Restless legs - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Restless legs

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 BombAnny

BombAnny

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 April 2020 - 07:42 PM

Does anyone else get restless legs a lot? I wonder if restriction makes it worse. It started last year and some weeks it's gone, then suddenly it's every night.
I can't sleep right now, 3am. :(

#2 cinnamonfairybb

cinnamonfairybb

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 27 April 2020 - 01:03 PM

I experience this from time to time from stress/anxiety. Even while in bed, try some stretching and deepbreathing. Distraction also helps, the more you think about how restless you are the worse you feel yknow.

My mom used to say to jog in place so your tired before bed but that just wakes me up, doesn't work for me but you could try that out!

#3 Dpaarsksenger

Dpaarsksenger

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 01 May 2020 - 11:37 AM

I usually get to where I generally keep moving around and can't sit still and am wiggley when I'm trying to sleep during restriction, especially during more extreme restriction. Getting something in your stomach helps, maybe a warm broth or a lot of water even 1 cup of milk if you can or something around under 100 calories just to get something in your body(: it usually helps for me but broth works best it's like 0 calories and when it's warm it makes you feel full

#4 koala_

koala_

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5834 posts
  • Locationthe broken emoji in my sig is part of my aesthetic

Posted 01 May 2020 - 01:23 PM

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING WORST

can I ask if you're on any meds? I found out this was really being exacerbated by a medication I was on, and it was such a relief when I went off it

Also, I've seen supplements at the pharmacy designed specifically for restless legs? no idea if they're legit

accountability (with pictures!)

my breast lift before/after!

5'10

hw: 215 (30.8)

cw/lw: 105.9 (15.2) - 7/19/20

gw: 115 (16.5) - 5/13/20

gw: 113 (16.2) - 5/23/20

gw: 111 (15.9) - 6/6/20

gw: 109 (15.6) - 6/11/20

gw: 107 (15.4) - 6/16/20

gw: 105 (15.1)

gw: 104.2 (14.9)

ugw: 110 (15.8) - 6/9/20

ugw: 99 (14.2)

~ koala's thinspo ~ thongspo ~ swimspo ~ stockings ~

~ short hair thinspo ~ smokespo ~ #getcrunk ~ fur friends ~

august 4, 2019 

#5 BombAnny

BombAnny

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:36 PM

I experience this from time to time from stress/anxiety. Even while in bed, try some stretching and deepbreathing. Distraction also helps, the more you think about how restless you are the worse you feel yknow.

My mom used to say to jog in place so your tired before bed but that just wakes me up, doesn't work for me but you could try that out!

Thank you! I'll try stretching more. Anxiety could definitely be it. Sometimes I have it each day for a who week , then don't for weeks. It's unpredictable.

#6 BombAnny

BombAnny

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:38 PM

I usually get to where I generally keep moving around and can't sit still and am wiggley when I'm trying to sleep during restriction, especially during more extreme restriction. Getting something in your stomach helps, maybe a warm broth or a lot of water even 1 cup of milk if you can or something around under 100 calories just to get something in your body(: it usually helps for me but broth works best it's like 0 calories and when it's warm it makes you feel full

Yeah sometimes it's fighting against the hunger really. Broth is a good idea. I can make some myself and freeze it for microwave during these nights. :)

#7 BombAnny

BombAnny

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:40 PM

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE FUCKING WORST
can I ask if you're on any meds? I found out this was really being exacerbated by a medication I was on, and it was such a relief when I went off it
Also, I've seen supplements at the pharmacy designed specifically for restless legs? no idea if they're legit

I'm not! So not the case unfortunately. Internet says a lot about it. I've tried magnesium citrate too and epson salt baths. But never specific medicine for it. Didn't know that would exist! I'll check if they have in my country 💗who knows, maybe it's magic

#8 rcanina

rcanina

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1187 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 01:25 PM

magnesium deficiency

• thenewpoetry and bongonuts like this

#9 Peanut.

Peanut.

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4175 posts
  • LocationDurham's Local Chubbo

Posted 02 May 2020 - 02:17 PM

I have Restless Leg Syndrome and it sometimes keeps me up at night too. Something that seems to help a little lately is using deep heat cream behind my knees and on the pressure point below my ankle.

• BombAnny likes this

Current Goal: 14% Body Fat || Ultimate Goal: Recovery    

Accountability

d403bfc098b8507337943b65d2668bebc83f19b1 tumblr_inline_p8bw39dN2w1rhwzwl_75sq.gif d403bfc098b8507337943b65d2668bebc83f19b1

Please kick my butt if I skip my work-out

#10 BombAnny

BombAnny

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 03 May 2020 - 02:22 AM

I have Restless Leg Syndrome and it sometimes keeps me up at night too. Something that seems to help a little lately is using deep heat cream behind my knees and on the pressure point below my ankle.

Oh thank you. I have not tried that out yet but I bought some of that cream a while ago so have it at home!
It's very tiring isn't it? It suddenly started with me last year.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SNE-LX1 met Tapatalk

#11 toby5678

toby5678

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:35 PM

Iron deficiency.

Btw oral Mg supplementation is a flawed concept. Its a phenomenally potent laxative, usually results in diarrhoea and you lose more Mg in the diarrhoea than you absorb from the supplement. So it usually actually makes hypomagnesaemia worse. 

There is only one god and her name is ana.

#12 Espressily

Espressily

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:23 PM

Are you consuming foods high in wheat / gluten content?
I've found my trigger to be gluten, and especially bread.
Maybe yours can also be caused by food hypersensitivity? Try keeping a food & symptom journal. Hope this helps

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

#13 DreamyMess

DreamyMess

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 30 May 2020 - 03:59 PM

Too much vitamine B6 can make restless legs worse or any other painful/irritating leg condition or cause leg problems to begin with, according to my doctor.

#14 rcanina

rcanina

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1187 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:08 PM

Iron deficiency.

Btw oral Mg supplementation is a flawed concept. Its a phenomenally potent laxative, usually results in diarrhoea and you lose more Mg in the diarrhoea than you absorb from the supplement. So it usually actually makes hypomagnesaemia worse. 

magnesium spray

#15 Fatass2003

Fatass2003

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • LocationLost in space

Posted 04 June 2020 - 01:10 PM

I’m definitely gonna try these things! My RLS has been getting worse the last two months 

I'm just a girl

I love being called pretty, but I'll never believe it.

I'm not always right, but hate admitting I'm wrong.

I'm almost always smiling, but its not always real.

I can be read like an open book, but hide so much.

I work hard at things, but don't always get what I deserve

I'm just a girl

Stats in my "about me" page

Accountability: https://www.myproana...accountability/

#16 Thegrump&i

Thegrump&i

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 01:58 AM

I used to get this every night until i had an iron and b12 infusion, which seemed to help within a few days of having it. I would suggest getting bloods done for iron levels and starting iron supplementation if they are low or borderline low.

#17 Sofiia

Sofiia

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationWorking out

Posted 05 August 2020 - 07:50 AM

Iron supplement helped me! When I was anemic with hemoglobin under 115 I developed this 

HW    168

CW    135 134 133 132 131 130

GW1   120
GW2   110

UGW  100

LW     96

5'4

#18 teddyhurts

teddyhurts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 23 August 2020 - 04:58 AM

I get RLS bad. Every night. I got a heavy weighted blanket and fold it over my lower legs. About 7-9kg and it’s a God sent. It helps so much. It basically changed the sensation so I feel compression heavy squashed feeling instead of the horrible feeling. It takes it from 100%awful down to a tolerable %20

Yes so I find my meds and alcohol make it worse
BUT the weight on my legs fixes it

I know it odd but try it.

I realised it would work because before my blanket I used to tie cords around my legs to give them a compression/pain feeling. That worked a little
Then I thought of weights and they kept falling off my bed but the blanket was great

#19 Cymmetry

Cymmetry

Faceache

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14608 posts

Posted 23 August 2020 - 05:50 AM

GOD YES HELP. mine has been getting worse lately i think and idk what to do and when i used to be on medication for it i don't even think it helped.

i think a weighted blanket helps, but it's too hot in my bedroom for that.

the med i used to be on was ropinirole if anybody's wondering. can't remember the dosage, this was years ago.

bta85nc.jpg

#20 teddyhurts

teddyhurts

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 August 2020 - 04:56 AM

My doctor prescribed me Norflex for RLS. It’s a skeletal muscle relaxant. One that’s not addictive or restricted too much. It’s science name is orphenadrine
I hope you get some relief. I know how awful it is. Not everyone understands but yeah it’s real. I don’t need meds now my writer blanket but the meds did sort of help ..
Stretching seems like nothing but it helps too. Exercise helps but too much exercise makes it worse.. fine line..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users