Are any of you very into minimal makeup? - Page 2 - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Are any of you very into minimal makeup?

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 rosegoldbones

rosegoldbones

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 07:46 PM

I have to wear makeup for work since I'm a hairstylist/MUA so I like my routine to be 15 minutes or less <3 I do:

- Brows

- Light touches of concealer

- Blush (use a bit as eyeshadow too!)

- Highlighter

- Mascara

- Lip balm

Occasionally I'll do some really natural false lashes or thin liner too <3 I love thinking I'm some kind of glossier ad lmao

tumblr_mwfkdtnx8q1rfjowdo1_500.gif

152 151 150 149 148 147 146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130
129 128 127 126 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116

5'8" 

#22 atomickitty

atomickitty

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1181 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:31 AM

I'm trying to get into it! I think it's soo pretty and the ease of applying it is a plus as well. I love me some bright and colorful glam looks, but the glowy look is just so timeless.

=^● ⋏ ●^=

#23 Chlorophyll

Chlorophyll

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2605 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:34 AM

I usually wear tinted sunscreen, mascara, and lip balm. I used to not be able to leave the house without spending at least an hour on hair and make up, but eventually you realize that lie is fleeting and you're not going to be young forever anyhow. Why bother wasting time on that bullshit?

• WitchyBabe likes this

#24 Crashdiet

Crashdiet

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • Locationlost in thought

Posted 21 May 2020 - 06:19 AM

Yes! Honestly just because I'm lazy and I don't find makeup as fun as I used to. I am, however, very dedicated to my skincare routine because then I don't feel like I need to cover my skin :) On the rare occasion that I'm going somewhere I will use face makeup and eyeshadow, but usually I just fill in my brows, apply mascara and maybe lip gloss. 

#25 cocainemodel

cocainemodel

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1351 posts
  • LocationDouble Scorpio

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:19 AM

I feel pretty when I wear minimal makeup. Mascara, concealer, and sometimes a little bit of highlighter

cw: 105.4 lbs (bmi: 17.0)

#26 troglodyte

troglodyte

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:20 PM

I'm not really into 'no makeup' makeup but I do like using less makeup as it's faster and more comfortable. I don't like corrective makeup, I usually only correct my dark circles and I like making the most out of a few products.

My daily makeup is a bright lipstick and brows. If I'm going out into the city or something, I add some concealer under my eyes, lip liner and mascara. Sometimes I add a little liner and smudge it with a brush.

I always use a silicon based sunscreen or vit c cream topped with regular sunscreen all over my skin! It acts like a primer and gives me a matte effect.

#27 cloudforest

cloudforest

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 09:25 AM

i've always been really interested in makeup, my mom used to buy those old-school urban decay special edition palettes that were like the size of a small textbook nd had like 30 random colors inside

so when the 2015-2016 instagram makeup trends came around (insane highlighter, brows, heavy eye looks) i was all about it lol...even though looking back it really did not suit my face ~BeaUtY~

nowadays i go very minimal, but i still like to have fun with my makeup so i'm typically wearing some type of subtle form of glitter on my eyes as an accent.

my routine is something like this:

-skincare

-spf

-mac fixplus

-bareminerals foundation (and mineral veil if i feel i need the extra spf)

-lightly fill in brows w brow pencil and use colourpop tinted brow gel

-tonymoly panda dream eye brightener (the formula isnt my fav and it took me a while to learn how to use it but i'm using it up bc i cant return it)

-nars creamy concealer if i feel i need extra brightening under eyes/through midface (also not my fav formula but i'm using it)

-either no eyeliner or a gel liner lightly smudged along the lashline, sometimes i do a very muted cat eye liner with this, sometimes i do a liquid liner wing it just depends

-glittery gold shadow stick that i got from japanese brand dollywink like forever ago in inner corner, or i will use a shimmery shade from various palettes

-depending on where im going i will use covergirl waterproof mascara or tarte maneater (not my fav again lol why do i have so much makeup i dont like)

-nars multiple cream stick in orgasm on cheeks/as highlight/on cupids bow (a classic, looks so pretty on literally everyone and is so subtle and natural looking, plus nars' cream formula is the shit, it melts right into your skin)

-mac fixplus again

that seems like a LOT ik but if you could see what my makeup routine used to look like...plus it doesnt look like a lot on the face at all. it's not exactly no-makeup-makeup, but most people wouldn't guess how many products it took to create the look.

also, for anyone who likes glossier-type "natural pretty" brands, there are a lot of kbeauty brands who make more affordable dupes. just something to look into! :)

730.gif
♡ melancholy
27F ♡ 5'9/175cm ♡ hw: 212 ♡ sw: 152 ♡ cw: 139
gw: 135 | gw: 125 | gw: 120 | gw: 110 | ug
w: 99

[ tumblr ]
830.gif

#28 tahiniii

tahiniii

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1416 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:53 PM

I literally have the most minimalistic boring makeup routine lol

Everyday I put on YSL Faux Cils Volume mascara and Nivea Milk & Honey lip balm

That’s it

My skin care/body care/hair care routine is like off the charts insane, I have multiple serums and moisturizers, different masks, essential oils, supplements and electronic devices for it.

Edit: not to even mention my incredibly expensive perfume obsession

#29 Bluefingered

Bluefingered

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2865 posts
  • LocationLarder in a London flat

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:26 PM

i only cover my undereye circles. too lazy for anything else. if i didn't have purple circles under my eyes i wouldn't do that either

SPRING / SUMMER 

end of february gw: 51kg/112lbs (bmi 19.4) ✓

end of march gw: 49kg/108lbs (bmi 18.9) ✓

end of april gw: 47kg/103lbs (bmi 18.1) ✓

end of may gw: 45kg/99lbs (bmi 17.3) 

end of june gw: 43kg/94lbs (bmi 16.5) 

end of july gw: 41kg/90lbs (bmi 15.8) ✓ 

end of august gw: 40kg/88lbs (bmi 15.4) ✓ 

AUTUMN / WINTER

40kg/88lbs (bmi 15.4)

lw: 37kg/82lbs (bmi 14.4)

hw: 54kg/120lbs (bmi 21)

height: 161cm

Spoiler

Spoiler

#30 Heisenbυrg

Heisenbυrg

Lord Heisenburg

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 64712 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

I wish lol maybe one day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a youtube channel too!

subscribe if ya want

(going to upload videos soon!.. more ed content and random shit)

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

"Heis,
You are you,
Perfection and goals,
How I long to see you be whole" - S'mores

#31 Heisenbυrg

Heisenbυrg

Lord Heisenburg

• Accountability access
  • 64712 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

Posted 27 May 2020 - 05:33 PM

I don't really wear any makeup. I just wear sunscreen and lip balm, and maybe some lip tint/lipstick.

You must have good skin then!

I have a youtube channel too!

subscribe if ya want

(going to upload videos soon!.. more ed content and random shit)

https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

"Heis,
You are you,
Perfection and goals,
How I long to see you be whole" - S'mores

#32 g.lina

g.lina

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1182 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 07:25 PM

You must have good skin then!

Super dry skin lmao and my mom forbids me from cosmetics so I dun have a choice

158cm/CW 40.4 kg/UGW 36kg

SW: 42kg

HW: 46-47kg 

LW: 38kg

GW1: 39kg

GW2: 37.5kg

UGW: 36kg

All I'll say is

Height

Bones

Grades

Math

If I can't have these what's the point of living? 

No more restriction, no more ED. Just trying to live and forget about ever having an ED. 

#33 BotanicPanic

BotanicPanic

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 12:33 PM

Yes!!! I either do no makeup or just a little highlighter, blush, blush as eyeshadow lol, and mascara

HW-138

LW-108

CW-127

GW1-125 

GW2-118 

GW3-114 

GW4-110

UGW-107

UGW2-Ripped and strong af

#34 MmeFate

MmeFate

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth

Posted 28 May 2020 - 03:19 PM

This is me too :) I know it's personal choice and to me I feel more authentic and relaxed without wearing much or any at all

Make up if I bother at all....

-Nyx eyebrow pencil (naturally applied, just lightly fill in couple gaps that are sparser)

-Lip balm

-Nyx concealor (for odd zit and under eye circles)

For face, I use CeraVe facial cleanser, lotion and zinc oxide sunscreen (some Amazon brand). Sometimes I'll splurge on a fancy Sephora cream... trying First Aid Beauty BarrierAIR and a collagen night cream sample right now which I'm enjoying

• Butt-head likes this

One day you'll walk the world and keep in mind
The heart you've been given in winter time
And through the bitter cold, with opened eyes
You'll find the strength to fight and stand upright

#35 Butt-head

Butt-head

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1006 posts
  • LocationMaxi-Mart

Posted 28 May 2020 - 11:26 PM

yeah definitely. Makeup makes my skin patchy and uneven. I've been using skin peels to help the blemishes and its going well. I also use castor oil on my eyebrows and lashes so I don't even need to fill them in if I don't want to. Not to sound conceded, but I know I'm a pretty girl. I think all girls are pretty and shouldn't feel the need to wear makeup .

giphy.gif

#36 The Flower of Carnage

The Flower of Carnage

NAIGHT BUS

• Accountability access
  • 11327 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:58 AM

Yup. I used to do the whole full face beat for years and now I just cant give a shit.

My minimal makeup consists of primer, BB glow cream, concealer, powder, brow pencil/powder, fibre brow gel, mascara, bronzer and lipstick

Tᴀʟ | 25 |Aᴜsᴛʀᴀʟɪᴀ

Lowest BMI: 10.9

Highest BMI: 20+

Current BMI: 12's

d5cppi3-b97d47c2-8a5b-45ad-bde8-8434b57a

ask me stuff

insta

accountability/pics

#37 NLP

NLP

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1945 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 06:32 AM

I LOVE makeup, I have tons and never wear it coz I don't want to draw attention to the rest of my body

Also Im crap at applying it, look like a badly painted drag queen, how I envy the girls and boys who can slap it on and own it

Me,,, mascara and brows to face the world

Functioning dysfunctionally

♡    ♡  

#38 Agiovanni

Agiovanni

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 09:43 PM

Me ME ME, I feel you, I think I look WAY uglier with makeup. I think it accentuates my flaws and looks so fake and bazaar. I never wear makeup, I know I’m ugly and nothing can cover it up or make it better. Because it is what it is I can’t change genes

#39 ClumsyCat

ClumsyCat

Advanced Guru

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 12:36 AM

I do.. I don't really get the purpose of most make up products. Anything that doesn't go on the eyes or lips, seems pointless to me.
I only wear eyeliner... Sometimes mascara too but my lashes are almost inexistent so it's barely noticeable if i wear it, so i usually don't. I'd like to try fake lashes someday.

#40 Ebi

Ebi

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:50 PM

Face cream with spf
Concealer (always and forever)
A liiiittle eyeliner
No mascara or brow stuff(very bad for the eyelashes, and i have very long eyelashes it just makes them sticky, my eyebrows are full as well)
Sometimes blush when i feel cute haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users