Do you guys get Botox and/or filler? - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Do you guys get Botox and/or filler?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#1 dirtcandy

dirtcandy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 28 May 2020 - 07:18 AM

I get Botox in my forehead and chin 3x a year. (My dermatologist says chin tox prevents receding chin. I have no idea if this is true-I just heard the phrase ‘receding chin’ and agreed to it). I’ve gotten filler before in cheeks and under eye. I’d definitely do under eye again but I can’t afford to keep up with both filler and tox. I’m 31 y/o

Wondering what you ladies do, if anything?
  • ice blue, Pills.and.Porcelain and DuckyShincracker like this

Accountability: [post='https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4022297-5%E2%80%9975-138-lbs-to-wedding-ready-w-pics/#entry71922361'][/post]

Spoiler

#2 Lilith666

Lilith666

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 29 May 2020 - 11:37 PM

I get Botox around my eyes, on my forehead, and on the “11s.” 

No shame. Haha. I also do chemical peels and whatnot. 

• Pills.and.Porcelain, DuckyShincracker, Elena Dunkle and 1 other like this

#3 dirtcandy

dirtcandy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 964 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 31 May 2020 - 09:08 AM

I get Botox around my eyes, on my forehead, and on the “11s.” 

No shame. Haha. I also do chemical peels and whatnot.

Ohhhh what chemical peels?

Accountability: [post='https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4022297-5%E2%80%9975-138-lbs-to-wedding-ready-w-pics/#entry71922361'][/post]

Spoiler

#4 GirlsWithoutShadows

GirlsWithoutShadows

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
  • LocationMagical Land of Oz

Posted 31 May 2020 - 06:33 PM

I haven’t yet, but want to get Botox in my forehead and for my 1s (I do t have 11’s... just a 1 ) Once this whole covid ordeal is over
  • dirtcandy and sacrosanctmoth like this
oneday

HW: 132    CW: 123.6    GW #1: 118    GW #2: 111    UGW: ???

#5 moomins

moomins

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1755 posts
  • LocationA little farm

Posted 01 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

I've only gotten filler for recessed acne scars, and it did not work. Only made me look like I had horrible lumps on my face for a month 

HHw5Edu.gif

#6 Lilith666

Lilith666

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 01 June 2020 - 12:30 PM

Ohhhh what chemical peels?

Obagi and Vi so far. I am doing a laser consult on Thursday. 

• dirtcandy likes this

#7 dirtcandy

dirtcandy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 964 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:56 PM

I've only gotten filler for recessed acne scars, and it did not work. Only made me look like I had horrible lumps on my face for a month 

Omg that sucks!! I hope they gave you your money back.

Spoiler

#8 dirtcandy

dirtcandy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 964 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 02 June 2020 - 12:57 PM

Obagi and Vi so far. I am doing a laser consult on Thursday. 

Nice! I hope you like it. I want to do laser to get the redness out of my undereye circles

Spoiler

#9 Tofuky

Tofuky

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:53 PM

I get botox injections in my forehead, temples, and shoulders for migraines. It definitely helps with migraines but I don't see any cosmetic difference.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
  • Pills.and.Porcelain and MI82 like this

#10 tutifruitibooti

tutifruitibooti

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 June 2020 - 10:10 PM

not yet but I really want filler for my "11"s - though I don't really have an 11 it's more of a "J" lol. I think it's from not wearing sunglasses and squinting. I wish you could just buy it online and do it yourself lol - I feel intimidated going to a "medical spa" like they're gonna try to sell me a bunch of shit and make me feel bad.

• dirtcandy likes this

Challenges:

Fantasy Challenge (Jan 4 - Feb 28 2021)

Tutifruitibooti's Weight Loss Accountability #2

tumblr_mg295gDqJE1s2n5k4o1_500.gif

145 ---  130 --- 125 124 123 122 121 120 119 118 117 116 115

#11 Inthedollhouse

Inthedollhouse

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 04 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

no but i'd love to. 

#12 onism

onism

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1743 posts
  • Locationaustin

Posted 05 June 2020 - 10:54 AM

No, it wouldn't be a reasonable expense for us.  Maybe when I get a job I can use my income for something like that, but wouldn't use my husband's check for it.  I would love to try fillers, but I really have no wrinkles (probably because I never laugh or smile?) so Botox wouldn't be necessary, I don't think.  Unless there's another reason for Botox that I'm not aware of?

#13 dirtcandy

dirtcandy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 964 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:38 PM

not yet but I really want filler for my "11"s - though I don't really have an 11 it's more of a "J" lol. I think it's from not wearing sunglasses and squinting. I wish you could just buy it online and do it yourself lol - I feel intimidated going to a "medical spa" like they're gonna try to sell me a bunch of shit and make me feel bad.

You can go to your dermatologist to do it. Sometimes they try to up sell you but just be really clear that the 11s are the only thing that bother you. After you say that I find the upsell kind of stops because they’d have to convince you of where you look bad even though you just said you were fine with it
  • tutifruitibooti likes this

Spoiler

#14 dirtcandy

dirtcandy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 964 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 07 June 2020 - 01:40 PM

No, it wouldn't be a reasonable expense for us.  Maybe when I get a job I can use my income for something like that, but wouldn't use my husband's check for it.  I would love to try fillers, but I really have no wrinkles (probably because I never laugh or smile?) so Botox wouldn't be necessary, I don't think.  Unless there's another reason for Botox that I'm not aware of?

I understand..we are a double income house and my partner still considers it an extravagant expense. It totally is but it makes me crazy to not have it...it can supposedly be used for prevention and also to fix a gummy smile. It makes it so your upper lip won’t go above your teeth when you smile (problem I have)
  • onism likes this

Spoiler

#15 fayerz

fayerz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 09:18 PM

Desperately want fillers to fix my undereye bags. That and other spots due the fact im aging prematurely due to multiple illnesses. damn. I can't really afford it right now but ASAP. 

HW: 170

LW: 93

CW: 140

GW: 105

#16 CleverGirl

CleverGirl

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts
  • LocationWInterFell

Posted 30 June 2020 - 02:20 AM

Hey,

So for the last 7 years I get Botox in my forehead, eyebrow raise, crows feet, 11’s (as preventative measures) filler in my cheeks, lips, had under eye filler once (didn’t like it) I also use Tretinion. I get filler maybe twice a year and Botox three times a year. Maybe get jawline filler to sort the old jowls out next :) if you don’t want to go for injectables yet I totally recommend Tret for anti aging - it’s amazing
  • DuckyShincracker likes this
Height 5 f 6
Cw 118
Gw 112
Ugw 110

#17 celeste*

celeste*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:14 PM

I did botox on my frown lines in my late 20s until I met someone who had muscle paralysis from it. I stopped and now I am more mindful about frowning when I am concentrating or in deep thought.

I tried filler bit didn't see a difference. I may need it more later...

I did a few laser treatments for my ance scars and Intracel micro needling was the best for me. It also cleared up my roseacea/redness on my cheeks. I haven't had a flare up since I had the treatment done 7-8 years ago.

I keep up my chemical peels at home with Skinceuticles.

I also went a bit extreme looking for a holistic treatment for my TMJ face pain. I saw a myofascial therapist who taught me how to massage my face, scalp and jaw muscles and I saw another therapist that teachings the mewing techique. I'm hopeful I will have naturally high cheek bones and a defined jaw if I keep it up.
  • sacrosanctmoth likes this

#18 Purple Haze

Purple Haze

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:30 PM

I've had botox before but not filler.  I'd get botox again if I could find someone I really trust, but unfortunately just haven't been 100% there with the two people I've seen.

Filler scares me a little as I have heard it migrates rather than dissolves over time.

Being a beauty therapist, I've tried quite a lot of treatments, but haven't consistently gotten them since having my child and starting to work toward a different career.

• Oh Happy Day likes this

b37.png

#19 Cyclades

Cyclades

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1078 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 23 July 2020 - 01:54 AM

Forehead and my 11s. Need a top up bad though

#20 ang134

ang134

The White Knight

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 61919 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 11:24 AM

I get Botox in my forehead and chin twice a year, love it 

59a4ee1c7337199977745d715dafe9539cc36f55
the land of broken-winged fairies and abandoned lighthouses and misty mirrors and forgotten dreams

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users