So i got diagnosed with covid - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

So i got diagnosed with covid

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 She_Went_Quietly

She_Went_Quietly

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 5813 posts
  • Locationsomewhere over the fucking rainbow

Posted 01 June 2020 - 05:28 PM

and it's really affecting my bulimia recovery bc it hurts to swallow so I'm not eating as much and also I have like zero appetite...any suggestions or should I just let it run its course? Also it really sucks to be forced into isolation, given that I have major depression severe and recurrent...
  • Abbey84 and Lil Strawb like this

***We know we are only worth it; if we can be perfectYet strange enough; our failures are just one defectThe real defect is in our hearts; we want another chanceInstead of walking in the shadows; we promise we'll danceWe'll dance with such beauty and graceTwists and turns; bounds and leaps,right into your embrace, before we fall into EMPTY SPACE***
2q15ohl.jpg
2ev4svk.jpg
2qiybli.jpg
2v021k5.jpg

Spoiler

***Food is a part of life,

but I am not a part of this life.

Food is medicine,

but I do not know wellness.

Food is living,

and I do not want to be alive***

Always here for support and to lend an ear or give a huge virtual hug.

Remember none of you are alone in this fight. In this life.

<3

#2 poultry

poultry

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:10 PM

Try soup, broth, or congee (A Cantonese porridge but more watery I believe, so it'll be easier to swallow. It's easy to make and you can also add soy sauce to it for flavor.). You can also try yogurt and popsicles. These are all relatively low in calories, plus your body is fighting off this virus so it will be using up calories.

Drinking honey mixed with water (or just pure honey) soothes sore throats, while drinking or gargling salt mixed with water might also help to kill some bacteria (Although I don't know how effective this is in regards to Corona). Also make sure to drink a lot of water and keep hydrated!
  • She_Went_Quietly, FluffyLabRat, Abbey84 and 1 other like this

#3 anarchiczera

anarchiczera

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2382 posts
  • Locationpurge-atory

Posted 02 June 2020 - 01:30 PM

Try soup, broth, or congee (A Cantonese porridge but more watery I believe, so it'll be easier to swallow. It's easy to make and you can also add soy sauce to it for flavor.). You can also try yogurt and popsicles. These are all relatively low in calories, plus your body is fighting off this virus so it will be using up calories.

Drinking honey mixed with water (or just pure honey) soothes sore throats, while drinking or gargling salt mixed with water might also help to kill some bacteria (Although I don't know how effective this is in regards to Corona). Also make sure to drink a lot of water and keep hydrated!

I second congee! it's like a rice porridge and if you add lots of meat and salt it really does help make you stronger and it's super common to just live off congee if you are sick.. to make it you boil it for a while so everything in it (the rice and meat) become really soft. it's very light and doesn't make you bloat or anything so it's really good to eat when sick.

wishing you a quick recovery

• poultry and Lil Strawb like this

-- ⚜ --

age: 21  |  h: 5'8.5"  |  cw: ??? somewhere around 111 lbs

gw: as close to 0% body fat as I can manage

~accountability~

I just want to leave my mark... make people feel like they belong... make people happy... and be happy... if my chaos-ridden brain will let me do that...

I am not mortal, I am lunar energy trapped on earth... one day I will be able to return home to faraway stars where i belong..

If I am lucky, one day I will have the great honour of offering if only a little beauty to this world... there is none within me, but every day I still try to grow flowers in the wasteland.

37X2b47.png

31-25-34

repentance  •   purity  •  selflessness

disordered since ... like 2010?

#4 skyfiregirl

skyfiregirl

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 04 June 2020 - 04:12 PM

you can also try oatmeal, cream of wheat, mash potato if you want warm things besides soups.  Or smoothies if you want cold things

• Abbey84 likes this

Height 5'9  |  CW:135  |  GW1: 130  |  GW2: 120  |  LW:114  | HW: 155

tumblr_otaot1Qjfi1ve4jdio1_500.gif

#5 Abbey84

Abbey84

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 981 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 June 2020 - 06:43 AM

How do you feel, what are your symptoms apart from sore throat and no appetite? Sorry to be nosy but I don't know anyone who had it and would love to find out what it's actually like from someone real, rather than a person on YouTube who could say whatever just for views lol.

There's a spray called Chloraseptic in the UK and it numbs the back of your throat. I used to get a lot of sore throats and tonsillitis, it works wonders. You can get it over the counter in chemists if there's anyone who could go out for you.

Other than that try soups or Weetabix cereal. Add plenty of milk and you can almost drink it - they also make a drink/shake. Complan or ensure is really good too. Sending a virtual to help you feel better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

#6 She_Went_Quietly

She_Went_Quietly

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 5813 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 12:59 AM

How do you feel, what are your symptoms apart from sore throat and no appetite? Sorry to be nosy but I don't know anyone who had it and would love to find out what it's actually like from someone real, rather than a person on YouTube who could say whatever just for views lol.

There's a spray called Chloraseptic in the UK and it numbs the back of your throat. I used to get a lot of sore throats and tonsillitis, it works wonders. You can get it over the counter in chemists if there's anyone who could go out for you.

Other than that try soups or Weetabix cereal. Add plenty of milk and you can almost drink it - they also make a drink/shake. Complan or ensure is really good too. Sending a virtual to help you feel better.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Hi i dont mind you asking! I had a severe cough, chest pains and difficulty breathing (but not to the point where I needed hospitalization), body aches, splitting headaches, major fatigue and on and off chills. The symptoms didn't start all at once - it started with the soar throat and cough and continued all the way through to body chills which was the last symptom I got. I was in isolation for 24 days, but I had symptoms from before then, so I'd say I had it for 6-7weeks. I technically don't have it anymore...but if i over exert myself my breathing still gets labored - but I was told that could last a while.

Hope this helped!
  • Abbey84 likes this

***We know we are only worth it; if we can be perfectYet strange enough; our failures are just one defectThe real defect is in our hearts; we want another chanceInstead of walking in the shadows; we promise we'll danceWe'll dance with such beauty and graceTwists and turns; bounds and leaps,right into your embrace, before we fall into EMPTY SPACE***
2q15ohl.jpg
2ev4svk.jpg
2qiybli.jpg
2v021k5.jpg

Spoiler

Food is medicine,

Food is living,

<3

#7 She_Went_Quietly

She_Went_Quietly

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 5813 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 01:02 AM

UPDATE: im recovered mostly from COVID, and i did manage to push fluids and drink my calories like in smoothies and v8. Buuut I still can't/don't want to eat...both maybe? The feeling of fullness im getting now that im actually trying to eat after barely eating for weeks...and also being in quarantine with nothing to do is telling my brain "well now you don't have to eat because you're not expected to go anywhere or do anything..."

Idk but I think im officially relapsing... 😢
  • FluffyLabRat and Abbey84 like this

2q15ohl.jpg
2ev4svk.jpg
2qiybli.jpg
2v021k5.jpg

Spoiler

Food is medicine,

Food is living,

<3

#8 Colour moving and still

Colour moving and still

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 04:56 PM

UPDATE: im recovered mostly from COVID, and i did manage to push fluids and drink my calories like in smoothies and v8. Buuut I still can't/don't want to eat...both maybe? The feeling of fullness im getting now that im actually trying to eat after barely eating for weeks...and also being in quarantine with nothing to do is telling my brain "well now you don't have to eat because you're not expected to go anywhere or do anything..."

Idk but I think im officially relapsing... 😢

So glad to hear you are feeling better. Just wondering did you get a scratchy throat?. If So was it the first symptom you noticed?.

#9 She_Went_Quietly

She_Went_Quietly

Omniscient

• Supporter
  • 5813 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:03 PM

So glad to hear you are feeling better. Just wondering did you get a scratchy throat?. If So was it the first symptom you noticed?.

Yes actually! My throat and cough were the first two symptoms...

2q15ohl.jpg
2ev4svk.jpg
2qiybli.jpg
2v021k5.jpg

Spoiler

Food is medicine,

Food is living,

<3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users