Keet tries Optavia - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Keet tries Optavia

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 keeeet

keeeet

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 May 2020 - 10:44 AM

Hey all, I'll be starting the Optavia program this week and figured I'd document the progress and what it entails if anyone was interested in it. 

Some background: I'm usually pretty anti-marketed diets or weight loss programs. For a number of reasons. This has come to be an exception, though, as my mom has been on the program and is doing really well, and I am at a crossroad in my life (again! Weird how that happens when you live in a cycle of binge and restrict). She's currently a coach and I offered to be a client to help her out while trying to gain some semblance of control.

My mental health is doing really poor and it's causing a lot of executive dysfunction and making it generally hard to make meals and keep up with eating healthy. Optavia, as you might be aware, provides 95% of the food you need for an entire month, so I'm using this as an opportunity to work with a program that's really compatible with my lifestyle. 

Is this diet for everyone? Probably not. Is it a pyramid scheme? Probably. Am I desperate? Absolutely.

Forewarning: This program is really expensive. I want to be upfront about that. If you ask anyone from the company they won't tell you until you have a consultation. I'm not about that multi level marketing. You pay for the program and 30+ days of food. You eat one of their products 4 or 5 times a day, and you have a number of servings of lean protein, healthy fats, and vegetables, usually constituted as one meal. It's basically a marketed keto program the really restricts calories.

Soo there's the run down! I start tomorrow and I'll journal along the way. If anyone is curious to follow along, please do, if no one cares that's cool too! 

Let's see if this program is worth all the hype and worth all that money. 

• embrock likes this

days binge free: 3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hw: 285 | lw: 125

910a3e313228209da09c084a683951be.jpg

#2 keeeet

keeeet

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 May 2020 - 11:11 PM

Oh boy.

The very first thing I keep thinking about regarding this whole... thing, is that it is all very much diet food. Everything tastes like protein powder and artificial sweeteners. And that's the basis of the diet: everything has around the same macros, including high protein low carb. There is no way to eat this food and pretend you're not on a diet or that you're eating the real versions. One cool feature is that all of the food includes probiotics, which is a helpful aid to keep digestion healthy while packing in whey and soy protein solids loll

Hopefully as I keep going through the week I'll find better things, but here's how my first 5 went rounding out the day at 540 cals. DISCLAIMER: I'm not properly following the program by omitting the iconic ~lean and green~ meal, which would add 400 calories. I'm struggling with the whole eating more than once a day thing, so I couldn't bring myself to eat AGAIN for a sixth time let alone a proper meal. 

I'll add any weight changes tomorrow and hopefully eating so often doesn't trigger old habits. In six more days I'll decide if I want to stick with it for a whole month, but so far I'm not sold. 

• embrock likes this

days binge free: 3

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxXxxooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

hw: 285 | lw: 125

910a3e313228209da09c084a683951be.jpg

#3 embrock

embrock

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Locationeast coast, US

Posted 19 May 2020 - 08:20 AM

Are you still doing this?  I am looking for an update.   I have lost almost 70 pounds and have reached desperation level so I ordered it yesterday.  I, too, hate MLM shit.

weight.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users