how in touch are you with your feminine side? - Males with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

how in touch are you with your feminine side?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Miloš

Miloš

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:55 PM

just curious, really

#2 pastafreak

pastafreak

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11298 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:56 PM

don't u have a homework assignment to finish?

(i'm just playing)

• Miloš likes this

#3 Miloš

Miloš

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:58 PM

don't u have a homework assignment to finish?

(i'm just playing)

mpa is consuming me bruh

• pastafreak and WhaTHellAmIDoing like this

#4 pastafreak

pastafreak

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11298 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 05:59 PM

mpa is consuming me bruh

mood

• Miloš likes this

#5 makeoutcreek

makeoutcreek

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 10 June 2020 - 06:52 PM

i get my eyebrows fixed like once a year and secretly love pop music does that count?

• Miloš and WhaTHellAmIDoing like this

20 - male - 6'2

hw: 260ish

sw: 220

cw: 168

my body's made of crushed little stars

#6 Miloš

Miloš

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:54 AM

i get my eyebrows fixed like once a year and secretly love pop music does that count?

probably, based on stereotypes

i try to do my eyebrows about once a month, it just feels natural

#7 Thisusercravesdeath

Thisusercravesdeath

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 08:36 PM

I do drag, does that count lmao

Sent from my Nokia 1 using Tapatalk
  • palegreenthings and Miloš like this

#8 spideyman

spideyman

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1282 posts
  • LocationSpiderman, Spiderman, Does Whatever A Spider Can

Posted 13 June 2020 - 03:04 AM

Zero. If there was anything feminine in me it was crushed by my brutal manliness and the bench presses I did by the age of 2. If I ever feel an emotion coming on I make sure to punch a wall and say a slur to regain my masculinity. 

• crow-nova, aneurin, RandomPanda and 8 others like this

sw 57

cw 52  ugw 35

And they call me 

Peter Porker

tumblr_ogt0cdKILF1voyoe2o1_500.gif

#9 kayakspo

kayakspo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 June 2020 - 11:12 PM

out of touch with both masculine and feminine. either I judge things neutral or I don't care about labels. but I'm not afraid of doing girly/boyish things. I keep my appearance but maintain it to a minimum, I also don't look manly but don't "act womanly". I'm quite in the middle.

#10 CelloOnTheWind57

CelloOnTheWind57

• Accountability access
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 01:57 AM

out of touch with both masculine and feminine. either I judge things neutral or I don't care about labels. but I'm not afraid of doing girly/boyish things. I keep my appearance but maintain it to a minimum, I also don't look manly but don't "act womanly". I'm quite in the middle.

Would you identify yourself as non-binary then?

#11 WilliamWillTell

WilliamWillTell

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2894 posts
  • LocationNeither here nor there

Posted 24 June 2020 - 05:31 AM

Very in touch with both sides

#12 Achelois

Achelois

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 10:12 AM

I'm a stay at home dad with *many* daughters.  They are teenagers now,  I've raised them since there were 0yrs.  That changes your perspective.  Most nights I braid hair.  I hear more details of their days than I can keep straight because they basically brain dump.  I love this.

*BUT* it's a relief when I can get some balance.

• eventhorizon likes this

#13 kayakspo

kayakspo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2020 - 10:00 PM

Would you identify yourself as non-binary then?

I did not really give that much thought about it, honestly. My gender expression is not confined to tight boundaries, so it can be a bit "experimental" sometimes, or utterly boring. I just go with what works for me. However, I always had a preference for androgynous/androgyny aesthetics, so it plays a slight role. So I can use skirts or military trousers with boots; I know how to walk in heels but also know a bit of carpentry; I did have a long beard and moustache that I could braid, but also a clean shave from time to time; my eyebrows are quite masculine/bushy but I shape them arched, quite feminine, then I forget for months and they are like tarantulas again. It's a cycle.

I just experiment with things. If it makes sense to me and I like it, whatever. It's an instrumental reasoning process. That's why I said I'm "out of touch" with both, because I'm not trying to "channel" any of them.

I'm detached so it helps with caring less. Simply put, I'm non-traditional and don't care too much about being a [gender], I even forget about that in me. If I could, I'd use a neutral term, but if I am a "man", so be it, I guess.

(PS. That does not mean I'm blind to sexism and pointlessly gendered problems we face as humans, but that's off-topic.)

#14 Katurian

Katurian

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 August 2020 - 12:36 AM

I'm not sure. Probably at least somewhat?

Style-wise, I actually want to be more androgynous than I currently am. So I guess I'm more willing to experiment than some guys are. It just seems like if you're willing to do even a few stereotypically feminine things, it opens up a lot more ways to express yourself

I've always had at least one close female friend at any given time. I don't feel as comfortable around women as I do around men, though. Something about the conversational dynamic. With that said, I'm definitely out of touch with the extreme end of masculinity

My hobbies would be considered feminine from the outside, but I don't feel feminine doing any of it. None of my male role models were traditionally masculine, so I just didn't grow up with a strict separation between what men are and what women are. And I'm grateful for that.

• djsta likes this

He/Him, 23

Spoiler

#15 crow-nova

crow-nova

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:10 PM

My mannerisms are like. Pretty gay (even though I'm not gay, I'm bi). I don't necessarily ""look"" gay or feminine, because I dress pretty masc, but when I'm comfortable around people my mannerisms are definitely like "oh yeah. that guy is for sure queer. no question". When I'm around people I don't know, I definitely put on more masc mannerisms just because I don't want judgement or like, to be hate crimed.

I have a decent balance of male and female friends, and I feel like I get along well with women.

I also do art, which has a somewhat feminine connotation, but I design tattoos so ...

I guess I'm kind of in touch with my feminine side? I find it hard to accept that I have more feminine characteristics sometimes, but I feel like that's probably some good old fashioned toxic masculinity and "internalized homophobia" or whatever. Especially hard with an ED, I feel like people are going to automatically assume things about me if I tell them I have an ED. Only a few people IRL know about my ED, just because there's so much stigma.

• spideyman likes this

I'm Crow, he/him. Struggling since 2012.
Ethical Vegan - Human Liberation/Animal Liberation ✊

Accountability

Halloween Competition

Stats:

Spoiler

#16 PhoenicianPrincess

PhoenicianPrincess

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1049 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 24 August 2020 - 07:48 PM

Yes, but I don't talk or act flamboyantly. 

I don't like looking the least bit masculine and hate the idea of being dominant/strong. 

Male/6'1.5"/30/Small Frame

Current BMI: 15.0

#17 skinnyboyeternal

skinnyboyeternal

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts
  • Locationhalfway between the gutter and the stars

Posted 07 September 2020 - 06:47 AM

In touch enough that I'm 26 and still fit 30-30.i classify that as feminine side because of course the lower body is ruled by the feminine energy and men with slender hips or nice legs are traditionally viewed as suspect. if you want to look really straight just have a gut and a big donk. however some girls took note of the feminine pep in my step and found it cute that I have pep as opposed to waddling. so, win? [dab]

zg92Xc4.jpg

0R43TgM.png

giphy.gif

ezgif-3-faae8c17fd19.gif

#18 palegreenthings

palegreenthings

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 07 September 2020 - 04:29 PM

honestly, i'm pretty fem. i like it like that, though.

19 male ◦ 5'7 ◦ AN-R ugw: 90 lbs

accountability + thinspo thread

Stranger-Things-KFC.gif?w=1400

#19 G0D

G0D

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 September 2020 - 09:00 AM

I paint my nails (black) and don’t really shy away from sparkly or colourful things, but I’m not that feminine in terms of my personality.

✨ HEIGHT: 5’9! ✨

🌈 BMI: 16.? 🌈

🍄 UGBMI: 14.8! 🍄

💚 MESSAGES: OPEN! 💚

#20 coldthin

coldthin

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2699 posts
  • LocationThe secret Tenth Circle of Hell ( Walmart )

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:57 PM

I never really associated with or fitted in with either the masculine or feminine forms of gender expression, I just kind of feel like I do my own thing, but I guess to very masculine presenting guys I would seem slightly more feminine because of this. I basicly dress mostly masculine just to blend in but my general mannerisms and such are just whatever I like.

gallery_603345_69913_311266.gif

they / them  or  he / him

my tumblr :-)

my thread  ^u^

Spoiler

stats under spoiler

gallery_603345_69913_2247.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users