Question for ppl with naturally curly hair but hate it - Page 2 - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Question for ppl with naturally curly hair but hate it

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 mn23

mn23

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 09:33 AM

i wore my hair natural for a while cause in quarantine i didnt feel like straightening it to go nowhere and see no one, but now that were starting to go back out i use a detangling shampoo, two conditioners one leave in one deep conditioner, and can blow dry and straighten without much frizz. I also use coconut oil to keep it frizz free

#22 kan&will

kan&will

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 06:04 PM

if you’re hair gets frizzy really easily, maybe you have high porosity hair. i don’t know too much about it being that my hair is low porosity so you might want to do research on frizz control for higher porosity hair.

as for how i do my hair, it’s 4b/4c so i usually wear it out in the summer and spring and do protective styles in the winter and fall. rn i have passion twists in but i sometimes do box braids and have been looking into getting a sturdy wig. although when it’s warmer out i just do braid outs and twist outs.

also if you’re hair can take it/ is thick enough i recommend using gels like dax for styles, they have great hold. i know the natural hair community has been opposed to those gels but i find it cheap, convenient, and efficient. it can be hard to wash out after a week though, so keep that in mind, but if you wear it for 2 weeks i find there’s no problem with that

for products i try to keep it simple, i use herbal essences shampoos either the hydrating coconut one or the strengthening honey one and i have an aussie 5 min conditioner i use before washing my hair on wash days then the day after wash day i style my hair using a spray bottle and hold the braid/twist out with dax.

#23 flamingosarecute

flamingosarecute

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationFlorida, US

Posted 11 October 2020 - 08:27 PM

I do keratin treatments every 3 months. When I wash my hair I use a lot of leave in conditioner and then blow dry it with a dryer that's shaped like a brush lol. Idk what they are called, I bought mine from amazon. That straightens it pretty well. My hair is 3c, I think. 

21 || 5'6 || gw:110 cw:125

#24 isthisreality

isthisreality

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 12:01 AM

I have a Brazilian blowout treatment, its been more effective than the relaxers which did nothing for my hair but damage it. It is slowly getting more frizzy, fluffy and curly but even the straightening time is cut in half so for me I feel it's worth the $400 every 12 weeks.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

#25 angeltime

angeltime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 October 2020 - 01:21 PM

i can also advocate for keratin treatments. i have naturally 3a hair but i get a keratin treatment every 2-3 months and it makes my hair look amazing and so manageable. i can't say it makes it completely straight bc my ends still have a sliiiight wave to them, but for the most part my hair looks shiny and straight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users