A night-time protein powder which helps you sleep? Thoughts please - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

A night-time protein powder which helps you sleep? Thoughts please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hendrix

Hendrix

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • LocationMelbourne

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:44 PM

Hey lovelies. So I've been looking into low cal, low carb protein powders/bars to use as meal replacements when I've had a bunch of low restriction days in a row (I prefer to restrict between 600-800 cals per day but sometimes that slips way lower, and for me, that's not sustainable). Also thought it'd be really useful to have something on hand when I know I need to make dinner but I'm feeling overwhelmed. Or y'know, when I haven't done my groceries & have zero food in the house (I live by myself).

Anyways - I was looking at Maxine's because I really like their protein bars.

I stumbled across their night time protein powder and was wondering what you guys thought of it? How do you think the macros look? Has anyone tried it? https://www.nutritio...by-maxines.html

I thought the "sleep enhancing benefits" could be kinda useful, especially seeing as I struggle to get to sleep unless it's 2am or I've had a glass of wine.

Would love to hear any thoughts :)

• Abbey84 likes this

Capricorn - INFJ

163.7cm / 5f4

Highest weight: 82.3kg / 181.4lbs January 2016

Lowest weight: 58kg / 127.8lbs June 2012

Goal weight: 55kg / 121lbs

UGW: 50kg / 110lbs

This time around.

Start weight: 74kg

Current weight: 64kg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

I learned that hunger is a symptom of adopting bad behavior.

When I get better, I'll treat you like I used to

#2 Abbey84

Abbey84

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1304 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:52 AM

I have a protein shake before bed, really helps fill me up and sleep. Mines the For Goodness Shake chocolate 134 cals 300mls, 11 grams carbs 20g protein.

Never tried powder, can't be doing with all the mixing lol, but yeah it's worth a shot - mine stops any hunger pangs if that helps.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
CW 80lbs bmi 16.2 gw 78lbs

#3 Abbey84

Abbey84

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1304 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 May 2020 - 05:57 AM

Hey lovelies. So I've been looking into low cal, low carb protein powders/bars to use as meal replacements when I've had a bunch of low restriction days in a row (I prefer to restrict between 600-800 cals per day but sometimes that slips way lower, and for me, that's not sustainable). Also thought it'd be really useful to have something on hand when I know I need to make dinner but I'm feeling overwhelmed. Or y'know, when I haven't done my groceries & have zero food in the house (I live by myself).

Anyways - I was looking at Maxine's because I really like their protein bars.

I stumbled across their night time protein powder and was wondering what you guys thought of it? How do you think the macros look? Has anyone tried it? https://www.nutritio...by-maxines.html

I thought the "sleep enhancing benefits" could be kinda useful, especially seeing as I struggle to get to sleep unless it's 2am or I've had a glass of wine.

Would love to hear any thoughts :)

Love the sales pitch hehe:

"And if that isn’t a enough, Maxine’s Night also includes a fat burning complex that has been designed to enhance the liberation of fat in order to ensure it is the primary fuel sourced burned while you rest."

Macros look pretty good to me, mines 11grams carbs as well and 20g protein so this one looks fine - 200mls isn't a lot for the calories but looks ok otherwise.

Wouldn't the green coffee bean extract keep you awake or don't they have caffeine in them?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
  • Hendrix likes this
CW 80lbs bmi 16.2 gw 78lbs

#4 Caffiend.

Caffiend.

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1651 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:00 AM

Looks like a good protein, but I would question why they mix stimulants ("fat burning" ingredients) with the sleep enhancement ingredients, and there's no dosage for these ingredients to see what the ratio between the two is like... If your sleep is not great then you may be better off having your regular protein powder and supplement with the sleep supplements separately?

[28] [INFJ] [5'8] [HW: 197] [CW: 178.9] [GW: 150]

Accountability

October Habit Tracker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users