Being pregnant while having an ED - Pregnancy - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Being pregnant while having an ED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Theinsideme

Theinsideme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 07:55 AM

Hi everyone.
So, I am finishing my bachelor in midwifery and I am writing my thesis about pregnant women with eating disorders. I am currently really struggling with my AN so I have decided to use my own obsession. I am thinking about it anyway, why not use it to get my degree?
I would really appreciate If you could aswear me some questions. It shouldn´t take more than 15 minutes. Please fill out my questionairy if you are (or have been) pregnant while diagnosed with any ED. (I think self diagnosing is important with our disorders, but my lector wants it more official).

I am personally really afraid of pregnancy and being a mother. I want to, it´s one of my greatest wishes, but I am scared I won´t be able to be "healthy" enough for them. My thesis is about that.  About the struggle balancing ED and healthy pregnancy.

Thank you. 

#2 ~Goddess Annea~

~Goddess Annea~

Namaslayer

• Super Moderators
  • 13322 posts
  • Locationeatingdisordercentral.com

Posted 07 June 2020 - 08:36 PM

Hi everyone.
So, I am finishing my bachelor in midwifery and I am writing my thesis about pregnant women with eating disorders. I am currently really struggling with my AN so I have decided to use my own obsession. I am thinking about it anyway, why not use it to get my degree?
I would really appreciate If you could aswear me some questions. It shouldn´t take more than 15 minutes. Please fill out my questionairy if you are (or have been) pregnant while diagnosed with any ED. (I think self diagnosing is important with our disorders, but my lector wants it more official).

I am personally really afraid of pregnancy and being a mother. I want to, it´s one of my greatest wishes, but I am scared I won´t be able to be "healthy" enough for them. My thesis is about that.  About the struggle balancing ED and healthy pregnancy.

Thank you. 

Hello, I am locking your threads as any sort of research projects asking for member involvement MUST be vetted by mods.

If you wish to have us consider allowing you to post this, please message me with all the details as I must be able to verify this is a legit research project from a university with information provided so I can verify the validity of everything.

Also, it's against the rules to post the exact same topic across multiple forums. 

As of July 1, 2018, you can primarily find me on:

eatingdisordercentral.com

If anyone has issues with anything related to EDC, please send me a PM here instead of creating a thread about any EDC issues on MPA. I am still here helping members and doing what I can, so let's be respectful of MPA and not spam the forums here with issues or complaints about EDC. Please PM me directly and I am happy to help. <3

~Namaste~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users