Irrational fear foods- arfid or anorexia related? - ARFID - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Irrational fear foods- arfid or anorexia related?

1 reply to this topic

#1 TilliLily

TilliLily

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2128 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:03 PM

So I have atypical an but recently I've been wondering if I might have arfid as well bc I have been a picky eater forever and my fear foods are so irrational and most of them don't even have to do with calories. They could be 0 calories and I still wouldn't touch them. 

Can someone clarify the difference? ty

#2 Emoka SKINi'mIN

Emoka SKINi'mIN

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 December 2020 - 05:54 PM

My main thing is texture and smell and experiences. Eventhough i love to walk on cruchy leaves or hear people eat crunchy food, the sensation of crunchy vegetables is so bad for me, its crunchy but its still some how watery. I dont like that. I also don't eat any fruits.Or ive almost chocked on a cocktail tomato because my mom was trying to force my pickiness out of me for a while. I remember chocking. Also my bestfriend's family loves tomatoes with so much salt the juice comes out onto the plate. :P so i hate tomatoes but had to get over it in other forms like soup or sauce cause its in so many things i had to eat at the camp i was at during summers. Now i work and help out at that camp and even if i dknt like something or i absolutely hate it all try and scrap out pieces i like. Im so fixed on this that im willing to pick out the peas in brassói, a dish with mushy (poutine like) french fries, meat and peas mixed together with a sauce. I love meat though. I also have undiagnosed IBS-D so my food safe heaven holy trinity is potatoes in salty water, toast and dietary biscuits(the kind that wont trigger your GI track). Because my IBS is in close relation with my anxiety i most times resort to this holy trinity. Also my body and uterus has a beef with my blood iron levels so i take supplements for that, not regularly though so the deficiency exasturbates other issues. Love being a woman. 😄 cisf/arfid, possibly BED/20

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users