Knee pain - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Knee pain

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 sicaxx

sicaxx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 May 2020 - 08:52 PM

I get mild knee pain (on both knees) after exercising on stationary bike or hiking.  (usually do 1 hour of either per day +1h muscle training).
The knee pain  probably comes from the pressure on the knees (?), but those are currently my only options for cardio. The tought of not exercising for a few days/lowering the intensety makes me feel anxious. :(

Is there anything i can do to make my knees hurt less?
are there some exericses to make them stronger or smtn ? .. any advices?

#2 lilly11

lilly11

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 07 June 2020 - 10:28 PM

Hi! I suffer from the same problem in both knees. I had to get MRI's and physiotherapy. 

How is it now? Has it improved? When does it hurt? And where? Like for me it hurt like under and sometimes on the side/outer part. It hurts when squatting or even when going down/up the stairs. 

I'm an athlete so exercise is my life. I had to stop.

For now you can put ice on for 20-30 minutes, twice a day, take something for the pain and anti-inflammatory pills. And stretch well, before and after exercising. 

• sicaxx likes this

#3 Once~Effulgent

Once~Effulgent

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 07:18 PM

I sleep with an ice pack on my knees and its a lot better. When I wake up I put cbd cream on them, good luck <3

• sicaxx likes this

➳ ✿❀

~Accountability hungry-not-anymore

➳ ✿❀

#4 sicaxx

sicaxx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:44 PM

Hi! I suffer from the same problem in both knees. I had to get MRI's and physiotherapy. 

How is it now? Has it improved? When does it hurt? And where? Like for me it hurt like under and sometimes on the side/outer part. It hurts when squatting or even when going down/up the stairs. 

I'm an athlete so exercise is my life. I had to stop.

For now you can put ice on for 20-30 minutes, twice a day, take something for the pain and anti-inflammatory pills. And stretch well, before and after exercising. 

Hey! Thank you for your help!

I guess it also hurts me under... like inside knee? Does this make sense. It usually hurts me the most the last 15 minutes of exercise and keeps hurting during the night.  However, recently it comes and goes.. like some days its completly ok to push myself like crazy but some days even  low resistance kills me. 

ill try stretching more.. I never knew stretching could affect knee pain! 

thank you for your kind answers and im sorry to hear you had to stop being an athlete... :/ I wish you all the best!

#5 sicaxx

sicaxx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:47 PM

I sleep with an ice pack on my knees and its a lot better. When I wake up I put cbd cream on them, good luck <3

Thank you! Ill try it out once I get som emoney to invest into the cream! 
Good luck to you too <3

#6 lilly11

lilly11

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts

Posted 18 June 2020 - 10:05 PM

Hey! Thank you for your help!

I guess it also hurts me under... like inside knee? Does this make sense. It usually hurts me the most the last 15 minutes of exercise and keeps hurting during the night.  However, recently it comes and goes.. like some days its completly ok to push myself like crazy but some days even  low resistance kills me. 

ill try stretching more.. I never knew stretching could affect knee pain! 

thank you for your kind answers and im sorry to hear you had to stop being an athlete... :/ I wish you all the best!

I think I understand where it hurts. If it hurts do you do anything? Like pills/massage/ rest/ etc?

It's very important to stretch before and after, even if you don't feel like it. Ever since I was taught that I didn't get pain as often.

I guess I phrased myself wrong. I stopped exercising (it's been 6 months, and now worse with the virus) but I'm not ready to give up. I'm not entirely okay but i'm so much better. The other day I ran 2km and I felt fine. 

Atm I'm struggling with a tense muscle that won't relax... but at least no pain in my knees :) 

hope it improves for you! 
You can message me if you want. I'm not a doctor or anything but I've had injuries for the last 7ish years so I've learnt a thing or 2. 

#7 sicaxx

sicaxx

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:01 AM

I think I understand where it hurts. If it hurts do you do anything? Like pills/massage/ rest/ etc?

It's very important to stretch before and after, even if you don't feel like it. Ever since I was taught that I didn't get pain as often.

I guess I phrased myself wrong. I stopped exercising (it's been 6 months, and now worse with the virus) but I'm not ready to give up. I'm not entirely okay but i'm so much better. The other day I ran 2km and I felt fine. 

Atm I'm struggling with a tense muscle that won't relax... but at least no pain in my knees :)

hope it improves for you! 
You can message me if you want. I'm not a doctor or anything but I've had injuries for the last 7ish years so I've learnt a thing or 2. 

I usually just take a pill and try to forget about it....

Ugh.. I guess i should really do it more. I usually used the foam roller before workout, but i left it in my dorm (another country)... I guess the foam roller wont have much affect on knee anyway ? haha

Ohh.. im gald then! It will get better by time! Im sure of it! <3

Aww thank you, Ill be sure to text you if it keeps bothering me. 

#8 RaeMarie721

RaeMarie721

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:32 PM

Hey! I've had 2 surgeries on the same knee.
-Ice it after working out.
-Try a knee brace. I got a great one from Wal-Mart for $20.
-Stay off it if that's an option. I actually will wrap my knees in ace bandages and use crutches around the house when my knees are really inflamed. I have seen crutches in thrift shops. Avoid buying new if possible cause they're expensive AF.
-Try not to push yourself too hard. If you're hurting, take a break. Knees are not the joints to be messing around with.
-Ace bandages when working out. Not too tight, but the support is super helpful.
-NSAIDs for pain/inflammation.

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

5'8"

ED Sufferer for 20 years. Bulimia from age 8-21. EDNOS now, diagnosed in 2010 with Bulimia and in 2017 with EDNOS. Atypical Anorexic due to 140 pound weight loss.

#fatfuck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users