Glucomannan/Konjac Fiber Pills - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Glucomannan/Konjac Fiber Pills

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Candystarfish

Candystarfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:00 AM

So, I have this bottle of Glucomannan fiber pills. I know they help with hunger pains and make me feel full for at least an hour or two.

Question is, do they break a fast? They only have 5 calories per serving but they totally swell up and fill your stomach when you drink water. Half my head says they don't break a fast bc theres no nutritional value and they pass through you. The other half of my head says they do bc they fill your sleep up temporarily.

Anyone want to weigh in with their opinion? Talk me into/out of taking them?

Height: 5'8" HW: 165 lbs. LW: 115 lbs. CW: 165 lbs. GW: 108 lbs.

Relapse, keto, restriction.

#2 Turnedinsideout

Turnedinsideout

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:32 AM

I would recommend real food, solely because those might make you full but it doesn't have any nutrients. And I'm sure your body is craving some nutrients after fasting. But it depends how you're feeling.

• Candystarfish likes this

Height: 167cm HW: 62kg CW: 56kg GW: 45kg

#3 Cherryjuice

Cherryjuice

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 949 posts

Posted 17 May 2020 - 05:51 AM

The topic of "what truly breaks your fast" is quite complicated anyways and people will have different opinions about it.

Everything has calories. Every supplement or medication pill. Tooth paste..coffee..tea..."zero-calorie" beverages etc. you name it.

I took the same fiber pills when I was fasting and for me it didn't break a fast. I also drink coffee and tea and need to take meds so TECHNICALLY they'd add up to like 30 calories a day but it doesn't matter to me. It's not influencing my fasted state so idc. If I were you, I would just continue if it helps.

• Candystarfish likes this

#4 Candystarfish

Candystarfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:09 AM

I would recommend real food, solely because those might make you full but it doesn't have any nutrients. And I'm sure your body is craving some nutrients after fasting. But it depends how you're feeling.

I appreciate the insight. I'm really gunning for a 7 day fast since it's been so long since I could fast but I woke up super early bc I'm hungry lol I think I'm going to take them and see how I feel after a few glasses of water.

#5 Candystarfish

Candystarfish

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 May 2020 - 06:12 AM

The topic of "what truly breaks your fast" is quite complicated anyways and people will have different opinions about it.
Everything has calories. Every supplement or medication pill. Tooth paste..coffee..tea..."zero-calorie" beverages etc. you name it.
I took the same fiber pills when I was fasting and for me it didn't break a fast. I also drink coffee and tea and need to take meds so TECHNICALLY they'd add up to like 30 calories a day but it doesn't matter to me. It's not influencing my fasted state so idc. If I were you, I would just continue if it helps.

Yeah, I know that my tea and coffee and stuff have some calories. The thing that was tripping me up was the fact that it expands in my stomach. I am aware that makes no sense but that's what we're here for, right? lol

I think I am going to take them and a few glasses of water and see how I feel. I need to stop being so all or nothing. Thanks for replying!

#6 GirlsWithoutShadows

GirlsWithoutShadows

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationMagical Land of Oz

Posted 31 May 2020 - 01:42 PM

Yeah, I know that my tea and coffee and stuff have some calories. The thing that was tripping me up was the fact that it expands in my stomach. I am aware that makes no sense but that's what we're here for, right? lol
I think I am going to take them and a few glasses of water and see how I feel. I need to stop being so all or nothing. Thanks for replying!

Do you mind if I ask what particular brand you are using? (There are so many out there and I’m indecisive about which ones to get).
oneday

HW: 132    CW: 123.6    GW #1: 118    GW #2: 111    UGW: ???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users