7 Day Fast Accountability | Complete, with week post fast weigh in. - Fasting and Cleansing - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

7 Day Fast Accountability | Complete, with week post fast weigh in.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 05 May 2020 - 01:35 PM

Start: Saturday 2nd, 2pm

End: Saturday 9th, 2pm

Beginning Weight: 202.6 lbs

End Weight: 192.8 lbs

Weight after One Week: 196 lbs

Hour 77 of 168, Tuesday.

Weight: 199

So I started on Saturday, It's now Tuesday. I am really hoping and praying that I can make it to the end of this fast. I did tell myself that if I start feeling extremely nauseous and am genuinely worried for my health I will stop, but aside from that I have no intentions to. Kinda scary because my longest fast has only ever been 4 days so I really hope I can do this! I've been watching a lot of fasting youtubers to stay motivated. 

Thankfully I haven't had the nausea yet aside from a few times when drinking water. My current symptoms are going out of breath easily, Being EXTREMELY tired and not being bothered to do anything. I've been meaning to ask; to anyone who has fasted for long periods of time before, What supplements / vitamins / whatever would you suggest taking? I hear a lot of mixed opinions on this. Anyways, i'll update tomorrow.

#2 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 May 2020 - 06:59 AM

Hour 95 of 168, Wednesday.

Weight: 197.2

So happy to be out of the 200's it's unreal. I do feel a bit better today, still pretty tired but not as bad as yesterday, where i legit spent the entire day in bed lol. I think if I keep feeling the way I do now, I can finish this thing easily. I'm just scared of deteriorating. I've just started my period so the back pain sucks, i'm hoping this won't interfere with my loss. One of my biggest troubles is probably not drinking enough water. I think i'm averaging 2 litres a day right now, which is pretty pathetic lol. I've found water tends to make me pretty nauseous though so I find it hard to drink a lot. 

#3 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 07 May 2020 - 08:23 AM

Hour 120 of 168, Thursday.

Weight: 195

I'm super happy with the results i've been getting. If i keep losing at least 1lb in the next two days, I should be 193, though I am losing more than 1lb every day. I am fully expecting to regain 2/3lbs when I start eating again, just from food being in my system if nothing else, But I now feel comfortable that I will keep under 200 when that happens, which was the goal of this fast! Today I've been feeling a little bit of nausea which sucks, but nothing I can't handle. Tomorrow I really need to full clean the house and i'm dreading it to be honest. Just walking up and down the stairs to get water has left me gasping for breath, and i usually do not get out of breath from going up the stairs at all.

​TMI warning from this point on, don't read if you're squeamish. So the past 4 days or so I have been getting the most uncontrollable bowel movements lol. It's literally brown liquid, nothing solid about it. I have about 5 seconds from when I get the sensation that I need to go, before I'm gonna go whether I like it or not. Thankfully because I've been at home this whole time I've been able to make that, but on Monday this happened while I was walking back from the store to get my cat some food.... you can guess the rest. I was about 10 metres from home at this point thankfully, but my god i felt so embarrassed. Anyways, thought i'd throw this in because a lot of fasting threads tend to leave this part out and you should know what you're getting into lmao.

#4 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 May 2020 - 06:33 AM

Hour 142 of 168, Friday.

Weight: 193.8

Well, I'm almost done! Just over 24 hours to go. I feel really proud to have made it this far. I have been feeling quite dizzy and sick today, earlier I stood up and saw all white but i'm not feeling TERRIBLE, so I am sure I can survive 1 more day. It's insane when you lose this quickly, the difference you can feel in your body. My back fat has lessened a lot, my waist is smaller, my stomach droops less, my calves are smaller... usually I wouldn't notice these things because it would happen over time, but losing (so far) just under 10 pounds in a week makes you notice these things. My final weigh in is tomorrow and i am pretty excited. Hoping to be 193 minimum, which seems doable. I will definitely do this again in the future, but next time I will make sure to have some electrolyte powder so I can maybe do something other than just lay in bed.

#5 sleeplessbeauty

sleeplessbeauty

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 07:38 AM

Way to go! Glad to hear you are noticing the changes in your body as you lose, that is always something to smile about  :)

• DIETTEARS likes this

#6 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 08 May 2020 - 09:05 AM

Thank you!

Way to go! Glad to hear you are noticing the changes in your body as you lose, that is always something to smile about  :)

• sleeplessbeauty likes this

#7 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 09 May 2020 - 01:13 PM

5 hours post fast, Saturday.

Weight: 192.8

Well, I managed to make it! I must say that this fast was a lot more difficult than I thought it would be. It wasn't anything to do with hunger, I didn't actually get hungry at all. It was how my body just gave up. The most simplest of tasks left me completely breathless and I constantly felt like I had to be careful to avoid injuring myself. Oh yeah, and then there was the fact that I had to stay in bed like 7 extra hours a day because I was always so exhausted. The boredom was also excruciating. 

Anyways, in total I lost 9.8 pounds! I know I will gain some of that back and retain water weight for a while but I'm still pretty pumped about it. I wanted to refeed today very modestly with about 500 calories but I really had to go up to 1250. I have a busy day tomorrow and I actually need to be able to build up some strength again or I won't be able to take it. Obviously I ate these calories very slowly throughout the day (it's 7pm now and I just finished my last piece of food) to my joy I managed to avoid puking any of it up, which usually happens when I do 3 day fasts. I kinda went into a food coma after my main meal earlier and had to take a 3 hour nap, in which time i was sweating like crazy. It really does feel like my body has been through some kind of ordeal, I don't know how people cope with doing this for an extended period of time.

Anyways, I will be continuing to update this thread for the next week tracking my refeeding, weight gain and strength returning because most fasting threads don't really do that. I know I will be fluctuating a lot in this week, but i'm hoping that by Saturday my weight will have sorted itself out.

#8 sci_project

sci_project

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 May 2020 - 03:02 PM

Hey I’m 5 days into a 7 day fast right now. Will potentially go to 10 days. Anyway did you supplement potassium magnesium and salt during the fast? You kind of need to at this length fast to not feel bad.

Good job!! Great results
  • DIETTEARS likes this

#9 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:50 AM

Good luck! I was supplementing magnesium and salt but not potassium sadly, next time I will definitely go into fasts of this length more prepared.

Hey I’m 5 days into a 7 day fast right now. Will potentially go to 10 days. Anyway did you supplement potassium magnesium and salt during the fast? You kind of need to at this length fast to not feel bad.

Good job!! Great results

#10 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:57 AM

Day 1 after Completion, Sunday.

Weight: 193

I gained back 0.2 lbs. I'm actually pretty shocked this wasn't higher, though sometimes gains take 2 days to show up on the scale for me so we'll see. Now that I have a little more energy i'm on a 500 cal limit for today, having 3 bananas and 2 fibre one brownies today. Still getting that burning feeling in my muscles when i go up and down stairs, but not the complete breathlessness I was before, which is nice. Tomorrow i'll be starting a 850ish a day plan and I'm pretty scared of gaining a lot to be honest, that's the most i've eaten daily in a long time but. We'll see if it helps my metabolism recover a little.

#11 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 11 May 2020 - 01:52 PM

Day 2 after Completion, Monday.

Weight: 193.8

0.6 lb gain. It's been harder to eat food than I thought it would be; not really getting hungry at the minute. Had to stop at 600 calories today because I felt sick. I'm just wondering when the gainback will stop and I'll go back to losing, it seems to be going pretty slow so far. I was expecting to be 195lbs by now but I haven't really been having much dense food so I guess it makes sense. 

#12 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 12 May 2020 - 09:36 AM

Day 3 after Completion, Tuesday.

Weight: 193.2

0.6 lb loss!  I introduced a little bit more food today (previously I was only eating bananas, smoothies, fibre one bars and wheat noodles from 400 - 700) and even though it was so nice to eat something different, I'm scared of the scale tomorrow. Basically had a bagel with avocado, low cal cheese spread, and 2 small chicken drumsticks all at 800ish. I know it's stupid and irrational to always be fearing the weigh in of the next day like this when it's the big picture that matters, but i really struggle with eating certain foods because i fear them bloating me.

Still, i'm very happy that I haven't gained more than this yet. I was fully expecting to go up 2lbs the day after I broke my fast.

#13 unbothered

unbothered

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts
  • LocationPURGE-atory lmao

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:44 AM

Dude, very inspiring! Good job, and good job on your refeed, good luck on your next goal!!!

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk
  • DIETTEARS likes this

tumblr_opp1j1Iqsw1ukpeoio7_400.giftumblr_opp1j1Iqsw1ukpeoio5_400.gif

2f995fe63250d0d2a7767b23110d82c9.gif

#14 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 13 May 2020 - 04:56 AM

Day 4 after Completion, Wednesday.

Weight: 194

1 pound gain. Trying not to freak out over it but it's hard. I'm gonna eat the same as I ate yesterday, plus some noodles, just trusting the process and riding this out. The most important part of this week is that I do not binge to be honest, that would be the biggest setback. I've definitely had the urge now and then but I'm managing to fight it for the most part.

#15 Neverland_

Neverland_

Never grow up

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13992 posts

Posted 13 May 2020 - 07:14 AM

This is so motivating! I'm 41 hours into a 180 hour fast right now and so far I've lost 2.2lbs. Can't wait to see my own results once I finish. Thank you for documenting this!

• DIETTEARS likes this

#16 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:45 AM

Day 5 after Completion, Thursday.

Weight: 195.8 

1.8 pound gain. My rational brain says "you've been drinking a lot of water, you haven't had a BM yet, this is water weight." My irrational brain says.... well I'm sure you can guess. Seems my appetite has now finally returned with a vengeance; it's taking all of my willpower not to eat everything in my house. Ngl it feels like I am letting myself and everyone following these threads down when I gain weight but, I'm eating right, i'm doing everything I can to not start binging, I just have to wait this out.

#17 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 May 2020 - 04:15 PM

Day 6 after Completion, Friday.

Weight: N/A

I had a really tough day yesterday. Kept to my cal limit but mentally every day this week has felt like a binge even though it hasn't been. Because of that I decided not to weigh in this morning, I'll finish the thread with the final result tomorrow though.

#18 DIETTEARS

DIETTEARS

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 May 2020 - 02:18 PM

Day 7 after Completion, Saturday.

Weight: 196

Oops, I forgot to finish up the thread. But yeah, 1 week after finishing I weighed in 2.2lbs higher. Which isn't a problem, but what is bugging me now (as of writing this, three days later) is that due entirely to my own failings, I've also triggered a huge three day binge episode and gained back literally everything I lost PLUS more. 

I'd have to say that because of this, I really don't think I will be doing a week long fast again any time soon and would advise anyone else who suffers with BED as their primary disorder to be EXTREMELY cautious if you consider doing this. It has thrown off my weight loss rhythm a lot and I don't consider it to be worth it; if I had just restricted at 500 the way I usually do over these past two weeks, I could have probably lost more weight. The fast worked well for shifting a lot of weight in a short period, but as someone who needs to continue losing about 85 lbs more, It's not worth the long term setback.

• weightlesslace and mashunya like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users