Mom pooch - Parents with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Mom pooch

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Stoneyy_

Stoneyy_

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 07:50 AM

Hi everyone!

My son is 10 weeks old and I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Im 5’9 and was 205 lbs when I gave birth. I am down to 135 lbs but I feel like my lower stomach still pops out a little.

Is there any way to get rid of that? Any certain workouts? I walk about 2-3 miles every day.

#2 fatdumbhoneybun

fatdumbhoneybun

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationStupidville

Posted 12 June 2020 - 01:56 PM

Girl.. ten weeks ago is not that long at all! All you need is time and you’ll be good as new. It took me about ten months after giving birth for my body to actually feel like my body again. Pregnancy is rough!
  • mochroi and Lemonwedges like this

#3 NotThisBody

NotThisBody

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationState of Anxiety

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:37 PM

I was friends with a sweet lady on MyFitnessPal who was a mom of three and she dropped only 8lbs and 1 pants size by lifting weights/strength training....... and she looked like a whole new woman. Her body was tight, like zero flab. I wouldn't have guessed it was possible. But muscle tone really does look beautiful when body fat percentage goes down. 

#4 AVintagePaperDoll

AVintagePaperDoll

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGulfport, Mississippi

Posted 19 June 2020 - 09:46 PM

In 10 wks you went from 205 to 135? How did you do that 👀 I'm due in September, and feel like a whale.

#5 Newbie23

Newbie23

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:13 PM

YouTube postpartum/post natal workouts or lower belly workouts. There's a lot specifically for getting your body back after baby

#6 Purple Haze

Purple Haze

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 July 2020 - 10:21 PM

:o  So, I was around 120kg or 264lbs (revolting, I know) just before I gave birth.  Was one of the few times i wasn't able to avoid knowing what I weighed, and I was just loving my food far too much to care at that point.  While I lost a bunch of that weight just breastfeeding, I can't even imagine going back to what I was before pregnancy in that little time!  

I'd say stomach/core exercises will work great.  I need to do more of those as I had significant muscle separation and it still feels weird around there (after I'd had my child, if i laughed or coughed my innards felt like they were jumping outside of my stomach, it was very Alien).

b37.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users