Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines - Page 6 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#101 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17494 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:14 PM

Personal feedback: This entire video series does a lot of things right. Easy exercises with 10 seconds to practice before going into each set, 30 second sets.

Four exercises that I'll likely modify a bit per round: 1. Star jacks; 2. Overhead high knees; 3. Multi-direction plank step jack; 4. Push step jacks. 

Personal feedback: This entire video series does a lot of things right. Easy exercises with 10 seconds to practice before going into each set, 30 second sets.

Four exercises I'll likely modify per round: 1. Modified burpee with calf raise; 2. Speed marching; 3. Step mountain climbers; 4. Quick lateral steps to calf raises. 

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#102 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Four exercises that I'll likely modify a bit per round: 1. Non-plyo butt kicks; 2. Modified burpee; 3. Non-plyo seal jacks ; 4. Seated cycles. 

Four exercises I'll likely modify per round: 1. Cross step jacks; 2. Reverse lunge arm wave; 3. Heel click to step mountain climbers ; 4. Modified crab toe touches. 

I'm glad tomorrow is a food day, as my muscles need both rest and nourishment at this point. For me, today is Fasting Day 3.

I'll take a day off from this video set in order to do a day of stretching videos as my muscles need rest recovery.

All videos add up to a bit under two hours.  Times through: 1

Good way to end the Cardio Fat Burn Video Series routine... Workout Routine #23 - End

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#103 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Good way to start the Cardio Fat Burn Video Series routine, finishing with dance cardio... Workout Routine #24 - Start

Four exercises that I'll likely modify a bit per round: 1. Non-plyo star jacks to thrust; 2. Mountain climbers; 3. Non-plyo reach jacks; 4. Speed marching. 

Six exercises that I'll likely modify a bit per round: 1. Speed heel kick squats; 2. High knees to pumps; 3. Overhead to normal step jacks ; 4. Butterfly crunch punches; 5. Side step jacks; 6. Slams, added after first round.

#104 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Six exercises that I'll likely modify a bit per round: 1. Squat lateral step jacks; 2. Reverse step punches; 3. Wide mountain climbers to plank step jack; 4. Butt kicks; 5. Lateral lunge arm swing; 6. High knee pulls, added after first round. 

Six exercises that I'll likely modify a bit per round: 1. Butt kick to overhead reverse lunge; 2. Non-plyo skipping, added after first round; 3. Squat walk to explosive squat; 4. Cross body butt kick; 5. Side reaches,added after first round; 6. Around the world knee pumps.

#105 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Six exercises that I'll likely modify a bit per round: 1. Heel touch to knee tap; 2. Non-plyo explosive squats; 3. Speed low walkouts; 4. Prisoner step to calf raise; 5. Predator step jacks; 6. Bicycle crunch. 

Personal feedback: 45 minute dance cardio, watch 'Alice' for modifications. Alice appears new to the routine. Keep moving, don't worry about messing up.

Fun and enjoyable dance cardio that feels good after all the Cardio Fat Burn videos. Nice to hear voices again, and these women are cheerful and having fun.

All videos add up to just over two hours.  Times through: 1

Good way to end the Cardio Fat Burn Video Series routine, finishing with dance cardio... Workout Routine #24 - End

--- Flexibility/Mobility Routine Option: Repeat Routines 31, 32, and 33 before continuing.

--- Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Do Routine 34 and Exercise Ball Routines 1 and 2 before continuing.

--- Mid-Interval Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Do Routines 31, 32, and 33 before continuing.

#106 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:31 PM

Good way to start an excellent limbering up, well-rounded, dance cardio routine... Workout Routine #25 - Start

Personal feedback: No nonsense, quick and fast, cardio dance follow along where cardio exercises and stretches have masterfully been interwoven for effectiveness.

Video starts with a nice stretching routine to warm up, and then goes headlong into the fast paced stuff. Excellent video for burning calories and increasing flexibility.

When the trainers break at just over 10 minutes, they resumes with arm exercises and then they move into leg kicking exercises. So this video has a lot of everything.

Personal feedback: They call this type of exercise routine 'Zumba', and I must say that it excels at loosening up the entire body while getting everything in.

Two minute stretching cool down at the end of the video. I felt so light and free going into this video after having completed the one before it. I'm a believer.

This is pretty much the intermission halfway point of this session's routine. I'm going to use it to get in some stretches before continuing as I feel the first two videos have really improved my limberness and I want to try and enhance that as much as I safely can. I might do some stretching videos after I complete this session.

#107 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 06:31 PM

Personal feedback: Low intensity moves at a nice pace, fits into dance cardio well, and continues to loosen up the hips, while also getting the arms involved.

This video requires a bit less energy than the two before it, but its different motions helps in balancing out the entire routine, while making the body feel better.

Personal feedback: This was a rest after the first three videos. The trainer recently gave birth, and everyone looked tired, and out of shape, and in need of breaks.

Some good hip motions in some of the exercises are surely a benefit to stretching out and loosening up the hips, which in turn helps to elongate leg extensions.

Really loosens up the hips. Good muscle recovery routine. Should help with flexibility and leg extensions.

All videos add up to a little under two hours.  Times through: 1

Good way to end an excellent limbering up, well-rounded, dance cardio routine... Workout Routine #25 - End

#108 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:03 PM

Good way to start a routine... Workout Routine #26 - Start

Personal feedback: Trainer appeared to be non-aerobically fit, so pace was slow and easy with momentary breaks. This makes the video easy to begin with.

Has arms and legs and kicks, so it isn't a bad warming up session, and also isn't bad for loosening up and extending out the body, especially arms and legs.

Personal feedback: Another kickcardio video where the trainer seemed a bit out of cardio shape. She drank quite a lot of water, kicks were beneficial.

Kind of hard to follow the trainer at times as she kept changing what she was doing, and another person doing modifications could have resolved that.

I didn't really like the stair climbers on the last video as the exercise wore a hole through the toe of my sock, which resulted in my big toe getting rug burnt.

The reason why I like to avoid down on the floor exercises as much as possible is that it seems very easy for me to injure myself when I'm down there.

#109 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 12 July 2020 - 07:12 PM

Personal feedback: Non-stop cardio kickboxing, where the trainer obviously didn't receive a memo from the first trainers to constantly take a break and a drink.

Way better than the starting two videos. Good routine, with an excellent and in cardio shape trainer. Exercises went fast, were easy to follow, and felt good together.

Personal feedback: Strong finishing routine, that is kind of fun, but high paced and challenging. Has a good starting warmup but lacks a finishing cool down.

The last two videos give a strong end to a fairly slow start that was aimed at loosening up the body and prepping for jabs and kicks. Excellent ending.

All videos add up to a little over than two hours.  Times through: 1

Good way to end a routine... Workout Routine #26 - End

#110 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:25 PM

Good way to start a martial arts, 'taekwondo', kicking cardio routine... Workout Routine #27 - Start

Personal feedback: Elemental movements that calms the body, while loosening it up, and taking your mind off of things, not really cardio given its lack of speed.

Good for pre-workout circulation, especially if muscles are still recovering a bit from previous sessions. Sometimes its good to move through things without pressure.

Personal feedback: Another slow flowing motions video that is designed to relax the body and the mind while circulating blood and stretching out muscles.

Not much for cardio, but again its an easy way to start a new routine that alleviates some problems that may have originated from previous workout sessions.

I'll do a few leg stretching exercises before continuing to the next videos. I figure if I spent the time to do two loosing up videos, I might as well take advantage of it.

#111 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:25 PM

Personal feedback: Just what my legs and hips needed, an easy going high kicking legs video that slowly stretches out the legs a bit before engaging.

I believe stretching out my legs a bit before entering this video helped a lot as I was able to do many of the kicks correctly, but lacked height on others.

Personal feedback: Starts with stretching exercises, than goes into some cardio, followed by some kicks, and then concludes with an outwards legs stretch.

Though the kicks were kicks covered in the previous video, after doing some cardio before them they were a bit harder to perform. I liked finishing with a stretch.

#112 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:26 PM

Personal feedback: Follow the leader Taekwondo done in levels and tests what you have learned: Level 1 is an eight and a half minute warmup and is easy to follow though; Level 2 alternates between kicks and regular cardio exercises, easy enough but lots of getting down onto the floor; Level 3 Is another cardio with kicking mix, only everything is more jumping focussed, and some leg kicks are new, so might to learn them: Level 4 is ending stretches. All levels roughly exceed eight minutes.

Personal feedback: This guy's intro was definitely flexibility goals for myself, though range of motion made me wonder if I could even do his workout video.

Luckily, the video was mostly about technique, and so all of it was doable, except not as high in legs as he could go. I did go higher than I thought I could have.

One is instructed to use a chair for a set of exercises. I found the chair not necessary, and therefore chose not to use it, as I've already built up leg stability.

#113 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 12:40 PM

Personal feedback: Short loosening up video bridging the gap between what we've done and the finishing routine video which shall focus on single leg balance.

Not really a fan of this video, but its short. The voice/sound is a bit hard to hear/understand, and it seemed like he would do stuff on one side, but not the other.

Personal feedback: A good cool down, or warm up, kicking routine, that mainly focusses upon building up core muscle strength for standing upon one leg at a time.

I have excellent standing on one leg balance due to an exercise routine I do every single day, so this was easy except for when one leg was extended high upwards.

All videos add up to just over two hours and ten minutes.  Times through: 1

Good way to end a martial arts, 'taekwondo', kicking cardio routine... Workout Routine #27 - End

--- Flexibility/Mobility Routine Option: Repeat Routines 31, 32, and 33 before continuing.

--- Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Do Routines 31, 32, and 33 before continuing.

--- Mid-Interval Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Do Routine 34 and Exercise Ball Routines 1 and 2 before continuing.

#114 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:24 PM

Good way to start a mixed kickboxing hiit cardio routine... Workout Routine #28 - Start

Personal feedback: Enjoyable loosening up routine, that relieves quite a lot of tension, especially when going into it sore. This was nice.

I slightly strained my right calf, and this video relieved some tension without aggravating it. The routine was a few minutes shorter than the video.

Personal feedback: Three run throughs of composite hiit cardio exercises where you can feel the body struggle a bit dealing with the transitions.

Long workout that is meant to tax and break down the muscles of the body a bit. Some of the muscles used I don't yet have adequately developed.

#115 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

Personal feedback: Cardio kickboxing routine with some foul language, but otherwise another highly enjoyable video that loosens up the body quite well.

Punches seems stronger than those thrown in other kickboxing videos. This was good cardio, yet relaxing, and not really demanding. Body feels a bit better.

Personal feedback: This is a high energy trainer providing a fast high intensity kickboxing routine that feels wonderful at the quickened pace that it goes at.

Loosens up tight muscles, which is important to me given a slightly strained calf. I was impressed by her body and muscle tone. I like when trainers appear fit.

#116 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:26 PM

Personal feedback: Glad that nobody could see me follow along, as my legs do not lift so high. I do what I can to follow along and my outer hips do feel it.

Somehow I missed some leg switches as I occasionally did one side without doing the other. The extensions make it clear that my hip attachments are tight.

Personal feedback: Did what I could, but my lack of hip mobility in terms of leg extensions and splits clearly holds me back. Hips will take me awhile.

Can't do tornado kicks, glad nobody could watch my failed attempts. Can't do froggy stretches, bent knee side won't drop. Can't do side splits, can do V's.

After this video, my strained left calf seems to have fully recovered. Somehow all those ridiculously failed tornado kick attempts seems to have resolved it.

All videos add up to a little over two hours.  Times through: 1

Good way to end a mixed kickboxing hiit cardio routine... Workout Routine #28 - Hiit

#117 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:28 PM

Good way to start a mixed fighting cardio routine... Workout Routine #29 - Start

Personal feedback: Short fighting cardio type of warmup, short sets with easy enough to following along to instructions, or follow the leader.

Enjoyable enough, it gets both arms and legs into play while enabling one running through the exercise sets to feel power behind their moves.

Personal feedback: Kind of a freelance fighting video that has slightly different directions per round, but can simply follow the leader to get through.

Not as in depth as kick boxing videos, but effective enough as a warm up leading into martial arts, kick boxing, or other similar lines of workout videos.

#118 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:29 PM

Personal feedback: Some kickboxing legs with cardio exercises mixed in starting in round 2 of 3 rounds. The trainer was struggling.

I always find it kind of funny when the trainers struggle with their fitness level on exercises that I routinely do and have zero issues with.

Personal feedback: Freelance shadowboxing time is over, as this video moves you from one exercise to another at a steady cardio pace.

Though the trainer offers you breaks, the breaks don't have their times included in the video, so its best to keep moving and following along.

#119 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 13 July 2020 - 01:38 PM

Personal feedback: Optional use of small hand weights, cardio kickboxing mix, that  helps develop speed. Trainer has really strong muscularly developed legs.

Guy talks too much at the start of the video as he explains what he wants out of everyone, which namely involves counting. As such, begin at the 6 minute mark.

Personal feedback: This makes a really nice ending stretching and recuperation video. No real power behind punches in this one, and nothing much on form.

Ending cardio feels good and does loosen up any muscles that may be tight and taking away any such pain and discomfort. Its a fun way to end things.

All videos add up to a good two hours.  Times through: 1

Good way to end a mixed fighting cardio routine... Workout Routine #29 - End

#120 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 03:19 AM

Good way to start a plyo cardio routine... Workout Routine #30 - Start

Personal feedback: Short exercise routine with some good exercises, but everything is rushed and cut too short making the video hard to exercise along with.

You only get in a couple reps of each exercise and as the video rushes into each new exercise, you really have to be good at being able to rush to follow along.

Personal feedback: A bit of dance cardio that could have included a lot more plyo than it did. I wound up doing 360 degree turn jumps rather than 180 degree turns.

Videos like this make me question just how fit the trainers are, as the routine was only ten minutes long and the guy was already complaining at the five minute mark.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

By 2468skinny in I’ve Been Here Before...Seeing Where It Goes , on 29 August 2020 - 09:23 PM

Source: Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users