High carb diet - Commercial Diets - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

High carb diet

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bettermedaily

bettermedaily

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 01:51 AM

Hiiii, anyone tried high carb diet and lost weight? Is it harmful to the body ? ( insulin resistance) , I feel it's the only diet I can stick to as I eat a lot of carbs generally.
.Thank you for sharing your thoughts

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

#2 Nullivorous

Nullivorous

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2283 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:04 AM

Biggest risk of a high carb diet is malnutrition and protein deficiency. If it's 'empty' carbs like mostly sweets and processed food, you will suffer more health consequences. A high carb diet that comprises of mostly fresh produce is a better alternative. But that protein deficiency will definitely take a number on your skin, hair, nails, oral-health, water retention, and muscle mass. All the vitamins in the world mean nothing if your body doesn't have enough protein to create new hair and skin.

Absolute minimum protein you need is about 0.8g of protein daily for every kg you weigh (abbreviated g/kgbw ). Meeting this can really preserve a lot of your health, but most ED folx do best with 1.2g/kgbw because of the stresses of starvation.

• bettermedaily likes this

Just let me relapse without judgement

Legit Nutritionist Degree

Inbox always open for questions or memes

The only hurdle to becoming who I want to be is me

MY ULTIMATE WEIGHT PREDICTION CALCULATOR!! FREE TO USE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hEqFBBhu6Tz6HVK6fiJ_mY_rpRVXDg3eQzacH6qY-NE/edit

Coronavirus Survival Thread:

https://www.myproana.com/index.php/topic/3967739-enduring-quarantine-hangouts-tips-and-tricks-galore/

#3 Akiralovesky

Akiralovesky

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 03 June 2020 - 02:05 AM

I eat a starch based diet and lose weight pretty quickly with that. I also limit fruit and eat lots of protein though (tempeh, tofu, chickpeas, pb2 etc). My HBA1c is always normal, blood sugar fine and no insulin resistance :)

The day you stop trying is the day you stop flying <3

#4 bettermedaily

bettermedaily

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:36 AM

Biggest risk of a high carb diet is malnutrition and protein deficiency. If it's 'empty' carbs like mostly sweets and processed food, you will suffer more health consequences. A high carb diet that comprises of mostly fresh produce is a better alternative. But that protein deficiency will definitely take a number on your skin, hair, nails, oral-health, water retention, and muscle mass. All the vitamins in the world mean nothing if your body doesn't have enough protein to create new hair and skin.

Absolute minimum protein you need is about 0.8g of protein daily for every kg you weigh (abbreviated g/kgbw ). Meeting this can really preserve a lot of your health, but most ED folx do best with 1.2g/kgbw because of the stresses of starvation.

Thank you so much for the advice . I just tend to crave carbs more even if it's just fruits and vegetables. I will definitely try to incorporate more protein into my diet .

#5 bettermedaily

bettermedaily

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2020 - 12:37 AM

I eat a starch based diet and lose weight pretty quickly with that. I also limit fruit and eat lots of protein though (tempeh, tofu, chickpeas, pb2 etc). My HBA1c is always normal, blood sugar fine and no insulin resistance :)

Thank you ! This is definitely reassuring

• Akiralovesky likes this

#6 choco-tarte

choco-tarte

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 08:46 AM

There is a diet called "Whole Foods Plant Based", it's main purpose is not to loose weight but to get healthy in general from eating only foods that are good for you. Basically it includes eating a lot of veggies and fruits, no processed foods and minimal amount of animal products. Because of this, it is very high in carbs, but only in healthy carbs (from fruits, starchy veggies, whole-wheat flour instead of refined sugar, fructose syrup etc.). It claims to have many health benefits and also helps loosing weight.

There is a book about loosing weight with this diet, it's called "The China Study Solution", it has explanations as well as recipes in it, if you want to learn more about it.

#7 ForeverDieting

ForeverDieting

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1879 posts
  • LocationA gumdrop house on Lollipop Lane

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:06 PM

I eat mostly carbs (mid high restrict) anywhere from~50-75% of my diet, and I still lose

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

#8 bettermedaily

bettermedaily

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 June 2020 - 06:55 AM

There is a diet called "Whole Foods Plant Based", it's main purpose is not to loose weight but to get healthy in general from eating only foods that are good for you. Basically it includes eating a lot of veggies and fruits, no processed foods and minimal amount of animal products. Because of this, it is very high in carbs, but only in healthy carbs (from fruits, starchy veggies, whole-wheat flour instead of refined sugar, fructose syrup etc.). It claims to have many health benefits and also helps loosing weight.

There is a book about loosing weight with this diet, it's called "The China Study Solution", it has explanations as well as recipes in it, if you want to learn more about it.

Thankss I will definitely check out that book!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users