Minoxidil/Rogaine - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Minoxidil/Rogaine

minoxidil rogaine hair loss alopecia latisse platelet-rich plasma PRP PRP injections androgenic alopecia

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 VelvetFires

VelvetFires

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1109 posts
  • LocationWashington D.C.

Posted 20 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

Does anyone here use Rogaine or its generic, minoxidil? I've tried it on and off, but I've never been able to stick with it for more than a week (so I never even get to the shedding phase). I started it again yesterday on my scalp and my eyebrows using the 5% solution. I'm hoping to stick with it for at least 3 months to see if I do get any regrowth.

I was diagnosed with androgenic alopecia and my dermatologist recommended it to me as a treatment. He also prescribed me spironolactone. I plan on eventually getting Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections for my hair loss, but I am out of work at the moment and it is very expensive (also can't get it while COVID-19 is a thing anyway). I also would like to look into Latisse, but it is also too expensive for me to afford every month right now. 

What is everyone's experiences with it? Do you prefer the solution or the foam? Did you have issues with the 5% and had to switch to 2%? Any unusual or concerning side effects? 

- Velvet - 5’4” - Vegetarian -

#2 VelvetFires

VelvetFires

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1109 posts

Posted 23 April 2020 - 04:52 AM

Not to bump my own thread, but I think this might be a good place to discuss my own Rogaine journey. I’m on day four of consistently using it on my scalp and eyebrows twice a day and I’m SO nervous about the upcoming shedding phase. Thank god I'm in quarantine!!! I read that it take anywhere from 3-6 months to see results and I am way too impatient for that. I want results now ugh.

#3 littleeagle

littleeagle

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 May 2020 - 01:53 AM

Hi I'm not using it but my husband was looking at minoxidil for his beard..
I came across a study that used 3% peppermint oil in mice https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4289931/

It mentions apolecia so thought it may be of help to you.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
  • VelvetFires likes this

#4 petite souris

petite souris

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 May 2020 - 08:27 AM

I haven't used it but my boyfriend has been using Rogaine for 6 months now. He has typical male pattern baldness where it's very, very thin on the top of his head but still thick on the sides and back. He's seen less shedding and hair loss but not so much new growth. He uses the foam, I think.

• VelvetFires likes this

#5 VelvetFires

VelvetFires

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1109 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 03:07 AM

Hi I'm not using it but my husband was looking at minoxidil for his beard..
I came across a study that used 3% peppermint oil in mice https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC4289931/
It mentions apolecia so thought it may be of help to you.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll check it out! I’ve been having some great results with the Rogaine, but I think my hair could still use a little extra growth in some places.

I haven't used it but my boyfriend has been using Rogaine for 6 months now. He has typical male pattern baldness where it's very, very thin on the top of his head but still thick on the sides and back. He's seen less shedding and hair loss but not so much new growth. He uses the foam, I think.

I’ve been using the 5% solution and I’ve been having some crazy regrowth. The most intense regrowth has been on my eyebrows (which I actually have now LOL), but the hair on my head is looking significantly fuller and better than before. I could still use a little more hair growth on my scalp, but I probably just need to give it more time. I noticed I’ve been shedding a lot less too! I was using the solution at first, but I recently switched over to the 5% foam just to see if I’d like it better. I think I prefer the foam because it doesn’t drip, but it still leaves my hair a gross texture just like the solution.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: minoxidil, rogaine, hair loss, alopecia, latisse, platelet-rich plasma, PRP, PRP injections, androgenic alopecia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users