period pain causing hunger - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

period pain causing hunger

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skinnydarlingellie

skinnydarlingellie

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Locationvirginia, united states

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:24 PM

does this happen to anyone else? like my period always hurts super bad and i'm on birth control but my cycles are so short and i have my period sometimes twice a month. my period makes me super hungry and i end up binging on bread and feeling horrible. like today my calories were at 1,000 but i ate 2 slices of bread (130cal each). pain medication doesn't work, i take it anyways and use a heating pad and drink some tea. does anyone have some tips to deal with the pain and hunger???

tumblr_lghttma41A1qfw4q0o1_r1_500.gif

avec bises, el xxx

#2 northernsoul

northernsoul

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 07:37 PM

I'm on my period right now and this definitely has happened to me in the past. You gotta still give into cravings so you don't binge but still have balance. For example, I'm drinking chocolate milk instead of binging out on Oreos and zebra cakes. Have a slice of cheese or two instead of a whole pizza or grilled cheese. Really pushing the fluids during this time (e.g. coffee, tea, water) will help with any bloating and will help control appetite.

I used to get really bad cramps and I was on birth control and it helped. Maybe check in with your doctor and double check that your BC is right for you. Also rest! Get in bed and definitely get into a fetal position so your uterus can relax. I hope you feel better!

Be patient and kind to yourself while you're on your cycle.

• skinnydarlingellie likes this

Height: 5'11"

HW: 145

LW: 126

CW: 132.2

GW1: 130

GW2: 125

GW3: 120

UGW: 115

source.gif

tumblr_n9s8c1TyhZ1sxfqdyo1_r1_500.gif

#3 skinnydarlingellie

skinnydarlingellie

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • Locationvirginia, united states

Posted 06 June 2020 - 10:51 AM

I'm on my period right now and this definitely has happened to me in the past. You gotta still give into cravings so you don't binge but still have balance. For example, I'm drinking chocolate milk instead of binging out on Oreos and zebra cakes. Have a slice of cheese or two instead of a whole pizza or grilled cheese. Really pushing the fluids during this time (e.g. coffee, tea, water) will help with any bloating and will help control appetite.

I used to get really bad cramps and I was on birth control and it helped. Maybe check in with your doctor and double check that your BC is right for you. Also rest! Get in bed and definitely get into a fetal position so your uterus can relax. I hope you feel better!

Be patient and kind to yourself while you're on your cycle.

thanks!! nice to know im not crazy and alone haha

i'm on birth control and its usually gotten better than before but for some reason the first day is always soo bad but my mom is always nagging on me not to take pain medication on an empty stomach but i do anyways :/

tumblr_lghttma41A1qfw4q0o1_r1_500.gif

avec bises, el xxx

#4 northernsoul

northernsoul

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 03:07 PM

definitely have a light snack with your meds! like some fruit or some crackers / pb2. the good news is that it will end! and then you do it all over again next month :-)

Height: 5'11"

HW: 145

LW: 126

CW: 132.2

GW1: 130

GW2: 125

GW3: 120

UGW: 115

source.gif

tumblr_n9s8c1TyhZ1sxfqdyo1_r1_500.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users