the Catcher in the Rye anyone? - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

the Catcher in the Rye anyone?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 princevaliant

princevaliant

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts
  • Locationlost in my mind, usa

Posted 06 June 2020 - 05:57 AM

I first discovered this book as a preteen and it really resonated with me on several levels and remains one of my favorite and most treasured books of all time Anyone else feel this way about it or am I the only one? Also, I have a spare copy and want it to go to someone who loves it as much as I do so if anyone loves it and needs a copy let me know. 

You can call me Jax. 

They/He please. dude, man, bro etc. I am outside the binary

average obsessive depressed, anxious, anorexic. 

Add me on insta if you want:

will reveal fb if requested via PM for quicker responses to chat or need immediate support. always have it open so receive messages instantly

in need of friends. 

For anyone looking for support, friends, help, advice, or just someone to vent to please PM me. I mean it. 

Stats: Age: "Adult"

5'7.5"

LW: 57lbs

GW: 60lbs 

e353d117d64fe4e1689066abf64e2840.gif

#2 Achelois

Achelois

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 10:11 PM

I need to re-read it.

Have you read "Franny And Zooey" yet or his short stories?  It's a bit over the top and very angsty, but I love the scenes and characters so I don't care.  I almost get an ASMR effect from reading his descriptions.  I save his books for when I'm really feeling the drama.

#3 princevaliant

princevaliant

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3341 posts
  • Locationlost in my mind, usa

Posted 15 June 2020 - 11:15 AM

I need to re-read it.

Have you read "Franny And Zooey" yet or his short stories?  It's a bit over the top and very angsty, but I love the scenes and characters so I don't care.  I almost get an ASMR effect from reading his descriptions.  I save his books for when I'm really feeling the drama.

yeah I have a few times I used to like that one a lot but I need to re-read it for sure

• Achelois likes this

You can call me Jax. 

They/He please. dude, man, bro etc. I am outside the binary

average obsessive depressed, anxious, anorexic. 

Add me on insta if you want:

will reveal fb if requested via PM for quicker responses to chat or need immediate support. always have it open so receive messages instantly

in need of friends. 

For anyone looking for support, friends, help, advice, or just someone to vent to please PM me. I mean it. 

Stats: Age: "Adult"

5'7.5"

LW: 57lbs

GW: 60lbs 

e353d117d64fe4e1689066abf64e2840.gif

#4 cold_wytch_bones

cold_wytch_bones

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 11:49 AM

Yes! I also read it preteen and it was probably my first proper "adult" book. I was so confused as to what at "sonuvabitch" was lmao.

I read his short stories too and really liked them. I haven't read anything by him in ages, though Catcher in the Rye I read once a year for at least 5 years.

Whose woods these are I think I know...

pls just let me be

GW - 45kg

and I'll be leaving soon
before the rising of the moon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users