does this look like swollen thyroid/hypothyroidism? - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

does this look like swollen thyroid/hypothyroidism?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bejiko

bejiko

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:10 PM

pleas help

Attached Files

SW= 65kg 🌠 CW= 47.2kg 🌠
GW1= 45kg 🌠 GW2= 42 🌠
UGW= 38kg 🌠

#2 CICOpath

CICOpath

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1418 posts
  • LocationSOUTH Florida

Posted 12 June 2020 - 03:23 PM

i can't tell exactly from the picture nor am i a health professional but i have a goiter (enlarged thyroid) & some other things & my neck kinda looks like that (it was rlly noticable at a higher weight though- the bottom portion of my neck just gets this buldge) i have a pic of me when i was like 13 at a higher weight & you could rlly see it (i'll update if i find it so you can see) 

thyroid imbalances are actually extremely common but it could be possible yours is completely healthy 

hyper/hypothyroidism could only be diagnosed through a blood or needle test (& usually a series of tests over time so they can see how/if your hormone levels fluctuate) 

• bejiko likes this
gallery_212432_64639_5332.png
Waldo Emerson | 03.04.2020

Join the **UPDATED** Unofficial MPA Chat Lobby!

med_gallery_212432_64639_10501.jpg med_gallery_212432_64639_36087.jpg

#3 Colour moving and still

Colour moving and still

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:56 AM

pleas help

You really need to see Dr for this. Nobody here can diagnose you. I have multi glandular goiter. My Dr told it's not like on seinfeld where you have a neck the size of a foot ball. Other Drs never notice. But with a physical exam some of my nodes are noticeable others are deep within. My thyroid on blood work is normal so I dont need meds.

If you have a goiter you need an ultrasound and blood work. I encourage you to see a dr.

#4 Colour moving and still

Colour moving and still

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 08:59 AM

i can't tell exactly from the picture nor am i a health professional but i have a goiter (enlarged thyroid) & some other things & my neck kinda looks like that (it was rlly noticable at a higher weight though- the bottom portion of my neck just gets this buldge) i have a pic of me when i was like 13 at a higher weight & you could rlly see it (i'll update if i find it so you can see)

thyroid imbalances are actually extremely common but it could be possible yours is completely healthy

hyper/hypothyroidism could only be diagnosed through a blood or needle test (& usually a series of tests over time so they can see how/if your hormone levels fluctuate)

I noticed mine a little more when I was over weight too which is the only reason I booked an appt. Now that im a normal bmi I don't notice it. In fact nobody in irl could evee tell. But I think we are all more aware of our own bodies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users