Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines - Page 11 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#201 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17494 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 17 September 2020 - 03:15 PM

Thaaanks a lot
Theu are the videos of tomorrow may allah allow.

Envoyé de mon HTC U12+ en utilisant Tapatalk

Yah, most if not all of those videos are outside of my current reach. I'd just be really happy if I could ever do a needle some day, well along with high leg kicks, high leg extensions, and every type of splits. Its nice to have a wish list, and something to look forwards to and work towards. I'm sticking to page 9 routines for now.

This is one of the things I want to be able to do:

• AgathaChristie likes this

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#202 AgathaChristie

AgathaChristie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 979 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 08:11 AM

Should I exercise if I already feel hot because of summer?

"Although this mirror can show a reflection, it cannot show you the truth." - Ai Haibara

#203 AgathaChristie

AgathaChristie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 979 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:28 AM

I tried the first workout routine starting from the first video but I was really tired after the warmup video which is the 6th I guess so not perfect but I enjoyed it anyways

"Although this mirror can show a reflection, it cannot show you the truth." - Ai Haibara

#204 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:02 AM

Should I exercise if I already feel hot because of summer?

Though often more difficult and tiring, especially if humidity is a problem, the warmer it is the more muscles are warmed and the stretchier they become making it the ideal time to elongate out muscles with warmup/stretching videos. If you are doing exercise videos its a good idea to exercise under a ceiling fan or with air conditioning on, mainly as the air can feel a bit stale and you may sweat a bit more worsening the air quality. I'm in Texas, so until now its been over a hundred degrees fahrenheit on a daily basis for quite a long time.

I tried the first workout routine starting from the first video but I was really tired after the warmup video which is the 6th I guess so not perfect but I enjoyed it anyways

I think its something like the first fifteen are fairly easy, so they are good to get into shape with. When getting into shape you should take it a bit easier on yourself as you need your muscles and energy level to both recover easily enough by the next day. So I suggest doing what you can until you tire, and if you want to do more, then do the following four stretching videos which are very beneficial even when done on a daily basis as they make the body, especially the muscles, feel good with minimal effort.

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#205 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:03 AM

I prefer to do these with forearms pressed together to open up greater shoulder range of motion.

--- Note: Since stretching has become my goal, the above four videos are the ones I like to warmup upon, unless my time is too short.

#206 AgathaChristie

AgathaChristie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 979 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 11:56 AM

Though often more difficult and tiring, especially if humidity is a problem, the warmer it is the more muscles are warmed and the stretchier they become making it the ideal time to elongate out muscles with warmup/stretching videos. If you are doing exercise videos its a good idea to exercise under a ceiling fan or with air conditioning on, mainly as the air can feel a bit stale and you may sweat a bit more worsening the air quality. I'm in Texas, so until now its been over a hundred degrees fahrenheit on a daily basis for quite a long time.

I think its something like the first fifteen are fairly easy, so they are good to get into shape with. When getting into shape you should take it a bit easier on yourself as you need your muscles and energy level to both recover easily enough by the next day. So I suggest doing what you can until you tire, and if you want to do more, then do the following four stretching videos which are very beneficial even when done on a daily basis as they make the body, especially the muscles, feel good with minimal effort.

Thanks a lot,sir

• seasnake likes this

#207 AgathaChristie

AgathaChristie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 979 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 03:56 AM

I was examined yesterday and was told to stop exerciaing and do a radiograph for my knee because the cartilages are bad and was advised against squats and bike exercises I also was told I will nees physiotherapy for both my knee and snapping hip to strengthen the muavles around in order to heal properly.....sad news

• seasnake likes this

#208 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 01:49 PM

I was examined yesterday and was told to stop exerciaing and do a radiograph for my knee because the cartilages are bad and was advised against squats and bike exercises I also was told I will nees physiotherapy for both my knee and snapping hip to strengthen the muavles around in order to heal properly.....sad news

My knees were a problem at the start of getting back into shape as well. Felt like bone against bone, they clicked they cracked, they hurt. I imagine I would have been told the same thing by those who make a profit off of such things. I also knew the situation would resolve itself over time the more in shape I became. Nutritional supplements and easy to do exercises help to restore. I do squats all the time now, no knee problems anymore. I would not do any exercise that felt like it was stressing and causing pain to any area, though I would often see if I could modify what I had wanted to do so that there would be no pressure or pain. Restoring mobility without pressing into exercises that bother the problems helps to improve circulation as the body rebuilds. Stretching and mobility exercises are typically what one should start with when getting back into shape as they tend to uncover problems while slowly working them out, and loosened up muscles don't injure as much when moving over to cardio and other forms of exercise. There are all types of physiotherapy do at home videos on youtube for pretty much any problem one may have, so it is fairly easy anymore to look up any problems and see what various professionals says works. Sometimes they contradict one another. Anyways, good luck in whatever you do. The most important thing at the start of things is simply not to hurt or injure oneself, and normally one can easily enough tell.

#209 AgathaChristie

AgathaChristie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 979 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 04:44 AM

This thread is designed for personal use, as well as use by others. My goal is to achieve ever increasing athletic fitness as well as ever improving flexibility, mobility, and control. Routines are intended to average out around two hours, give or take half an hour. Videos are chosen to be easy to do at home.

Video routines should hopefully be somewhere between an hour and a half to two hours or barely over, and you are more than welcome to put together enough videos to post your own. If you do that, pay attention to labeling the first post as the start of the routine and the last as the end of it, and approximate the duration of the entire sequence. it is easy to edit mpa posts as there isn't a time limit upon it. Two lines of personal feedback under each video is also nice.

I'm currently working on exercising through all the videos I've chosen, and writing personal feedbacks upon each. I am also starting to try and organize their sequences into daily workout routines. So give me a bit of time (several weeks at least) to organize their order while moving in and out and reordering videos.

Flexibility Option: After exercising through every video and every routine, I have come to the conclusion that I really need to work upon and increase my flexibility. I enjoy the videos as they are, and how every routine I've set up is structured and ordered, and how kickboxing is placed at the end. But I personally need to be able to do high leg lifts, high kicks, and eventually the splits, all of which aught to be achievable through a lot of stretching, correct posture, and the correct hip tilt.

09140828fdb849ad1a9347aa8467cf6d_collect

The following is what I've come up with for the Flexibility/Mobility Routine Option:

1. Each routine equals one day of video workout;

2. Flexibility/Mobility Routines number 31, 32, and 33 should be conducted twice over, in a row during the course of six days, before starting upon Routine number 1;

3. There are 30 routines, excluding routine numbers 31, 32, and 33. Follow each in order, and after every three, repeat routine numbers 31, 32, and 33 in order;

4. In all, this would mean six initial days of stretching out, 30 days of flexibility/mobility routines, and 30 days of doing routine numbers 31, 32, and 33, so 66 days;

5. Whenever finished, repeat, but without doubling the flexibility/mobility starting workout, so that each time through will be 60 days.

Extending out muscles, flexibility, and mobility (the ability to control flexible muscles) takes time, and should be practiced over time.

Flexibility/Mobility Routine Option: Start off by doing Routines 31, 32, and 33 each twice over, then start with Workout Routine #1.

Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Alternate the above turns for 31, 32, and 33 with Routine 34 and Exercise Ball Routines 1 and 2.

Before Routine 1 / After 15 --- Mid-Interval Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Do Routines 31 to 34, and Exercise Ball Routines 1 and 2 before continuing.

Additional Notes: Starting on Page 8, after the Exercise Ball Routines, are videos that can be done to access flexibility and motion problems.

After those videos, is a section I'm currently tossing together to highlight the videos that I view as being most beneficial from all routines.

Good way to start a short intervals beginners routine... Workout Routine #1 - Start

Personal feedback: simple easy to do exercises in 30 second intervals, good for stretching, enjoyable.
Would do this one again, and might be a nice part of a daily routine. Hits a lot of different locations.

Personal feedback: one minute long intervals are a bit less fun than the 30 second intervals of the previous video.
This video was okay, but unlike the one before it I wouldn't want to do it every day. I'm not really into lying down exercises.

I am 5'11" and typically have under 10 lbs. of fat on me, so off of the feet exercises can be a bit painful bones upon skin wise.
If you like this thread be sure to give at least the first post a like, otherwise feel free to message me, I'm frequently around.

Done the first two videon then broke at the middle of the third...

• seasnake likes this

#210 AgathaChristie

AgathaChristie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 979 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 06:27 AM

Sorry i was stupid that i forgot to include the pic
Here it is
So as you can see in the arabesque to penché exercise she bends her supporting leg in the penchè which i didn't see in the videos you shared so I don't know exactly to do but I guess I will follow the ones in the videos since they arr professionals197e1fca72120cb687d31449b4b25228.jpg

Agin done 3 sets of each exercise in this workout except for the arabesque to penché one which I replaced with the three exercises down in this pic also didn't do the sautée jumps because I felt my legs so burned out then stretched the stretches in the last three pics
Also didn't do the v shaped variation of the bridge & getting close to feet in Bridge288a4f5499f08af4ba92112d7cb43cdc.jpg37c3c1168f7d6588b25d3c1e6c7ff83c.jpga182301cf8f389aa2830f613cc79b373.jpg637a6624baee5ea94d7fa8a4b375d3ea.jpg

• seasnake likes this

#211 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 26 September 2020 - 03:33 PM

#212 AgathaChristie

AgathaChristie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:48 AM

https://youtu.be/ziT4ERqtS04 this is adorable I have just finished it

• seasnake likes this

#213 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 11:53 AM

this is adorable I have just finished it

#214 AgathaChristie

AgathaChristie

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 979 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:04 PM

I noticed that my left leg doesn't lift to the side turned out but when turned in doesn't lift so what could be the reason?

• seasnake likes this

#215 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 03:45 PM

I noticed that my left leg doesn't lift to the side turned out but when turned in doesn't lift so what could be the reason?

The general reply I find online is that of tight and weak hamstring, hip, and lower back muscles. Some state that you need to get your arms involved in the movements. A backwards tilted hip can also be a problem, and I personally think hip and lower back tilts and deviations are to blame for people like me who have always been largely inflexible. I can't rightly tell you how to fix the issue, only what I'm doing myself to address it. One thing that helps me is to toss one foot high up onto a piece of furniture (I use a tall cat tree) and plant the other foot onto the ground as best as possible and then turn so the leg up high goes from being lifted up from the front to lifted up from the side and then after being in that position for a little bit turn again so that the leg is lifted up high from behind. Successfully done, this forces the leg to turn in the hip socket. Then the next thing I do that helps, which I'll do sometimes before the cat tree thing, is to get some sort of band, I use stretchy head bands, and loop it around a foot while using a chair on the other side to balance with. From there I'll use the band to practice lifts, turns, and swings with, quite often bending the lifted knee before going into them so that the motion will be a continuous flow. I figure by doing this type of stuff I'll be working on strengthening muscles as well as break up my hips so that they will essentially be forced into having to move into a more functional position. Another thing I find useful is tossing a leg onto a waist high dresser and doing the cat tree turns with it, but also lifting my legs up and down in pulse counts over the dresser which serves strictly for building up the muscles that engage when the leg is taken upwards past 90 degrees. I also like to do floor sits against a closed door where i'll press my hips as close to the door and as far down to the floor as I can before starting (I use the door as I can squeeze my hands underneath and pull myself tightly against it). With both legs together up straight and flat against the door and my back flat against the floor, I then lift one leg straight away from the door and do a set of those pulses before repeating on the other side. I also have a yoga brick, so I've been placing that under my chest while being face down towards the floor and then I arch my legs up the door while sliding towards the door as the brick slides along with me allowing me to get my legs up high as my hips bend back to enable the legs to go up. Seems to be helping me a lot, as I am making progress and haven't been injuring myself. Extreme caution is however in order as professionals don't instruct this.

#216 AmethystAna

AmethystAna

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4017 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:03 PM

I have snapping hip syndrome.
Here are some exercises *not a substitute for medical advice
https://www.michaelc...m/snapping-hip/
https://ppe.myhealth...spx?hwid=bo1646

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • seasnake and AgathaChristie like this

146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137

136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 

128 127 126 125 124 123

122 121 120 119 118 

117 116 115 114

113 112 111 

Gluten free-veg*n accountability

#217 AmethystAna

AmethystAna

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4017 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:07 PM

Thanks for sharing I love to see new workouts. Some of these I already know. I use a lot of Kathryn Morgan and Lazy dancer tips. I better get back in shape as I have been off from teaching fitness for months. When we reopen I will have no fitness. Not to mention I don’t remember my own choreography!

• seasnake likes this

146 145 144 143 142 141 140 139 138 137

136 135 134 133 132 131 130 129 

128 127 126 125 124 123

122 121 120 119 118 

117 116 115 114

113 112 111 

Gluten free-veg*n accountability

#218 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 27 September 2020 - 09:20 PM

I have snapping hip syndrome.
Here are some exercises *not a substitute for medical advice
https://www.michaelc...m/snapping-hip/
https://ppe.myhealth...spx?hwid=bo1646

Thanks, first link was nicely informative, but all the exercises in both the first and second link I've done on a daily basis for a long time now. I'm not sure if I'll ever be able to widen my legs further apart as 90 degrees in any direction seems to be both achieved and the limitation. As I'm delving deeper into the issue with highly questionable stretches and exercises that I make up on the spot, I've been cracking and popping my hips quite a bit which also seems to crack and pop my neck shortly afterwards. I'll figure out if increased range is ever going to be obtainable for me or if my socket bones are just imbedded too deep into their sockets. If I can increase lower back flexibility my hips might open up, otherwise they seem to be locked and frozen. For me, this is fun and entertaining to try and figure out.

From the first link:

Sometimes Snapping Hips Hurt, Sometimes They Don’t

That’s right – most people with snapping hip sounds don’t have any associated pain. Pain-free snapping in the hips is common, affecting 5–10% of the general population1, believe it or not.

These percentages increase in people who participate in sports or activities that require more extreme motions of the hips, such as:

• Ballet dancers
  • Soccer players
  • Weight lifters
  • Cyclists
  • Runners.

In fact, a recent survey reveals snapping of the hip in 90% of elite ballet dancers4It’s usually in these types of populations that the snapping can become painful and limiting.

What Is It That’s Actually Snapping In Your Hip?

Well, it depends…

Is the snapping on the outside of your hip? This usually is the result of your IT-band moving over your hip bone as you move your leg forward and back.

If snapping is in the front of your hip, it could be coming from movement of a hip flexor muscle or tendon (Iliopsoas) over the pelvis .

It should be noted – there’s also the possibility that snapping, popping, or clicking could be associated with a hip labral tear. If this is the case, you’re more likely to have additional symptoms like catching, locking, or a sharp stabbing sensation. 

-------------------------------------

After reassessing the 90 degree angle limitations that I've been encountering, I decided to take a look at what I can actually do that exceeds 90 degrees to near 180 degrees. There are two stretches in the following video that I can perform. The first is well displayed at 1:10 though its a bit difficult and sore for me. The second is well displayed at 2:04 and extends close to 180 degrees and is easy enough for me with just a little pain. I've also reversed the side of the bent knee to point out to the side that isn't towards the other leg, and that is a little bit more painful but still easy enough to do but not quite as far down yet. In any case, this should indicate that 180 degree front splits should at least be possible.

I figure I can work on trying to straighten my bend knee more forwards from both directions, somehow.

56ff3e3a0d3cde370a72051951e55893.jpeg

428da4f0863a193b4b3462989ed19f50.jpeg

Side lunges I struggle with, but half middle splits aren't much of a problem. So I should be able to do side splits.

Middle-Split-Top-9-stretches-preparation

Detailed instructions for the above diagram are at: https://fitzabout.co...es-preparation/.

7 Stretches For Doing The Splits That'll Help You Get More & More Flexible Over Time

https://www.elitedai...er-time-5531186

71da2841-1672-4f81-a231-ea3a5810bbd2-max

c190be6d-a1ec-4da6-8dde-2d7d909c5a44-max

9 Yoga Poses to Help You Get Into Full Splits

https://www.yogiappr...hes-for-splits/

Reclining Quad Stretch (Supta Matsyendrasana Variation)

cat-tail.jpg

How to Practice This Supta Matsyendrasana Variation

• Lie on your back and hug your knees to your chest
  • Grasp the top of your left foot, or your left ankle, with your right hand, and bring your left leg down to your mat
  • Hold your right shin with your left hand and continue to hug it to your chest
  • Keep your core engaged to protect your low back
  • Hold for 5-7 breaths on each side

Full Splits Pose With a Yoga Block Assist

split-block.jpg

How to Practice Full Splits Pose With a Yoga Block Assist

• Return to your Half Split Pose, and place a block under the glute of your front leg
  • Use your hands on either side of your hips to support your body as you lift your back knee off the ground and straighten it as much as you are able
  • Gently bring your hips back towards the mat, placing the glute of your front leg on your yoga block
  • Hold for 5-7 breaths each side

I need to work on some of these. Mainly to get my hips down while legs are positioned in good form.

#219 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:02 PM

#220 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 02:03 PM

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

By 2468skinny in I’ve Been Here Before...Seeing Where It Goes , on 29 August 2020 - 09:23 PM

Source: Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users