snapping/clicking noise in ankles? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

snapping/clicking noise in ankles?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Catico

Catico

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMi casa

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:27 PM

I dont really know how to explain the sound, it sounds like a small snapping noise whenever I push off my left ankle (like when doing star jumps)

just curious if I should be worried? I get similar in my knees too sometimes, anyone else get the same?

ill live with no regrets, looking at the sky

Spread my wings and fly, now like this

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SW: 64.9 kg

LW: 50.5 kg

Height: 170 cm

(recovery)accountability: https://www.myproana...ccountability☾/

^maybe recovery is possible^

#2 Hello-its-me

Hello-its-me

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  • LocationA deep dark hole inside my mind

Posted 09 June 2020 - 04:44 PM

I've had the same thing, but in my right ankle, for several years now, and its never caused any problems (exept making it difficult to exercise in secret :lol: ). I was talking to my friend about it, who has hypermobility (joint issues), and she said the doctors always said they treat pain, not noises, so as long as it isn't causing you any pain it should be okay, but if youre experiencing pain or dislocations you might needed to get it checked out, as it could be a sign of joint issues, but yeah like I said ive had it for like 3-4 years with no issues

• KamileJ likes this

#3 Catico

Catico

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 941 posts
  • LocationMi casa

Posted 10 June 2020 - 02:12 AM

I've had the same thing, but in my right ankle, for several years now, and its never caused any problems (exept making it difficult to exercise in secret :lol: ). I was talking to my friend about it, who has hypermobility (joint issues), and she said the doctors always said they treat pain, not noises, so as long as it isn't causing you any pain it should be okay, but if youre experiencing pain or dislocations you might needed to get it checked out, as it could be a sign of joint issues, but yeah like I said ive had it for like 3-4 years with no issues

ahh im happy im not the only one! thanks, sounds like its nothing to worry about :)

ill live with no regrets, looking at the sky

Spread my wings and fly, now like this

SW: 64.9 kg

LW: 50.5 kg

Height: 170 cm

(recovery)accountability: https://www.myproana...ccountability☾/

^maybe recovery is possible^

#4 Avyeon

Avyeon

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2050 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:55 AM

I've had the same since I was a kid. It would be really annoying because I couldn't sneak down the stairs without my ankles making hella noise lmfaooo. It seems to have gone now though and it never really bothered me or caused any problems. 

• KamileJ likes this

giphy.gif

Age: 22 │ Height: 5'5 3/4 │ SW: 190 lbs │ LW: 132 lbs  CW: 175 lbs │ GW: 165 lbs │ UGW: 110 lbs

Diagnosed Bulimia / BED January 10th 2018

Accountability:

https://www.myproana.../#entry71822441

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users