Do you guys get Botox and/or filler? - Page 2 - Age 30+ - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Do you guys get Botox and/or filler?

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 offbeatkid

offbeatkid

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 07:30 AM

Just curious, how much does botox for forehead wrinkles cost? and is it uniformly effective, or can you botch forehead botox?

200.gif

"I'm so sick and tired of trying to change your mind when it's so easy to disconnect mine." - Elliott Smith

CW: 125 lbs

GW: 109 lbs

#22 AlarmedRefrigerator

AlarmedRefrigerator

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:07 PM

I go back and forth on it, I just started tret to help with some fine lines but I have nasolabial folds from weight loss and I'm pretty sure only fillers/Botox will help 

5'4" 

CW:  :blink: /GW: 105 (BMI 18) 

Link to accountability

#23 QuestToSkinny

QuestToSkinny

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:27 PM

My place charges $13.50 per unit. I’ve gotten anywhere from 20-70 units. It freezes my wrinkles for a solid 4 months, then they slowly come back. I can do it twice a year and be content, although t last year I went 3 or 4 times. Yes, it can be botched if it’s placed in the incorrect location. Make sure you go to a board certified plastic surgeon (not a derm, a nurse, or anyone else) that administers Botox regularly.
  • dirtcandy likes this

429927_b6f80e860ee44893ab01aafef6b2f46f.

"We've been given the dignity of choice; to become a part of what we could be, or all that we can be."

HW: 140 lbs/ BMI 21.9 ///// LW: 104 lbs/BMI 16.7

CW: 129 lbs/ BMI 20.3 updated 1/22/2020     

GW 1: 125 lbs /BMI 19.5 / Goal met:

GW 2: 120 lbs / BMI 18.8 / Goal met:

** UGW: 115 lbs / BMI 18.0 / Goal met: **

​MyFitnessPal username: QuestToSkinny (diary is public)

#24 Scarlet86

Scarlet86

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 11:07 AM

I never have. But I've considered it.

#25 Morrigan

Morrigan

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7527 posts

Posted 02 August 2020 - 03:41 PM

Just got it last week for the first time into my frown line which I hate. Was super quick and easy. Seeing an effect which is nice but I know it won't completely go away which is frustrating.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
  • dirtcandy and Hendrix like this
6c3402883feb35905f092e2aba0015c3.gif

#26 Oyster.kisses

Oyster.kisses

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • LocationUSA 🇺🇸

Posted 07 August 2020 - 05:56 AM

I do Retin-A treatment from my doctor

https://discord.gg/RcgHap
Discord- Doublezero00#7396
Insta - @amberjeannice

#27 perfect illusion

perfect illusion

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 August 2020 - 07:03 PM

I get both and happy with both

you need to find someone who is really good, I found my injector by some awards/reviews and had a lot of experience

i have had a not so desired look - bad injector and I had to wait for botox to wear off  took 2 months to look More normal ( my eyes had way too much and I looked way too expressionless) 

also filler was done poorly but at least with that they have a substance which can dissolve it if your unhappy which I did

anyway found someone I love and it is so with it, I don’t spend money on expensive creams and would rather spend on Botox which actually makes a difference, I get crows (Au 200$) then cheek filler And under eye which lifts  my face too Au1300$ for 2 years but recently changed to a new filler $700 for 2 years longevity! 

• dirtcandy and Hendrix like this

SW: 60 kgs

CW: 57kgs

GW1: 56 kgs

GW2: 54 kgs

weight.png

#28 dirtcandy

dirtcandy

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:17 AM

Just got it last week for the first time into my frown line which I hate. Was super quick and easy. Seeing an effect which is nice but I know it won't completely go away which is frustrating.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

you got filler in your frown line? or tox?

Accountability: [post='https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4022297-5%E2%80%9975-138-lbs-to-wedding-ready-w-pics/#entry71922361'][/post]

Spoiler

#29 MI82

MI82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:45 AM

I get botox injections in my forehead, temples, and shoulders for migraines. It definitely helps with migraines but I don't see any cosmetic difference.
Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I had no idea that was a thing! Super interesting! My migraines are killer sometimes! ...I was told Botox would make my eyes look worse bc of their shape. I had wanted it for fine lines etc.. so I’ve only done chemical peels. I don’t remember which. They helped with the over all look & feel.

#30 Tofuky

Tofuky

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 August 2020 - 10:30 AM

I had no idea that was a thing! Super interesting! My migraines are killer sometimes! ...I was told Botox would make my eyes look worse bc of their shape. I had wanted it for fine lines etc.. so I’ve only done chemical peels. I don’t remember which. They helped with the over all look & feel.

Ya the Botox is suppose to help relax the muscles and thus reduce the frequency of migraines. I'm not a cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist, but I believe Botox won't really help fine lines in the skin as those are more due to loss of collagen. Have you tried retinol-based products +/- hyaluronic acid? There are some pretty good OTC/drugstore stuff you can get for under 50 bucks, like by La Roche-Posay or Olay.

• MI82 likes this

#31 pinkyfrilly

pinkyfrilly

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 11:51 AM

I want lip filler so bad, but I'm terrified of facial fillers because of how puffy they make your face look and then the filler migrates to other spots. my face is fat enough as it is lol I wish there was an easy fix for jowls, I'll prob need a lower face lift at some point

#32 Pills.and.Porcelain

Pills.and.Porcelain

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  • LocationThe Hellmouth

Posted 16 August 2020 - 10:46 PM

I also get botox for migraine. My ENT actually does a bunch of cosmetic stuff, and after a year of seeing super effective results (visible results, I mean- it only alleviates my chronic migraine about 10%)
Then I started dipping my toe into other stuff. I had botox on the outside of my eyes and Restalyne (hyaluronic acid fillers) on my jawline.
I LOVE the filler. Its been a year and its pretty much worn off, but Ill do it again. It was $1,200ish CAD so Im trying to plan out my attack haha
Next will be:
Jaw line
Marionette lines
Under eye hollows

There is also this newer one called Kybella (deoxycholic acid)
that dissolves fat tissue? Im not sure how it works. But it's used for "turkey neck"...
I thought this would go away once I was underweight again, but aging is a cruel bitch. Mine is subtle but Ive pretty much always had it. I think its a family trait actually. But I shouldn't need too many units so this is definitely on my list.
  • Tofuky and MI82 like this

"I'm afraid we have a slight...apocalypse."

*​**********************************************

5'7" CW:110.4lbs BMI:17.3

HW: 140lbs (21.9)

LW: 105.4 (16.5)

CW: 110.4 (17.3)

GW5: 105lbs (16.4)

UGW: 100lbs (15.7)

giphy.gif

#33 MI82

MI82

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:31 AM

Ya the Botox is suppose to help relax the muscles and thus reduce the frequency of migraines. I'm not a cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist, but I believe Botox won't really help fine lines in the skin as those are more due to loss of collagen. Have you tried retinol-based products +/- hyaluronic acid? There are some pretty good OTC/drugstore stuff you can get for under 50 bucks, like by La Roche-Posay or Olay.

No, I guess I haven’t. ...I’ll have to! Thanks!
  • Tofuky likes this

#34 Catmore

Catmore

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 11:43 AM

I get Botox on my 11s and my forehead. : ) Love it. : )

Height: 5'3"

SW: 122

CW: 108

GW: 90

#35 ice blue

ice blue

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 01:58 PM

I want fillers in my lips, and then wherever else I need em for general facial harmonization/facial perfection. Thinking about getting some next month as a bday present to myself. Lips, chin/jawline and undereyes are my priority. 

• Hendrix likes this

5'5"

Pole dance is everything

Drink 3L water a day

CW: 120 & 26" waist

GW: 108 (BMI 18) & 24" waist

HW: 120 (BMI 20)

LW: 97 (BMI 16.1)

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/4086619-ice-blue-accountability/

#36 saltedcaramelgelato

saltedcaramelgelato

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:46 PM

Botox and recently lip filler (Juvederm Volbella). Going to go back for more filler ASAP. Got a whole syringe but I want biggerrrrrrrr....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#37 AnEnigmaofGray

AnEnigmaofGray

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 02:46 PM

I've considered it for my forehead but I'm more interested in laser surgery to get rid of the chronic bags under my eyes. I get plenty of sleep and even when I try the natural 'remedies ' like drinking more water, cold packs, tea bags, cucumbers, cream with Vitamin E etc it all helped "a little" but not very much. I was looking into getting all these things done last April and had scheduled a consultation interview with a reputable place around here and then it all closed down because of Covid before I was able to go so that was the end of that, lol.
d4-Hv-Gng-d.png

fb2356bc421ec5cea9453f9d1dff453b.gif

#38 English_Rose

English_Rose

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1240 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 September 2020 - 12:40 AM

I've gotten botox a few times, no filler though. I'm early 30s.

Highest weight : 145

Current weight : 135

GW1: 135 

GW2: 130

GW3: 125

GW4: 120

#39 lalala87

lalala87

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 28 September 2020 - 07:25 AM

I get Botox in my jaw for TMJ, but that’s it.

5'5
HW: 201
CW: 185
GW1:179 (not considered obese)
GW2:166 (old HW)
GW3: 144 (old comfy weight)
UGW: 130 (old LW) :wub:

#40 GhostLarsen

GhostLarsen

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 06:47 PM

I get botox on my forehead and I love it!  

I've noticed it has a bit of a psychological effect on me.  I can't really make a 'worried face' by wrinkling up my forehead, and somehow that helps me be less worried.  I googled it once, and it turns out studies have been done on this.  It's not just me.  Other people have experienced it too!

It's not a cure-all never worry again, but it helps.  

• Hendrix likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 1 anonymous users