eating only from garden - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

eating only from garden

vegan

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 juicedup

juicedup

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Locationswamp

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:07 PM

like many, covid has gotten me back into gardening again. i had the idea to restrict to eating only from what i grow in my yard. i don't know if this is reasonable, mostly cause it's difficult to grow a constant supply of food in a small space. also difficult to start-up because of the costs. but i think it could be a good idea. i've already started growing soybeans so i can make tofu & edamame and i'm going to start planting potatoes, corn, tomatoes, cayenne, romaine, etc.

let me know if you guys are thinking of doing this  :)

5'6" , she/they  :wub: 

sw: 173 cw:  166 gw: 115

vegan

#2 Neverland_

Neverland_

Never grow up

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12396 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:08 PM

Sounds awesome!

175cm/5'9

A c c o u n t a b i l i t y

https://www.myproana...-l-i-t-y-175cm/

B o d y  C h e c k s

https://www.myproana...-591kg-gw-47kg/

#3 chessssssy

chessssssy

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3731 posts
  • Locationvomit capital of sweden

Posted 22 May 2020 - 03:11 PM

oh my god that is literally my dream. I currently live in a studio apartment so no garden for me (i do have a balcony tho)

I'm currently growing cocktail tomatoes, picolino cucumbers, arugula and thyme!

im a bulimic with a vomit phobia

giphy.gif

168 cm (5'6)

HW 75 kg (165 lbs)                  

CW 52.1 kg (114.8 lbs)                                     

BMI 18.5

GW 55 kg 50 kg (110 lbs) 

giphy.gif

tumblr_static_4dz20dms0v40cos0ckoc4ck8g.

#4 pieeyedpisces

pieeyedpisces

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • Locationprobably hell

Posted 26 June 2020 - 08:17 PM

i have what most would consider a pretty massive home garden (the enclosure is 25x50 feet) and imo unless you’re doing intensive square foot gardening it’s not sustainable just with how many calories can be produced reliably. i’ve been at it for two months and so far i’ve come away with a dozen zucchini/crook neck squash and like eight snap peas. obviously it’s underway and 90% of what i’ve planted is pre-production but i started it to be supplemental (i currently have mutiple varieties of zucchini/squash, cucumbers, peas, two types of beans, multiple melon varieties, bell peppers, habaneros, four types of tomato, chard, lettuce, rosemary, basil, and sunflowers) just between how much you’re inevitably gonna use your first year from rookie mistakes, bugs and other wildlife, and possibly impacted growing conditions (thanks global warming) especially growing on such a small scale, giant crop farmers can lose whatever percentage of what they grow but if you’re only growing ten plants even losing one is a big impact. this isn’t to say you shouldn’t start a garden because i absolutely encourage everyone to have one (even apartment dwellers can regrow things from cuttings and have windowsill herbs) but also stay realistic with it. plants with a high yield and easy entry include zucchini, winter and yellow crook neck squash, and tomatoes. best of luck 😌

there is no one else left in wide Troy who is gentle or kind to me. they all shudder at me.
like a shadow, i am and i am not.

weight.png

#5 GeorgeCarpenter

GeorgeCarpenter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 17 August 2020 - 11:22 AM

Such vegetables can be very useful for health!

#6 Folterz

Folterz

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2020 - 02:50 PM

I like healthy food but i cant grow it! I don't have time for this..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vegan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users