Pregnant, high BMI and really really sad - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Pregnant, high BMI and really really sad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Daffodillegs

Daffodillegs

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 12 May 2020 - 10:11 AM

I am 11 weeks and never imagined I would be at a BMI of 35.5, let alone when I was pregnant. 

I got down to 10.5 stone four years ago (that’s probably still huge for loads of you I know but it felt amazing to me). When I got with my boyfriend he didn’t want me to restrict anymore so I stopped and started going to the gym. I was going 5-6 times a week and finally felt like food was balanced. 

two years ago I started a law degree on top of my full time job which was hell on earth and left me with zero time to do anything other than read. I didn’t have time to food shop, let alone go to the gym. I made the decision to leave my job in February to finish the last part of my degree and get myself back down to a healthy weight. But then a close friend was killed in a car crash, I found out I was pregnant and then the pandemic truly hit the UK and I was terrified to go outside. For the last 7 weeks I have only left the house 4 or 5 times, which has not helped my weight at all.

I’m now disgusted with myself and can’t believe that I wasted all my hard work and restricting to end up like this. I have cried a lot today. I feel disgusting and broken and can’t believe that on top of this I still have to finish my law degree which feels pointless given that I will now never become a barrister because of the baby.

sorry for ranting. I am just really broken and sad and can’t find any support groups for pregnant women with high BMIs so I came back here. Any advice for losing weight whilst pregnant is welcome. So far today I have had Greek yoghurt with blueberries and honey for breakfast and some baked beans and cheese on a small ciabatta.

SW - 151.2
HW - 200 (5 years ago, normally was 187 / 190)

NG1 - 147 CW - 146.6 8/6/16
NG2 - 139
NG3 - 132
NG4 - 125

NG5 - 118

#2 Tinybutfierce

Tinybutfierce

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:51 PM

Hey! I'm 19 weeks along and at a higher BMI too. It's tough. I struggle to force myself to eat sometimes but figure it out, ya know? I just try to focus on feeding baby. I don't think about feeding myself, it is feeding baby. I look forward to trying to regain my prepregnancy shape though. I had finally gotten somewhere I wasn't miserable and then husband and I decided to try for #3. Lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users