SBD! ~ New to your World - WeightWatchers - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

SBD! ~ New to your World

southbeachdiet SBD

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Leighanu

Leighanu

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 April 2020 - 12:58 AM

Hello beach-goers!

So it was a mere few days ago I was scouring MPA and going through my notifications when someone posted the all too familiar 'How do I... (insert eating disorder coping mechanism here)' post. It hadn't been too long since they had posted so there weren't any people scolding them, but there was one reply that mentioned 'going to the south beach diet forum' because apparently they are more relaxed about general tips and motivations.

And that was my big AHA! So I searched around for a while trying to hunt you guys down, discovering the unfortunate troll situation in the Accountability forum. Eventually while going through replies on those posts I saw that SBD was making a move to the Weight Watchers forum. I thought 'brilliant!'

But in coming here with the intention I did, I also have some questions about how you guys post.

First of all, I was wondering just how lax you guys are. Is it full on proana tipsntrix, meanspo, incredibly triggering? Is it just a little corner where you guys are just sharing your thoughts and feelings without any judgement? Is it somewhere in-between?

I don't want to make this seem like I'm investigating or judging anyone here, it's the complete opposite. I want to make sure I can chill on the beach with you guys without going too far or ruffling feathers. Since I've only been around a few years on MPA I've only ever known the more conservative and touchy side.

Thanks for any and all answers!

mwuzm7.png

200 | 199 | 198 | 197 | 196 | 195 | 194 | 193 | 192 | 191
190 | 189 | 188 | 187 | 186 | 185 | 184 | 183 | 182 | 181
180 | 179 | 178 | 177 | 176 | 175

GW1: 175 lbs | GW2: 150 lbs | GW3: 130lbs
UGW: 100-120 lbs

#2 whiskerz

whiskerz

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1899 posts
  • LocationU.S.-MN

Posted 19 April 2020 - 06:10 PM

So hey, I'm not a beach goer myself, but I have gotten told "go to sbd if you want that kind of content" and I think since this place (weight watchers forum) is pretty dead and since being "pro" isn't against any rules you could try posting here. Otherwise, MyPancakeAddiction has a section for "crepes" and they're a bit more hardcore there.

#3 EDNOSFailface

EDNOSFailface

Saw the FNORDs

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12401 posts

Posted 20 April 2020 - 10:04 PM

I guess if you want meanspo or something like that just post it in your topic line when posting

my favorite sport is self-hatred

I no longer post weight stats or photos due to constant harassment by trolls who come from other forums

#4 whiskerz

whiskerz

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1899 posts
  • LocationU.S.-MN

Posted 21 April 2020 - 04:16 PM

I guess if you want meanspo or something like that just post it in your topic line when posting

HI!!! I haven't seen you around in a while, glad to see you're still active (well, not really but you know what I mean)
  • EDNOSFailface likes this

#5 low_fat_shoe

low_fat_shoe

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 18 May 2020 - 03:31 AM

Hey! So basically I’ve done my usual of going off MPA for a while and coming back the minute things get tough again 😂 could someone tell me what SBD is?! I’ve been looking around everywhere and can’t see an explanation? Maybe I’m just being stupid and missing it but I wanna know so baddddd! X
weight.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: southbeachdiet, SBD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users