I see from the recent posts, I'm not alone - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I see from the recent posts, I'm not alone

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGulfport, Mississippi

Posted 19 May 2020 - 12:44 AM

I'm due in September, this is my third baby. The largest I've ever been is 183, which was an hr before I gave birth to my first born (I gained 40+ lbs, with my first) I got on the scale yesterday, and wanted to die. It says I'm 190. I've been trying my hardest to eat 3 meals a day, and staying away from dieting stuff has been hard, so has not working out. I'm high risk, so my obgyn told me I can't workout. I've been avoiding mirrors and avoiding purposely triggering myself. Today my fat ass husband decided to declare to my family, who were visiting. That I can't keep food out of my mouth, and I've been eating none stop. And pointed at the food I was opening for my three yr old, saying "here she goes again"
Even if I WASN'T pregnant, and just fat because I wanted to be. my bmi is much LOWER than his. Before the went to bed he had to tell me about how he is restricting and eating one meal, and one snack a day. He told me he is trying to drop 30+ lbs before our daughter is born.
I don't know if he is just an asshole, stupid, or both. I feel like he is rubbing my weight gain in my face... My mother thought I weighed 185, I legit almost cried. I didn't tell her I weigh more.
I'm trying to manage, and I'm not doing the best.
By the end of this pregnancy will I be 200 lbs?!? When I was 12 yrs old, I told myself if I ever got to 200 I'd kill myself, because Ive failed as a human. I legit couldn't wrap my mind around how people managed to get that big. Here I am, the person I feared.

#2 GreyThoughts

GreyThoughts

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2110 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:11 AM

That was very rude of your husband.
You’re carrying his child ffs.
I’m sorry you have to deal with that.
  • AVintagePaperDoll likes this

Spoiler

~ Gun to my head and you know you can’t help me ~

#3 TwiggyBow

TwiggyBow

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 20 May 2020 - 05:13 PM

That is so extremely insensitive of your husband and I want to go off on him for you. Has he been to any of your appointments with high risk doctors to understand your restrictions? I’m sure your doctor would be happy to chew him a new one for his attitude.

There are real medical reasons for the way you are eating and it’s very brave of you to listen to your doctors over the ED voice. The last thing he should be doing is echoing that voice!

Please please remember that even if you hit 200, YOU will not be 200 lbs. You and an ENTIRE other person, plus a 1-2lb placenta, 7ish lbs of nutrient stores (this includes fat, baby needs it) for that entire other person, 4+lbs increased blood volume, 4+lbs amniotic And other fluid, 2+ lbs breast tissue and 2 lbs uterus.

Passive aggressive me would respond with a huge eye roll and drip sarcasm...“Yeah, what the hell am I thinking listening to my high risk doctor and trying to protect this baby, I should totally eat less because you think I’m a fat ass.” Shame his ass in front of the family. Damn, I’m mad for you. Def remind him when he doesn’t lose the 30+ lbs by the time baby is here about what he said.
  • Kittymama, etrox318, Defygravity425 and 1 other like this

#4 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 10:53 PM

Thanks everyone.
With the pandemic, they aren't allowing anyone in the doctor's office with you right now. Before hand he went to my first appointment with me, but sat in the car

#5 Kittymama

Kittymama

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 559 posts
  • LocationOn my knees praying to the porcelain goddess

Posted 21 May 2020 - 07:20 PM

I feel you hun I really do. This is my 3rd also. It's like the 3rd one really gets you. I have 13 days left and it's unbearable. It's hard because you have to eat for the baby or feel guilty. And then if you do eat you feel guilty.
My husband acts the same way. Saying the stairs are crying under me and stuff. Ppl can be so insensitive.
This is a really crappy time to be pregnant. You aren't alone. I feel horrible too. Hopefully we can lose this all quickly. ♥️♥️

#6 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 02:16 AM

13 days, your so close to the end. I have another 3 months and Yas! Quickly is always the plan, I already bought some home workout videos (and books) in preparation for postpartum

#7 trippinatthebeach__

trippinatthebeach__

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:10 PM

I'm a little late to the topic but during my pregnancy I ended up losing a lot of weight because I was told I had gestational diabetes. I started stuffing myself with mostly raw fruits and veggies first, and then I'd eat like other carbs if I still wanted them, but i'd be pretty full from the water content I think in the produce so I wouldn't snack as much on the bad stuff. It helped a lot. I started my pregnancy at 246ish and by the time I gave birth, I was 190. 

31 | 5'3"

starting at 246

ultimate goal 100-104

#8 Kermitleggs

Kermitleggs

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1326 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:50 PM

Thank God, I'm not the only one....I found out I was pregnant in April also with my third one...I have no idea how far along I actually am 3-4 months? I have no idea how much I weigh - bf won't let me keep a scale in the house...I honestly thought about not keeping the baby because I didn't want to go through the weight gain...but I'm keeping it.  Going to the doc soon to find out everything ... anyone can PM me anytime... we'll lose the weight, we'll all lose the weight ....it's going to be okay

• Kittymama and AVintagePaperDoll like this
FB IMG 1590415134584

New accountability 
https://www.myproana...-my-vent-space/

And this is why I'm not skinny anymore:

https://www.myproana...9069-food-dump/

#9 WannaBHappy

WannaBHappy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 10:06 AM

I had weightloss surgery and I'm with pregnancy #2. I haven't hit my goal weight. So far I'm maintaining my weight
STARTING BMI:51.2
CURRENT BMI:34.5
GOAL:Happy

#10 MrsN

MrsN

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 July 2020 - 06:43 AM

I've just discovered that I'm 3/4 weeks pregnant. Struggling to ignore the urge to keep restricting and really want to compensate for future weight gain. I know it's not good for the baby and I honestly thought I'd be so motivated to get my sh*t together but I'm stuck x

height: 5.6ft    highest weight:9st/126lbs   lowest weight:5st 12/ 82lbs   current weight: 7.7st/105lbs     goal weight: 7st/98lbs 

#11 stickwitch

stickwitch

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 564 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 30 July 2020 - 08:19 AM

I've just discovered that I'm 3/4 weeks pregnant. Struggling to ignore the urge to keep restricting and really want to compensate for future weight gain. I know it's not good for the baby and I honestly thought I'd be so motivated to get my sh*t together but I'm stuck x

I made sure I only gained 15lbs my second pregnancy and came out 10 lbs lighter than I was when I got pregnant by 6 weeks pp with breastfeeding. All was well. 
My first pregnancy I gained 60 lbs and it took 6 months to get it off and my mental health took a large toll for letting that happen to myself. BUT that was like marathon binge eating and completely giving up. Not having a job and laying around and eating two large pizzas in one sitting, never moving.
This pregnancy (27 weeks) I've already gained 25 and am now watching what I eat and walking a lot, but all will be well. 

#12 Kermitleggs

Kermitleggs

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1326 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2020 - 06:01 PM

i read 1st trimester you should be eating 1800 a day

second is 2200 and third is 2400...which obviously seems like an impossible amount 

i try to aim for 2000 a day (some days i fall short) but i definitely keep track of everything i eat and try to eat super healthy

i gained a lot fast in the beginning because it was quarantine and i wasn't leaving the house and just eating whatever i wanted

started eating healthy and exercising i feel much better and less gianormous 

FB IMG 1590415134584

New accountability 
https://www.myproana...-my-vent-space/

And this is why I'm not skinny anymore:

https://www.myproana...9069-food-dump/

#13 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 01 August 2020 - 11:35 PM

7 weeks left everyone! I did gain and now I'm 200 lbs 😞 but I haven't gained in over a month which is promising. My whole body is sore, I can barely walk these days because the ligament pain is so intense. I can't wait until my daughter is here, I'll be able to finally make a accountability thread, loose the weight and walk again 😌 also a little bit of an update on my husband, he has only lost 10 of the promised 30 lbs he wanted to loose so far. I may be petty, but he is still the fat one 😝
  • Kermitleggs likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users