Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

• Please log in to reply
200 replies to this topic

#1 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16932 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:17 PM

This thread is designed for personal use, as well as use by others. My goal is to achieve ever increasing athletic fitness as well as ever improving flexibility, mobility, and control. Routines are intended to average out around two hours, give or take half an hour. Videos are chosen to be easy to do at home.

Video routines should hopefully be somewhere between an hour and a half to two hours or barely over, and you are more than welcome to put together enough videos to post your own. If you do that, pay attention to labeling the first post as the start of the routine and the last as the end of it, and approximate the duration of the entire sequence. it is easy to edit mpa posts as there isn't a time limit upon it. Two lines of personal feedback under each video is also nice.

I'm currently working on exercising through all the videos I've chosen, and writing personal feedbacks upon each. I am also starting to try and organize their sequences into daily workout routines. So give me a bit of time (several weeks at least) to organize their order while moving in and out  and reordering videos.

Flexibility Option: After exercising through every video and every routine, I have come to the conclusion that I really need to work upon and increase my flexibility. I enjoy the videos as they are, and how every routine I've set up is structured and ordered, and how kickboxing is placed at the end. But I personally need to be able to do high leg lifts, high kicks, and eventually the splits, all of which aught to be achievable through a lot of stretching, correct posture, and the correct hip tilt.

09140828fdb849ad1a9347aa8467cf6d_collect

The following is what I've come up with for the Flexibility/Mobility Routine Option:

1. Each routine equals one day of video workout;

2. Flexibility/Mobility Routines number 31, 32, and 33 should be conducted twice over, in a row during the course of six days, before starting upon Routine number 1;

3. There are 30 routines, excluding routine numbers 31, 32, and 33. Follow each in order, and after every three, repeat routine numbers 31, 32, and 33 in order;

4. In all, this would mean six initial days of stretching out, 30 days of flexibility/mobility routines, and 30 days of doing routine numbers 31, 32, and 33, so 66 days;

5. Whenever finished, repeat, but without doubling the flexibility/mobility starting workout, so that each time through will be 60 days.

Extending out muscles, flexibility, and mobility (the ability to control flexible muscles) takes time, and should be practiced over time.

Flexibility/Mobility Routine Option: Start off by doing Routines 31, 32, and 33 each twice over, then start with Workout Routine #1.

Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Alternate the above turns for 31, 32, and 33 with Routine 34 and Exercise Ball Routines 1 and 2.

Before Routine 1 / After 15 --- Mid-Interval Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Do Routines 31 to 34, and Exercise Ball Routines 1 and 2 before continuing.

Additional Notes: Starting on Page 8, after the Exercise Ball Routines, are videos that can be done to access flexibility and motion problems.

After those videos, is a section I'm currently tossing together to highlight the videos that I view as being most beneficial from all routines.

Good way to start a short intervals beginners routine... Workout Routine #1 - Start

Personal feedback: simple easy to do exercises in 30 second intervals, good for stretching, enjoyable.

Would do this one again, and might be a nice part of a daily routine. Hits a lot of different locations.

Personal feedback: one minute long intervals are a bit less fun than the 30 second intervals of the previous video.

This video was okay, but unlike the one before it I wouldn't want to do it every day. I'm not really into lying down exercises.

I am 5'11" and typically have under 10 lbs. of fat on me, so off of the feet exercises can be a bit painful bones upon skin wise.

If you like this thread be sure to give at least the first post a like, otherwise feel free to message me, I'm frequently around.

• inlovewme, Gain(e)s, gourleygirl and 4 others like this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#2 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 02:18 PM

Personal feedback: basic arm stretching exercises, my favorite swan arms video was taken off of youtube. 

Not much use for me as I already do similar exercises in my evening routine. Good video to do when resting legs.

Personal feedback: basic lunge exercises, not lasting a long time around 15 to 20 seconds each perhaps.

Felt more like a learning lunges video than like a more serious routine. Decent video when resting the upper body.

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#3 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

Personal feedback: Easy and enjoyable 40 second sets of light standing exercises that I don't actually do.

This video would work well with the first video at the top of the page. Makes me want to try more of her videos.

Personal feedback: Easy arm exercises, just a change in my normal variety except for arm circles which I do daily.

Good relaxing, catch your breath while stretching sort of video, which allows for easy transition into any other exercising.

• Skinnychick85 likes this

#4 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 04:58 PM

Personal feedback: Easy to do and to follow warm up exercises, gets blood flowing while providing stretches.

Some getting down upon the floor, but absolutely nothing to complain about, and nothing really disturbs the flow.

--- All videos up to this point were pretty good, and were nice to follow back to back in order. So I might choose to do that again.

Personal feedback: Easy half hour of exercise with way too many breaks and an instructor that acts like an out of shape diva, she moans a lot.

Her boyfriend films, and there are three different one minute breaks where you get to see their expensive vacations. Exercises were fine though.

#5 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 19 June 2020 - 04:59 PM

Personal feedback:  I haven't done these exercises before, and at no time do I ever want to as they seem a bit made up.

My objective is to expose my body to different movements and motions and stretches. A bit harder to follow than the other videos.

Personal feedback: Enjoyed the start of the video with all the arm circling and shaking exercises, which I'm sure was great for circulation.

This video was like listening to a narrator who wanted to be a funny gypsy, and it went downhill and was harder to follow the further into it I went.

All videos add up to just under two hours.  Times through: 2

Good way to end a short intervals beginners routine... Workout Routine #1 - End

#6 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 10:39 AM

Good way to start a dance cardio, balance, abs, and jumps routine... Workout Routine #2 - Start

Personal feedback:  Five songs, a little bit of confusion on keeping leg motions inline with arm and body motions, which results in freeform.

Dance exercise video, so its more about trying to look nice while following along. Trouble is that I'm not really that talented at following the leader.

Personal feedback:  Less footwork than the first one, so a bit easier to follow that way, and has bit more deep stretches. Still ended up being a bit freeform.

Problem with these exercise dance videos, it that its kind of like going dancing at a club only without the after sex. As such, it leaves a bit to be desired, so to speak.

#7 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 10:49 AM

Personal feedback:  More exercise routine focussed than the above two dance videos, but the mechanical nature of it resulted in inferior dance.

Four songs, the third song involved exercises that required getting down onto the floor. The video was okay, but the flow could have been better.

Personal feedback: I found this to be more of a stretching video than a balancing video, but given all the other videos I've done I needed a stretch.

The problem with this video is the amount of downtime being spent on trying to communicate with the audience. That disrupted the flow too much.

#8 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:03 AM

Personal feedback:  Need to skip 1:46 into the video in order to avoid listening to how great the girl's life is and how wonderful her boyfriend is.

Easy pace, easy exercises, not hard to exercise through the cool off transition periods. My over exercised limbs felt less sore after doing these exercises.

Personal feedback: Quick and easy workout, and felt good to do high leg kicks. This is an enjoyable video that increased my energy a bit.

There are two girls in this video following instructions, and they aren't always doing the exercises in the same way. Best to focus on one of them.

#9 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:33 PM

Personal feedback: Start one minute end, run out of exercises at around seven and a half minutes, so its basically a six and a half minute energetic routine.

The actual routine wasn't that bad, other than its more of a follow the leader type of thing where you try to catch up in doing what she did with little to no warning.

Personal feedback:  Again, can skip around 45 seconds in. Not really a hip hop video, but at least there were some moves not covered by the other videos.

The video was okay, and kept one moving, but I would have really liked this to have been more dance oriented, rather than simply just another basic routine.

#10 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 20 June 2020 - 02:56 PM

Personal feedback:  Cardio exercise video with two stretches at the end, which is always a nice way to end a video. Video was worth doing.

The girls were breathing a bit too hard and going on about being worn out. I always find that a bit comical, cause shouldn't they already be fit?

Personal feedback:  I liked the exercises a lot, but several were on the floor and I don't really have a good screen view when transitioning from standing to floor.

The key thing to know is that when exercises come to an end there will be a low sounding beep. I really wish this video had vocal dialog explaining out each part.

At this point, I've completed and commented upon 10 videos two days in a row. I don't believe I shall keep up going at this pace. I'm currently on Fasting Day 4, and even when doing videos such as these I still put in my every evening 2.5 hour routine. I will be adding and commenting upon more videos, just not 10 per day.

Good way to end a dance cardio, balance, abs, and jumps routine... Workout Routine #2 - End

#11 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:41 PM

Good way to start a standing abs and legs routine... Workout Routine #3 - Start

Not sure how many videos I'll be trying out and posting feedback on today. I'm on Fasting Day 5, and my thighs are sore all the way from muscle hip attachments to my kneecaps. After whatever videos I go over, I'll put in my regular 2.5 hour evening exercise routine. Tomorrow is a food day. So far I've enjoyed all the videos.

Personal feedback: This proved to be a good starting exercise for low intensity warming up and stretching out.

I don't really like breaks between exercises, but easy to exercise through those. I added in stretches during the downtimes.

Personal feedback: Another low intensity, easy to do video with stretching out exercises that felt good and effectively relieves tension.

The exercises were done twice over, and without wasted time between exercises. This would be a good video to do again whenever sore.

#12 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:42 PM

Personal feedback: Quick and easy arms stretching with arm movements that aren't in my normal routine.

Was a really good video to follow the two videos immediately above this post. I'd do all three videos in order again.

Note: Wide-knee mountain climbers; the wider forward/outward the knee is brought stretches hips more.

Personal feedback: Five minute video witch shorter rep durations than what I would have found as being more comfortable.

A bit different exercises, so at least the part about adding a bit more variety into my routine was good. Don't wait for her to explain anything.

#13 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

Personal feedback: Thoroughly enjoyable 5 minute legs routine which made my legs feel nice, more so at the start.

Would go well with the first three videos that I did on the day. I really like how this girl narrates her videos. Easy to follow.

Personal feedback: 6 minute video with 20+ minutes of constant talking and lecturing crammed into it. Nice stretches.

Not a video to watch if you are fighting with anyone. Otherwise, the actual exercises were nice, and varied from others.

#14 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 02:43 PM

Note: A floor knee cushion is highly advisable to have and use for this side-stretch video.

Personal feedback: Only one exercise, one leg on floor side stretches. I need to extend out how far I can bend.

The best way I figured out to do these is to put a hand on the top of the bent knee hip and the other hand on my ribs.

Personal feedback: A good video for stretching out my legs in terms of trying to increase range of motion extensions.

The leg circle exercises are better done reversing the direction of the circles while working on each side. Should do this again.

#15 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:24 PM

Personal feedback: Enjoyable exercises, performed twice over with a one minute intermission between them.

I don't like breaks, so I just exercised through them as though they didn't exist. Did jumping jacks at intermission.

Personal feedback: Easy balancing exercises that for some reason seemed to give the trainer some difficulties.

Not quite sure if any of the exercises helped me any, but then again I like to do balancing and extension exercises.

Wasn't my plan to complete another ten videos today, but I'm glad I did. My thighs no longer feel sore, so today's videos did loosen them up. Now I just have to do my normal evening 2.5 hour routine, that is after setting out some food for my backyard visiting raccoon and possum friends. I love the nocturnal backyard wildlife.

All videos add up to just under an hour and a half.  Times through: 2

Good way to end a standing abs and legs routine... Workout Routine #3 - End

--- Flexibility/Mobility Routine Option: Repeat Routines 31, 32, and 33 before continuing.

--- Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Do Routines 31, 32, and 33 before continuing.

--- Mid-Interval Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Repeat Routines 31, 32, and 33 before continuing.

#16 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Good way to start an all around routine... Workout Routine #4 - Start

Personal feedback: Five minutes of several different ways of doing lunges makes for a really good short workout.

I liked the jumping lunges as I believe them to be beneficial for increasing range of motion. The trainer became winded.

Personal feedback: Same trainer with just about the same squat exercises as previously, she was even more winded this time.

Not much variety between the two videos, but the extra time spent on squats is surely beneficial as five minutes is a bit too short.

#17 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Personal feedback: Not much of a fan of this video, goes through a set of exercises, takes a break, then repeats.

Male narrates as female exercises, just reminds me too much of ana coaches whom I've always taken a stand against.

Personal feedback: Same creepy guy narrating while the female exercises, but a lot of different exercises completed only once.

This video wasn't bad. With the kickboxing theme, there is a lot of jabbing, but I can't say the jabbing actually helps improve jobbing.

#18 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:25 PM

Personal feedback: Though I am building up a sweat, I'm still not impressed by the male narration of this video.

I was tossed off a few times while following along as the guy kept on about how to get the most out of the motions.

Personal feedback: This video has some jump exercises towards the end which I like to get in. The female trainer did her own talking.

As i was already sweating before going into this video, I continued to sweat. As typical with this series, combination movements fail to be that congruent.

Today was a food day, so I'm going to stop here. Didn't like today's videos as much as those that I did during the first two days, so I'm not a fan of Fitness Blender.

That is a bit harsh, or misleading, as the non-male narrated Fitness Blender videos are a bit more enjoyable.

#19 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 21 June 2020 - 04:25 PM

Personal feedback: Another excellent video by this trainer who clearly knows what she is doing, as well as how to have fun with it.

I wish all of her videos were performed on the feet, but even so, she still makes several of them. Though short, it was a nice workout.

Personal feedback: 20 minutes of exercise at a modest speed, unfortunately I did not find most of the exercises beneficial or worth doing again.

I felt like this was a made for in prison type of video, where looking and acting tough and like you could beat someone up was the main message.

#20 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 16932 posts

Posted 22 June 2020 - 01:24 AM

Personal feedback: Stretching type video with a trainer that doesn't look like she could beat up anyone, but her focus is being beautiful. She is so slender.

Not a bad video, but if you try to overstretch it is possible to injure yourself, and watching the screen is kind of hard when her head is coupled in with her stretches.

Personal feedback: Highly enjoyable well flowing stretching out video with high leg rises that stand a good chance of increasing my range of motion.

This is a video I'd like to do more often. It also points out at the start that cats need a bit of time to clear out before exercising. Also notes not to back into walls.

This completes the first thread page. I enjoyed most of the videos so far, except Zumba and some of the Fitness Zone videos, as I had previously mentioned.

Good way to end an all around routine... Workout Routine #4 - End

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

By 2468skinny in I’ve Been Here Before...Seeing Where It Goes , on 29 August 2020 - 09:23 PM

Source: Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users