A stimulant review - Vitamins, Supplements and Nutrition - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

A stimulant review

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 drugrexie69

drugrexie69

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:03 AM

So I just got back from ip several weeks ago. I couldn’t remember my login for awhile but anyways now I do.
So you know me (let’s pretend)- always down for a cheap high. I heard that Benzedrex nasal inhaler things can be used to get what many experience as a decent otc high. Some compare it to mdma and it’s chemically very similar to meth. And ofc my anorexic self is thinking about the appetite suppression aspect of things. So I tried it.
$5 at the grocery store. I pop her open and soak the cotton in a bit of Diet Coke for about six hours to extract the propylhexedrine. The thing is, it contains lavender oil and menthol, so you get that in there too. There are ways of removing it but that involves oil which I would never go anywhere near. Anyways I drink the shit and wait.
The comeup felt really good. I was chilling. Felt energetic yet calm. About an hour in my head starts to hurt. So I take some ibuprofen. Within minutes I fall into a full blown migraine. Long story short I ended up laying on my bathroom floor with a wet towel around my neck for over an hour. I puked several times but I don’t know if it was because of the drug or my migraine (mine are so painful that I throw up, lose hearing- all the good stuff). After well over an hour, the migraine leaves as suddenly as it came.
I was drenched in sweat so I took a shower, which felt nice. My head was still throbbing for a while after that. So I’ve been laying in bed for several hours unable to sleep (obviously, stims) (it’s almost 5am) and all I feel is my heartbeat. And the cottons are still in my garbage can. Every time I catch a whiff of the lavender I wretch.
Before you come at me, I did all my research, I know that I’m stupid, all that. I just don’t really care about myself obviously.

TL;DR: for me Benzedrex was a shitty stim and I will not be doing it again. Would not reccomend, but do what you want.
  • AcetylCoA likes this

#2 AcetylCoA

AcetylCoA

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts
  • LocationBetween the click of the light and the start of the dream

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:30 AM

So I just got back from ip several weeks ago. I couldn’t remember my login for awhile but anyways now I do.
So you know me (let’s pretend)- always down for a cheap high. I heard that Benzedrex nasal inhaler things can be used to get what many experience as a decent otc high. Some compare it to mdma and it’s chemically very similar to meth. And ofc my anorexic self is thinking about the appetite suppression aspect of things. So I tried it.
$5 at the grocery store. I pop her open and soak the cotton in a bit of Diet Coke for about six hours to extract the propylhexedrine. The thing is, it contains lavender oil and menthol, so you get that in there too. There are ways of removing it but that involves oil which I would never go anywhere near. Anyways I drink the shit and wait.
The comeup felt really good. I was chilling. Felt energetic yet calm. About an hour in my head starts to hurt. So I take some ibuprofen. Within minutes I fall into a full blown migraine. Long story short I ended up laying on my bathroom floor with a wet towel around my neck for over an hour. I puked several times but I don’t know if it was because of the drug or my migraine (mine are so painful that I throw up, lose hearing- all the good stuff). After well over an hour, the migraine leaves as suddenly as it came.
I was drenched in sweat so I took a shower, which felt nice. My head was still throbbing for a while after that. So I’ve been laying in bed for several hours unable to sleep (obviously, stims) (it’s almost 5am) and all I feel is my heartbeat. And the cottons are still in my garbage can. Every time I catch a whiff of the lavender I wretch.
Before you come at me, I did all my research, I know that I’m stupid, all that. I just don’t really care about myself obviously.

TL;DR: for me Benzedrex was a shitty stim and I will not be doing it again. Would not reccomend, but do what you want.

Using diet coke to seperate the active ingredient is pretty ingenious!. Forgive my curiosity (mega nerd when it comes to chemistry), but what do you think caused the headache etc? The dose of propylhexedrine or some other active ingredients present along with it?

I'd try this myself as a bit of home chemistry, but Benzedrex is prescription (and I think a controlled drug) here in the UK :(

"I'm drunk, I'm drunk, and you're probably on pills

If we both have the same diseases, it's irrelevant girl"

#3 drugrexie69

drugrexie69

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:55 AM

D

#4 drugrexie69

drugrexie69

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 07:57 AM

Using diet coke to seperate the active ingredient is pretty ingenious!. Forgive my curiosity (mega nerd when it comes to chemistry), but what do you think caused the headache etc? The dose of propylhexedrine or some other active ingredients present along with it?

I'd try this myself as a bit of home chemistry, but Benzedrex is prescription (and I think a controlled drug) here in the UK :(

I really don’t know. I could have been allergic to some other ingredient, or I could have taken too high a dose for my first time (everyone on reddit [lol very reliable ik] said people should generally start with 125mg which is half of what is contained in the cotton, but I took the whole thing since I myself seem to absorb things less efficiently than other people) So it could have been that. It can cause serotonin syndrome but that’s usually if you are taking things like antidepressants, which I stopped taking a month ago, so it couldn’t be that.
Most likely it was the vasoconstriction that stimulants like that cause. I am already prone to migraines so that certainly doesn’t help. But I’m not a scientist or anything so idk.
Most people online touted it as a cheap, decent otc high. I didn’t hear of anyone else experiencing migraines, although in the midst of mine I looked up “benzedrex headache” to see if I was dying or not, and there were a few who seemed to experience something similar.
The formula used to be amphetamine, but at least in the us they changed to the formula to the propylhexedrine bc you know...amphetamine. Maybe it’s still the old formula in the uk?
Also about the Diet Coke, most people use lemon juice because sometimes the carbonation will all that extra somehow causes a lot of discomfort (lavender burps, more nausea and vomiting) but i left it in the container for a while so it was pretty much flat.
  • AcetylCoA likes this

#5 drugrexie69

drugrexie69

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:00 AM

Update: these past couple days I have been losing vision, getting dizzy, etc. every time I stand up. Like worse than in the throes of my ed (I’m not restricting rn because I’m trying to stay out of treatment for at least a few months lol) But I really almost fell down the stairs the other day. It’s gotten better though. Just interesting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users