How much does anorexia shrink the brain? - Chiari malformation question - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

How much does anorexia shrink the brain? - Chiari malformation question

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ofdeepwaters

ofdeepwaters

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia PA

Posted 16 June 2020 - 06:37 AM

My neurosurgeon can’t do surgery on my chiari malformation because I have too many complicated issues.

How much does anorexia shrink the brain? Could I possibly get relief if I purposefully relapse? I have awful pressure headaches constantly.
gallery_345705_32770_3008.jpg

#2 redtree

redtree

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1111 posts
  • Locationin your hEEEeeaaad ZOMBIE ZOM BEH EH EH

Posted 16 June 2020 - 07:10 AM

I'm not a doctor or scientist, but I'm not sure that's how it works...

I'm willing to bet however that a relapse would only further complicate your issues.

I am sorry you are going through this and I really hope things improve for you. Please take care of yourself, you deserve happiness and wellness.

<3

• ofdeepwaters and Lil Strawb like this

gallery_4356_2145_32545.jpg

#3 ofdeepwaters

ofdeepwaters

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia PA

Posted 17 June 2020 - 07:51 PM

I'm not a doctor or scientist, but I'm not sure that's how it works...

I'm willing to bet however that a relapse would only further complicate your issues.

I am sorry you are going through this and I really hope things improve for you. Please take care of yourself, you deserve happiness and wellness.

<3

Thank you! You’re probably right. I’m just kind of desperate to feel better, hate feeling powerless, am afraid of surgery, and relapse whenever I’m stressed out anyway.

It’s rough! I will try to do better though.
gallery_345705_32770_3008.jpg

#4 Nikkitikki

Nikkitikki

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 12:08 PM

On my ct scan they could see changes in the size due to starvation. I’m not sure how much but was quite a bit affected I remember

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users