(modified) hsgd diary - Page 3 - Skinny Girl Diet - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

(modified) hsgd diary

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • LocationSmoky Mountains

Posted 01 June 2020 - 06:22 PM

Monday (Day 23)

Dinner- yellow potatoes with hot sauce

Total- ~560

Almost immediately after my last post, I was struck with the impulse to do yard work. After that, I decided I needed to make today a mono and went with potatoes. A little under 500g of yellow potatoes filled me up, so for the rest of the night I'm going to drink tea and go to bed early. Maybe tomorrow will be a mono day, too, probably eggs or apples. 

28F. Receptionist. Dog mom. 

Accountability

giphy.gif

#42 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 01 June 2020 - 08:09 PM

Today was a surprise purge day, too. Started feeling so awful shortly after eating, full on nausea and chills. Went and threw up and feel a bit better now. Won't be trying another mono like that ever again lol.

Accountability

giphy.gif

#43 AmethystAna

AmethystAna

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3725 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:16 PM

Why are monos so weird like that? Seriously, so many people I know have such violent reactions to them.

146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137

136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 

128 127 126 125 124 123

122 121 120 119 118 

117 116 115 114

113 112 111 

Gluten free-veg*n accountability

#44 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 05:24 PM

Why are monos so weird like that? Seriously, so many people I know have such violent reactions to them.

I have no idea. The last mono I did before that one was eggs and I felt amazing the whole time and dropped four pounds of water weight in one day. 

Accountability

giphy.gif

#45 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:03 AM

I'm back!

Accountability

giphy.gif

#46 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 09:43 AM

So, a lot has happened since I stopped posting here. I've neither gained nor lost, but I did basically stop trying. I was doing weights two or three times per week and not restricting and tracking as much. 

Then I got a job. I never have to carry another serving tray again because I've entered the medical field as a receptionist for one of the largest eye care providers in the state! I have a Monday through Friday, 8-5 job with paid holidays and full medical, vision, and dental coverage (after 90 days). I know receptionist doesn't sound very powerful or ambitious, but all I've ever wanted is a steady, straightforward position where I know what I'm in for everyday and won't get worked to death. There are also opportunities for other positions down the line like ophthalmic technician. I don't really care about that right now because I'm just still so thrilled with my schedule and the nature of my work. 

Tomorrow is the beginning of my third week in the office and I've been receiving positive feedback from some of my coworkers and my immediate supervisor. There was a bit of bitchiness regarding my clothes on Thursday morning from some of the older women that I overheard (I don't have my scrubs yet) and it got me pretty upset. I've been wearing sweaters and long button down shirts with leggings and flats, which is the best I can do and assure you I looked appropriate. I'd been told in orientation that this would happen, but was surprised it was so soon and about something that literally has nothing to do with anything. It was kind of funny, one of them turned the corner and saw me at the front desk and loudly exclaims, "Good morning, KAT!" like to let the other woman know I was there. I didn't say anything to them, but my face certainly did. I told my supervisor about it and arranged to go get my uniforms ordered. She made me feel a lot better about it and said as long as I have clothes on my body and don't smell bad, she doesn't care at all. Still, when I ordered my uniforms, I paid out of pocket for an extra set I could wear while I wait for them to come in because unfortunately, the comments really did affect me.

I've forgotten what it's like to work with so many women. It was a bracing reminder for me to stay on my own path.

Accountability

giphy.gif

#47 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 10:14 AM

On a very positive note, I went to my very first yoga class. The local studio is five minutes away from the office and they're offering both online and outdoor classes. My internet is too slow and my dogs too disruptive for me to join the online sessions, but outdoor yoga sounded amazing so on a whim I signed up for the Saturday morning class. 

Now get this.

The class took place on the huge wraparound porch of an old farmhouse that's used as a women's history museum, next to a walking park. I'll have to find some natural bug repellent because the mosquitoes were nearly awful, but other than that it was amazing. When I had been doing yoga at home last year, my sessions were less than half an hour, so an hour long class was a lot more strenuous than I had anticipated. Still, I kept up very well and didn't have much trouble with the poses. I sweat SO MUCH. 

I felt really weird about a half hour after it ended, like I was going to pass out, but felt better once I ate. I'll have to make sure I eat something before and after. There's another class this Wednesday night, so I'll change and go straight after work. 

Anyway, the point of all that is that it really inspired me and maybe triggered me a little. The instructor was this cute, petite, dark-haired woman around my age. She just kind of glowed. And her physique was so compact and fit, I envied it immediately. She had none of the willowy slimness you see a lot in yoga people, but like a solid, earthy strength. She talked about spending the week at her other job teaching kids outdoor skills at a day camp an hour away and I just kind of crushed on her. 

If I can make it to two or three classes a week and do some yoga at home on the rest of the days, I can definitely see myself achieving the goals I have for my body. I'm toying with the idea of getting up at 5am everyday so that I have enough time to do yoga, have a coffee, plan out my meals for the day, scroll reddit. Just get myself woken up and accomplish something rather than just get up and head to work. Once I get home, I last maybe two hours hanging out with my bf and my dogs before turning in, there's no way I want to try doing anything constructive. 

So, yeah. Job. Yoga. Those are two of the three changes happening in my life.

Accountability

giphy.gif

#48 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 10:24 AM

I feel I should mention my other big stressor right now. On the day I got my new job, I also got us a house to rent. They're working on replacing the carpets and fixing some problems with the floors, but we can move in this week.

My boyfriend being off work still because of covid means I will have very little to do with the actual moving process. We're getting a storage unit and a lot of our stuff is going in there, so I don't need to worry about going through everything. 

Having a new job and moving at the same time is not something I've ever been through, but I'm choosing to be excited about it. When we first moved into this house, I wasn't overly thrilled, but I grew to love it. This is the best house we've ever lived in, up in the trees, overlooking a lake, literally on the side of a cliff. I've enjoyed it immensely. The new place is on a campground, but it's comparably quiet and the backyard is mostly private. I'll absolutely miss this place, but I'm reminding myself that it isn't perfect and that even if we were in a position to buy, we wouldn't have chosen this house. It is just simply time to move on.

Accountability

giphy.gif

#49 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 July 2020 - 10:35 AM

And now, because so much is changing in my life, I return to my favorite way of coping.

Once again, I'm not planning to follow the hsgd strictly. Too many rules never works well for long and I don't want this to become my obsession.

I'm just going to focus on consuming mainly whole foods prepared by myself, mostly vegetables and fruits and whole grains, with a little bit of eggs, fish, and poultry. Red meat infrequently for special occasions. Not very much dairy. Tea, coffee, the occasional Coke Zero, and water.

Yoga as frequently as I can manage. 

The calorie budget is a soft goal, with the hard limit being 1200.

Start weight is 162 lbs, 27.2% body fat.

I'm weirdly starting out on the first day of my period, so I'll make it my goal to reach 150 lbs before the start of my next period. Let's go!

Accountability

giphy.gif

#50 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:55 PM

Monday

Breakfast- strawberries, pistachios (169)

Lunch- carrots, broccoli, hummus, hard boiled eggs (247)

Dinner- ahi tuna steak, brussels, quinoa (351)

Snack- ezekiel bread, avocado, lemon outshine bar, medjool dates (387)

Exercise- 1 hour yoga 

Total- 1,154

Accountability

giphy.gif

#51 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:57 PM

Tuesday

Breakfast- almonds, pistachio, dried cherries (304)

Lunch- avocado, ezekiel bread, tomato slices (203)

Dinner- salmon, brussels, quinoa (386)

Snack- sharp cheddar cheese, hard boiled eggs, outshine lemon bar (337)

Total- 1,230

Accountability

giphy.gif

#52 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 01:59 PM

Wednesday

Breakfast- almonds, pistachios, dried cherries (304)

Lunch- avocado, ezekiel bread, tomato slices, cashews, apple (457)

Dinner- eggs, ezekiel bread (353)

Snack- One protein bar (230)

Exercise- 1-hour yoga class

Total- 1,344

Accountability

giphy.gif

#53 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:01 PM

Thursday

Breakfast- hard boiled egg, cashews, medjool dates (381)

Lunch- avocado, ezekiel bread, strawberries (232)

Dinner- salmon, quinoa, carrots, broccoli, chickpeas (384)

Snack- sharp cheddar cheese

Total- 1,108

Accountability

giphy.gif

#54 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:02 PM

Friday

Breakfast- hard boiled eggs, cashews, medjool dates (381)

Lunch- avocado, ezekiel bread, strawberries (232)

Dinner- eggs, ezekiel bread (220)

Snack- sharp cheddar cheese

Total- 914

Accountability

giphy.gif

#55 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 02:40 PM

I've been feeling like I'm not afraid to eat now that I'm so much more active. I'm also just not hungry for garbage anymore.

Yoga has been kicking my ass. I've done four one-hour practices this week and I'm sore all the time, which is exactly what I want. It's nice to see the subtle changes coming from the yoga and diet. This is the first time in a while I've gone the whole week without any soda, including sparkling water and I can see a difference. Eating whole foods, sticking to my macros and focusing on low sodium and high fiber seems to be working for me. 

Last weekend, I was on my period and eating a bunch of salty things, so my beginning weight was 166. This morning, I weighed in at 161. Hopefully by the end of next week I can be comfortably back in the 150s. And then by the end of the month I'm aiming for 152, which is where I was before quarantine began and this weight gain happened. I'm not going to push too hard on the restriction this time around and end up backsliding. I also don't want to become too weak to continue at the level of yoga I'm doing. 

I'll try to remember to use See How You Eat and just post the screenshot everyday. 

Accountability

giphy.gif

#56 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 July 2020 - 04:21 PM

I'm toying with the idea of beginning anew in the main accountability thread, since this has about nothing to do with the HSGD anymore. I'll probably go ahead and start that and post a link later.

Accountability

giphy.gif

#57 Sweet Lime

Sweet Lime

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 04:53 AM

New accountability