I need low-kcal vegetarian- lunch-tips! - Vegetarian/Vegan/Raw Food Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

I need low-kcal vegetarian- lunch-tips!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Miriams-reflection

Miriams-reflection

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:02 PM

Hi! :-)

I have been a vegetarian almost all my life, since I was a kid. I'm not a vegan, but I eat vegan food sometimes.

I am going to be honest about this: I hate to cook. Right now I'm going on a diet that workes quite good for me, I just need to change it a little bit.

I need lunches and/or dinner-tips. Nothing to complicated. BUT I AM OUT OF IDEAS.

Wow this became long, sorry.
Any tips are appreciated. :-)

#2 Jacqueline_356

Jacqueline_356

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1115 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 06:28 PM

I'm not vegan but I like a good oatmeal for dinner. I use almond milk so it's vegan anyway.

Also, I love warm beans, just with salt pepper and some oil will do, garlic and more spiced if ya want even more flava. 

• Miriams-reflection likes this

#3 Miriams-reflection

Miriams-reflection

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 24 May 2020 - 04:39 AM

I'm not vegan but I like a good oatmeal for dinner. I use almond milk so it's vegan anyway.
Also, I love warm beans, just with salt pepper and some oil will do, garlic and more spiced if ya want even more flava.

Thank you! :-)
  • Jacqueline_356 likes this

#4 emmy20

emmy20

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:44 AM

Idk what you consider low cal but since I'm a high restrictor my lunch is usually about 300 calories. I usually go for a wrap because I can just fill it up with vegetables and maybe egg or quorn pieces and put hot sauce or a tablespoon of garlic mayo/mayo on top!!

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
  • GirlsWithoutShadows likes this

5"3'

sw 61

cw 60

gw 47

#5 androidgirl

androidgirl

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:50 PM

^ is also my go to. wrap filled with lots of salad and then something to add more substance like a meat alternative (quorn fillets are only 44 cals) or avocado! soo filling

vegetable gyoza with some avocado mixed in rice is favourite dinner of mine

i love caesar salad (i dont add cheese or crutons tho), salad vegetables and quorn chicken are so low cal that i allow myself to have a nice tasting dressing rather than buying the really light ones.

5"5

hw: 196

cw & lw: 133

140 139 138 137 136 135 134 133 132 131 130 

ugw: 112

#6 sillychu

sillychu

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 May 2020 - 07:28 PM

I make a smoothie with unsweetened vanilla oat milk, hemp protein powder, frozen berries, spinach and frozen cauliflower... which sounds really weird but you can't taste it and its a an easy way to get in veg. 

Be Happy :) 

#7 Miriams-reflection

Miriams-reflection

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 26 May 2020 - 04:26 AM

I make a smoothie with unsweetened vanilla oat milk, hemp protein powder, frozen berries, spinach and frozen cauliflower... which sounds really weird but you can't taste it and its a an easy way to get in veg.

Wow that sounds really good! Do you know how many calories a serving off that containes?
Thank you so very much! :-)

#8 sillychu

sillychu

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 26 May 2020 - 10:07 PM

Wow that sounds really good! Do you know how many calories a serving off that containes?
Thank you so very much! :-)

I use about 1 cup oat milk, 1 cup of fruit, 1/2 cup cauliflower, 1 cup of spinach and 2 tbsp of the protein powder (10g protein) so its about 275-300 calories and makes about 2 cups in total!

Be Happy :) 

#9 Nainsi

Nainsi

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3000 posts
  • LocationDissociating

Posted 28 May 2020 - 02:10 PM

Like someone said already, I like myself some oatmeal or also soup (with rice cakes instead of bread). Cup noodles (there are low calorie ones), shirataki noodles or rice with soup, rice cakes with tofu topping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Insta: @brokentinydoll | Accountability

#10 Guest_travellerxx_*

Guest_travellerxx_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2020 - 12:46 PM

the gardien mandarin chicken bites are like 200 calories for a serving of 7 including sauce, so that's my go-to! I also sometimes bake my firm tofu (90 calories) with soy sauce (15), literally just slice it, dip in sauce, and bake for 20 min, and serve this with low cal noodles and miso soup.

also corn. literally corn is so low calorie and so filling.

#11 petitange

petitange

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:23 PM

My fav is making a big veggie/salad bowl. Like 2 cups of romaine or spinach, and then any low carb veggies of choice:
Bell peppers
Cherry tomatoes
Cucumber
Broccoli (steamed)
Cauliflower (steamed)
Mushrooms (sautéed on minimal EVOO)

Make sure the dressing is low cal, best is some combination of lemon, mustard, balsamic, or coconut aminos.

You can literally make a huge portion of this and feel really satisfied, even though it’s still low in calories. You can also toss some baked tofu, tempeh, or edamame for some added protein.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • indicats likes this

#12 albuspercivaldumbledore

albuspercivaldumbledore

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 08:57 AM

I've been making chak chuka. Traded the olive oil for cooking spray. Its just peppers, tomatoes and onions with an egg sunny side up in the middle. Yummy, low cal and filling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users