Low estrogen/Stubborn weight - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Low estrogen/Stubborn weight

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 SilentFlower

SilentFlower

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 11:53 AM

Hi 👋

Posted in anorexica subform and here

I want to know if anyone has low estrogen levels and if this has caused stubborn weight loss? I am restricing and getting in exercise but I am not decreasing in weight on the scale. I end my days of in a deficit and weight out all my food on a scale.
I was wondering if having low estrogen is causing me to not loose weight?

I am also thinking of if I had to go on a mini pill or combi contraception pill to fix low estrogen would it help? oh I also don't get my period naturally, I do get it kn birth control.

I am at a loss of what to do. I get such bad side efforts on the pill. I have been on Yaz, yazmin, qlaria, Minerva and either get migraines, weight gain from sugar cravings or bad depression.

Has anyone gone through this or have thoughts? I know hormones affect weight cause like menopause but come on am I doing something wrong? I am in my early 20's. I am the highest I have been and have a BMI of 20.

Thanks

Accountability Below       
sml_gallery_229386_67321_960.jpg

#2 Velvethips

Velvethips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:20 PM

I will say, I am in the same problem but on a different direction. My estrogen is too high and it's making me gain weight like c-r-a-z-y.

Like, my weight has fluctuated up and down 40 lbs  since Feb. So, in that logic, wouldn't it mean that low estrogen would help you maintain or lose weight? 

I'm starting to find out about hormones and hormone therapy. How some tests don't show a full hormone panel, and that can affect diagnosis. 

You can always start investigating diets that help regulate hormones too. 

If you have the ability to see a Doc for a general check up you can discuss doing a hormone blood lab, 

Hope this helps! 

#3 Glorificus

Glorificus

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts
  • LocationSunnydale, looking for my key

Posted Today, 03:50 AM

The reason women going through menopause often gain weight is due to loss of oestrogen as obviously, they're losing their fertility & there's no more eggs to release every month & then be shed via a period

Even tho you're way off menopause, it might be worth looking into supplements designed for ladies in menopause as they mimic oestrogen & help with symptoms- lots of them involve soya, so be careful if you have an allergy

I'd get checked over by a doctor anyway tho - eating disorders often boot you into peri menopause/menopause at a young age, especially if you've stopped menstruating due to malnutrition. Your body basically goes 'no way can we cope with a pregnancy on these calories, tell the ovaries to clock off work early'. My nana was anorexic & hit menopause in her mid 30's

Another thing to check for is PCOS - most ladies experience weight gain with this, but not necessarily - especially if you're massively restricting your diet
  • coffeemess and Velvethips like this

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************

"Inspired is when you believe you can do anything.

Manic is when you know it"

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

3e4d8e0c0156bf56ae2cdd78926ebd23.giftumblr_miec8sQhIP1qfhzgyo4_r2_250.gif

tumblr_p0tca05c2q1w67ki0o1_r1_500.gif

#4 Velvethips

Velvethips

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted Today, 10:57 AM

The reason women going through menopause often gain weight is due to loss of oestrogen as obviously, they're losing their fertility & there's no more eggs to release every month & then be shed via a period

Even tho you're way off menopause, it might be worth looking into supplements designed for ladies in menopause as they mimic oestrogen & help with symptoms- lots of them involve soya, so be careful if you have an allergy

I'd get checked over by a doctor anyway tho - eating disorders often boot you into peri menopause/menopause at a young age, especially if you've stopped menstruating due to malnutrition. Your body basically goes 'no way can we cope with a pregnancy on these calories, tell the ovaries to clock off work early'. My nana was anorexic & hit menopause in her mid 30's

Another thing to check for is PCOS - most ladies experience weight gain with this, but not necessarily - especially if you're massively restricting your diet

thank you for your input! so informative 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users