home, but since we work in different areas of the house with our own schedules, that helps. 

I have picked back up practicing yoga and increased my meditation practice. I guess I'm trying to develop more healthy habits!

...I enjoy the calming energy of trees, copious amounts of tea, hanging out with my gentleman of a cat, and meditation...

SW: 105
LW: 97
CW: 97

GW1: 95

#65 Onadiet

Onadiet

Advanced Sage

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1549 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 06:11 PM

Always on my own anyway but play places bein shit n parks not always pleasant places to take ur child is hard of the kids.

#66 blacknailsandcorsets

blacknailsandcorsets

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 01:35 AM

Honestly, fantastic lol. I get to spend all the time at home, walk only to the nearest park/forest, and visit family. Every other activity I used to hate going to is now online, even my job, so I can spend more time at home in my safe space with my partner, where I can make us a dinner on my lunch break and spend it together on the couch, watching the trees in the window, or having a small movie break and cuddle. Also when I'm overwhelmed at work I can take my lunch break in the bedroom in full blackout and silence, and just rest. I am better at keeping up with the chores now that I don't have to commute for a long time to go places. Now that my family is also keeping safe, I feel much better. I bring them food that I cook, and we get to spend more time together. It's just altogether a perfect introvert situation.

I also do not worry about catching corona because besides seeing my family who already were sick with it and are soon getting their vaccines, I just don't meet people.

I feel terrible for extroverts and people who cannot work remotely nowadays though.

When I'm on a call/meeting at work I can sometimes hear someone's children screaming their ears off, and I am this close to having a meltdown, I can't imagine having that every day. The governments should help people who now have to take care of their children, in general the solutions that have been presented are a giant, unhelpful mess. But what to expect from politicians who have their heads so far up their asses they have 0 contact with reality of a common person.

There will be blood.

All that you touch you change.

The past is never dead. It's not even past.

#67 TheBigRedMachine<3

TheBigRedMachine<3

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1322 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 April 2021 - 02:30 PM

Miserably, I hate working from home and over a year later I haven't been able to successfully adapt.

I hate my job now.

Weight: 

Pregnant and due in October 2021.

Trying to cope with doing the right thing for baby while dealing with gaining weight and poor body image.

**PSA - my user name is in reference to my favorite wrestler... starting to think it may be interpreted as something else... :)

#68 Cinnamon Dolce

Cinnamon Dolce

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:56 PM

Been at home ever since March of last year. I cope with a lot of ..

#69 BeThinErin

BeThinErin

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 532 posts
  • LocationKentucky,USA

Posted 29 April 2021 - 04:30 PM

My life hasn't changed at all..I  am an essential worker so I didn't miss any work...We were open the whole time...Never got sick...Never quarentined....Nothing...I workout at home always have...I rarely went out anyway....I wished I could have worked from home or been laid off...I know that sounds awful, but I could had drawn more money than I make and I would have alot saved up....I also would had lost more weight...I was off work for 6 month in 2013 and that's exactly how I hit my low weight.  I was working out constantly and moving about constantly and restricting and sleeping alot...I am kinda irked I didn't get to be home at all...

HT: 5'7                                               GW2: 115
CW: 123...(9/1/2015)                         GW3: 113

LW: 106 :D

HW: 185 :((20 years ago)
SW : 130 :unsure:
GW1:125 <_<Hit 9/14/13
GW2: 120 -_- Hit 10/4/13
GW3: 115 :mellow: Hit 10/19/13
GW4: 110 :) Hit 11/14/13
GW5: 106 :D Hit 12/15/13
???GAIN-118-- 3 /6/14
UGW: I'll let you know when I get there ;)

Here we go again...

2015 Start 123... :unsure:

GW1: 117

09/2/19---Haven't been this FAT in YEARS!  I'm ashamed to say what my start weight is...and my goal weight too.

04/27/21: CW:125     GW:????see how low I can get

#70 MsUnderstood

MsUnderstood

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1358 posts

Posted 04 June 2021 - 03:52 PM

I worked throughout lockdown so nothing really changed, except the 2 weeks I was off when caught covid from one of the kids I work with. Luckily none of us got it too seriously.
It's a shame, the thought of working in my pjs is very appealing lol

Sent from my SM-G770F using Tapatalk

If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users