Probably wrong thread because I honestly never know where to posts these types of topic-questions. But... - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Probably wrong thread because I honestly never know where to posts these types of topic-questions. But...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Indigo Baby

Indigo Baby

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:24 AM

So Ramadan started, and so far I've lost 2 kg in 5 days, which I'm proud of because I usually gain weight during Ramadan.

I hate my body and my weight and I would do anything to lose weight, but I don't do Ramadan as a diet, I really do it religiously. But I also started to listen to my body since a few weeks ago. I don't eat for fun anymore, and I only eat when I'm hungry until I feel full. I also eat little during iftaar, but when I feel hungry again, I eat some fruit until I feel full again. Fresh dates are my favourite.

Now to the main topic.. question thingy.

I can't fast this week, because I got my period. And I decided to go on a 2 day chocolate mono. I wanted to go for a 3 day chocolate mono, but I am visiting my cousin on Thursday, and she and her mother can't fast because of chronical health problems.

Anyway, today I ate just a little piece of chocolate (Tony's Chocolonely, the blue one. My cousin and I are both vegan), and I felt so full for hours. I really had just a small piece. Is this normal? Will it have effect on my weight loss journey? Is it something good or bad? I don't even like chocolate, could it be because of that? I'm only doing it because I've read a lot of positive outcomes on MPA.

I am aware that not everyone's body is the same, and I don't know if it will work for me. But I still want to try it anyway.

#2 lavender-coffee

lavender-coffee

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • LocationMy Bed

Posted 28 April 2020 - 09:35 AM

In my opinion, Monos are quite frankly just not working or worth it, especially stuff like chocolate that is so calorie dense with no nutrients. I personally have never seen really positive outcomes or a lot of people doing it nowadays. Just a great way to get bored of a food and crave another even more. I think 2 days should be okay though. Be aware though that since chocolate is so calorie dense, you'll lose a lot of food weight that'll come back when you eat other foods again, but that's not fat.

It's good that it made you feel full, but I think you're more likely feeling like that because of your period and bloating, but I don't know if this is normal for you?

Of course it'll have an impact on your weightloss journey if all you ate in a day was a small piece of chocolate, I don't see why not.

Best of luck :)

PURGING DISORDER

former diagnosis: a-typical anorexia/EDNOS

HW:    89.1kg/196lbs

LW:    50.9kg/112lbs

CW:    52.1kg/114lbs

(trying to maintain until September 12th)

GW: |   60kg/132lbs  |  55kg/121lbs  |  50kg/110lbs  |  45kg/99lbs  |

UGW:    40kg/88lbs

Completed 5.1kg Fast

Goals&Rewards:

Spoiler

I write kinda coldly/harsh, it's because I suck at publicly writing, forgive me ;;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users