Body rating of other guys change? - Males with ED - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Body rating of other guys change?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 djsta

djsta

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNYC, USA

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:35 AM

So when I was obese last year, pretty much anyone lower body fat had a more attractive body than me. Now that my ED is firmly established and I’m approaching my previously set weight/body fat/muscle goals, I’m finding that the profile pics of guys on “those sites” mostly look FAT!

Obviously there are guys who are ripped and significantly more muscular than me and they are still hot... but regular guys just look doughy. Now I guess that is attractive to others (no judgment), but for those who are closer to their GW vs their HW, how do you guys feel?

Also have you found that the disordered eating patterns are a hindrance to dating? I think they would fit me if I were on the market...
  • Weldon likes this

72 inches tall

29 inch waistline

SW 242.6 (07-01-2019) BF 31.1%

GW1 160 (03-28-2020) BF 14.8%

GW2 155 (04-07-2020) BF 13.9%

GW3 150 (04-21-2020) 12.8%

CW 151.4 (10-01-2020) BF 8.9%

UGW 145/BF 7%...or maybe less?

#2 MrAnathletic

MrAnathletic

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 June 2020 - 02:28 PM

So when I was obese last year, pretty much anyone lower body fat had a more attractive body than me. Now that my ED is firmly established and I’m approaching my previously set weight/body fat/muscle goals, I’m finding that the profile pics of guys on “those sites” mostly look FAT!

Obviously there are guys who are ripped and significantly more muscular than me and they are still hot... but regular guys just look doughy. Now I guess that is attractive to others (no judgment), but for those who are closer to their GW vs their HW, how do you guys feel?

Also have you found that the disordered eating patterns are a hindrance to dating? I think they would fit me if I were on the market...

Would like to find an anorexic partner...that would be perfect....on the "market" its getting difficult if you are not 20 anymore, but for me older guys are only attraktive if the are totaly lean, ripped or skeletal thin. Yonger guys can also have some fat, but the older the skinnier or leaner a guy has to be for my taste...

• djsta likes this

#3 Weldon

Weldon

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1288 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 15 June 2020 - 07:45 PM

I've noticed the same thing.  As my weight has dropped and my ED has become more of an "issue" I've started thinking more critically of others. 

• djsta and axirme like this

#4 Dannymine

Dannymine

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 June 2020 - 11:59 PM

weirdly enough it's kind of flipped for me. whenever I see attractive guys bigger than me, I'm like "damn, looks good on him" and then start thinking about how bad it would look on me :lol:

CW: 124
GW: 115
5’9

#5 djsta

djsta

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  • LocationNYC, USA

Posted 18 June 2020 - 07:38 AM

I think the underpinnings for me may be that someone who has more average body fat/weight is likely to eat “normal” which will put me at increased risk of deviating from my new diet regimen. I guess it is true that EDs can be a source of social isolation since stuffing our faces seems to so important to others...

72 inches tall

29 inch waistline

SW 242.6 (07-01-2019) BF 31.1%

GW1 160 (03-28-2020) BF 14.8%

GW2 155 (04-07-2020) BF 13.9%

GW3 150 (04-21-2020) 12.8%

CW 151.4 (10-01-2020) BF 8.9%

UGW 145/BF 7%...or maybe less?

#6 Cyclades

Cyclades

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1078 posts
  • LocationAtlantis

Posted 11 September 2020 - 08:37 AM

It's interesting how our minds process info and how Eds adapt it. For me, I prefer muscly, toned or a particular type of 'bear'. Probably just hyper masc archetypes??
  • djsta likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users