How long should I let my thigh heal? (I think I pulled a muscle) - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How long should I let my thigh heal? (I think I pulled a muscle)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DontTakeMeForPomegranted

DontTakeMeForPomegranted

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  • LocationNew York, NY

Posted 18 May 2020 - 07:16 PM

I don't know what it is, but every time I have found my rhythm with exercise, I get injured somehow

I've been jogging/running on the treadmill in my house since January, even before quarantine, but when quarantine started I upped my weekly exercise

I went from 3 days a week to 5/6 days a week of 45-minute cardio to an hour, and I was feeling fine!

And then yesterday I was stretching after I did 7 km (4.34 miles), and I felt a muscle pull in my thigh

I took a shower and rested my leg for the afternoon, and put ice on it and everything

It felt a little better when I woke up today, but if yesterday I was at 80% pain, today it's still 30/40%

I get really antsy when I am not allowed to exercise, so I was thinking of going back on the treadmill tomorrow,

but now that I think of it, I don't want my thigh to get worse and prevent me from exercising even longer

How long should I apply ice/try not to do cardio?

(Also, can I walk on the treadmill even if I am like this? Or is even that not allowed?)

So leave me in the cold

Wait until the snow covers me up
So I cannot move
So I'm just embedded in the frost
Then leave me in the rain
Wait until my clothes cling to my frame
Wipe away your tear stains
Thought you said you didn't feel pain

Your head is so numb

That nervous breath you try to hide
Between the motions
That trembling tender little sigh

giphy.gif

BMI current: 20.8

SW: 64kg

CW: 58.8kg

gw a: 59.9 kg

gw b: 58.9 kg

gw c: 58.4 kg

gw d: 56.6 kg

gw e: 55.6 kg

gw f: 54.4 kg

gw g: 52.8 kg

June 5th, 2020: I've lost 3kg(!) weight loss has been slow but finally getting somewhere

Hoping to lose another 5 kg now that weight loss is easier without birth control

June 23rd, 2020: I've been plateauing on this weight, just when I thought I was making progress

July 8th, 2020: Currently on a low-carb/high-protein diet

July 27th, 2020: I've lost a total of more than 5kg,

and I am definitely losing weight faster with a low-carb/high-protein diet

.trying to recover.

uhhh not anymore

I'm not sure honestly

#2 lilly11

lilly11

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:33 PM

Try a week, stretch gently, when you start feeling pain, stop going further and maintain for 30 seconds. 

Sometimes pulled muscles can take more than a month to recover. So be patient.

I had a really bad pulled muscle because of my coach and it took a long time to heal. Not to discourage you! And keep with the ice everyday! 

• DontTakeMeForPomegranted likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users