Surgery is June 2nd.. healing time and weight loss help... - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Surgery is June 2nd.. healing time and weight loss help...

weight loss anorexia

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 soralia

soralia

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 May 2020 - 02:39 PM

Okay so the doctors moved up my appointment from end of august to this Tuesday and im terrified.

More specifically im terrified of the healing time since it's going to be around 3-4 months in total.

I won't be able to exercise and ill be in pain and won't be able to move much for the first few weeks. 

Im freaking out because I just finally made a good routine for myself and im at my weight goal. :(

so basically all of my work out efforts will go to waste and my whole body will fill out and not be toned anymore and I feel like I'm just going to gain weight like crazy..

Does anyone have ANY tips to manage weight or continue to lose. cause if I start gaining im going to freak out and break down. :( 

I can't stop thinking about it and I want to cancel the appointment. 

113 112 111  110 109 108 107 106 105 104 103 102 101 100

UGW: 93 lbs   :wub: 

#2 ForeverDieting

ForeverDieting

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1882 posts
  • LocationA gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Posted 31 May 2020 - 02:50 AM

To be completely honest it is not a good idea to restrict or lose well while you're recovering from surgery. If you don't provide your body with enough nutrients and energy, it won't be able to repair tissue and heal properly.

It sucks and I know you're freaking out ( I have a couple of procedures on the horizon myself :|) but what I would do, and what I'd recommend is, try to put your weight loss on hold to make sure you recover well and in time. Eat maintenance at a minimum and up your protein intake considerably.

Hope your surgery goes well

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
  • RaeMarie721 likes this

#3 chasingcalm

chasingcalm

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 31 May 2020 - 02:16 PM

If you don't mind me asking, what type of surgery are you having? I just had a rod placed in my femur because of a fracture in April. My dietitian told me that usually your metabolism goes up when you are recovering from surgery because your body needs energy to heal. She estimated a 300-400 cal increase in BMR for my fracture. So that might help offset not being able to exercise. 

just a twenty-something trying to get her shit together

#4 RaeMarie721

RaeMarie721

Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 21 June 2020 - 06:34 PM

^^^What they said!!! I've had so many surgeries lmfao

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

5'8"

ED Sufferer for 20 years. Bulimia from age 8-21. EDNOS now, diagnosed in 2010 with Bulimia and in 2017 with EDNOS. Atypical Anorexic due to 140 pound weight loss.

#fatfuck

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: weight loss, anorexia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users