Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines - Page 7 - Exercise - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

• Please log in to reply
229 replies to this topic

#121 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17494 posts
  • LocationHouston, we have a problem

Posted 14 July 2020 - 03:19 AM

Personal feedback: Set of ten plyo exercises done one exercise twice over (exercise, short break, same exercise), then just one more time again.

Lots of jumping around, but all of these exercises were performed on the feet, so none of the exercises required dropping or getting down onto the floor.

Personal feedback: Set of ten plyo exercises done one exercise twice over (exercise, short break, same exercise), and then the entire routine done again.

Today was a food day, and I had acid reflux going in, so I struggled not to throw up due to the reflux on this video. Trainer appeared winded after each exercise.

All videos add up to a little under two hours. Didn't enjoy this routine, might not do this one again. Times through: 1

Self note: Not a routine to do on a food day, especially one with acid reflux and sore legs and hips going in. Puking on the cat is not an option.

Good way to end a plyo cardio routine... Workout Routine #30 - End

--- Flexibility/Mobility Routine Option: Repeat Routines 31, 32, and 33 before starting over at Routine #1.

--- Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Do Routine 34 and Exercise Ball Routines 1 and 2 before starting over at Routine #1.

--- Mid-Interval Splits Training and Exercise Ball Option: Do Routines 31 to 34, and Exercise Ball Routines 1 and 2 before starting over at Routine #1.

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#122 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 03:20 AM

After having done these a few times, the largest gains are achievable by concentrating most all actions into opening up, breathing into, and relaxing out the hips.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stretching, Mobility, and Balancing Routines (31 to 33)... good to do in order, and to keep practicing in order to open up the hips and improve kicks and extensions. 

Good way to start a hips and legs stretching routine... Workout Routine #31 - Start

Personal feedback: Easy warm up stretching exercises of which there is no way in which I could ever kick my legs all the way up to my head.

Sometimes you just do what you are able to do at the stretching points you are able to actually get to. My straight leg kicks don't make it to even 45 degrees.

Personal feedback: All of the stretches in this video were easy to do, and easy enough for me to replicate, except my butterfly knees didn't go all the way down.

Some stretches felt a bit sore on my hips and legs, but both areas were already sore on me before doing the stretches. Its nice to be able to do everything.

I was once told that you are what you eat and then I just cried and cried and cried cause no matter how much I wanted to be one I just couldn't bring myself to eating a skinny person.

My threads:   The Fasting Game    My Fasting Game Spreadsheet    Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Routines    The Whoosh Effect    My Profile    My Pics

#123 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

I replay parts of this video over to be able to do circling exercises in opposite directions.

Personal feedback: Beginner stretches that you do as much as you can. One stretch uses a band/rope or whatever you can find. One uses a wall, or closed door.

I couldn't do the end straddle stretch. The most I could do there was like a V with my legs, which really wasn't the same thing, dropping forwards didn't happen.

Personal feedback: More beginner stretches that should be simple enough to do as displayed, except my joints don't really let me extend fully out as displayed.

It is difficult for me to have straight legs or to keep the flat of my feet on the floor, some bend seems to always be necessary, and is likely why I can't do lots of things.

#124 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Personal feedback: I don't feel so bad when I can't quite stretch like a seven or eight year old, or however old this girl is, and I like how she says "as far as you can."

I might not be able to do everything, or even do the stuff I can do that well, but this girl makes me feel like its okay to just do whatever I can without it being incorrect.

Personal feedback: She does a nice job in terms of being a trainer and coaching while one tries to follow along with her. Sometimes what we do looks different.

I'm just glad I was able to complete this entire routine. When you lack range of motion, you do what you can and modify as you must, and continue to keep going.

All videos add up to a good two hours.  Times through: 7

Second time through (completed 31,32, 33, then restarted) I was able to do all back arch exercises. Still can't do a split, but was able to extend out legs further.

Good way to end a hips and legs stretching routine... Workout Routine #31 - End

#125 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 03:30 AM

Good way to start a stretching and mobility routine... Workout Routine #32 - Start

Personal feedback: Lots of stretches, which I desperately needed as a few really hurt as I could feel tight muscles in full rebellion against the simple stretches.

I need to do this more often as I can tell that my muscles really need to be stretched and worked out in this way. Every exercise was doable and easy to perform.

Personal feedback: Harder and less enjoyable then the first video as I first struggled with figuring out what I was supposed to do, and I can't lift my legs back high.

I followed through the best that I could, and the movements were becoming easier at the end as my leg and hip muscles did give way, loosening up enough to matter.

#126 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:18 AM

Personal feedback: Uses a chair as a prop at the start, but I'll use equipment such as a chair if it helps to achieve flexibility. Stretches were easy to follow.

I could not do the end arching over backwards while grabbing ankles stretches. I did however arch my back some and come closer to handling them.

Personal feedback: Easy to perform, especially after the first videos of this routine, leg stretches that open up the hips. I still couldn't lift my straightened legs high.

Though not as challenging and interesting as the previous videos, this routine does help to get in the last little bit of needed stretches to help accomplish mobility.

#127 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:18 AM

Personal feedback: Several really good hip and back stretches that I personally needed, which made standing back up feel wobbly and weird.

The last stretch was the one I wanted to work upon as I can't spread my legs out wide or bend forwards. Trainer says to use a pillow to tilt hips.

Personal feedback: Pretty much a perfect ending video for the current routine as the video before it provides a good warm up and lead in for this.

Good video for learning a bit more about proper technique, which should be driven home by the teaching of techniques before it. This was beneficial.

All videos add up to around two and a quarter hours.  Times through: 7

I really should try and do flexibility and mobility routines upon final fasting days, as I clearly need them and they would assist with food day muscle recovery.

Good way to end a stretching and mobility routine... Workout Routine #32 - End

#128 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:13 PM

Good way to start a flexibility and balance routine... Workout Routine #33 - Start

Note: Some of these videos can be hard, so do what you can and strive for the day in which you can do everything in them. Cushions for the knees also help.

Personal feedback: Core leg exercises that are good for developing balance as one stands upon one leg at a time for each of the various exercises.

I do this type of exercise daily, so slightly different variations on what I regularly do is very nice for me. One simply can't put enough time into balance.

Personal feedback: I ran through this video twice as I worked out the same leg all the way through, and then repeated the video with the other leg.

The way I did it was very challenging, and outright painful, which I took as a sign that my legs really needed to do this. I need to do this video more often.

#129 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:14 PM

Personal feedback: Another legs/hips video that I needed.  My hips are resisting holding proper position but the exercises aren't as painful as the last video's.

If I continue alternating between videos similar to this, then I'd imagine that my hips and legs won't have any choice but to develop proper postural form.

Personal feedback: This routine seems very long, but I like it how Alexi lets us know what is supposed to hurt by constantly tossing in ouchy comments.

The ending exercises really help my legs to be able to extend further out and lift further upwards. I really want to be able to do kicks and lift straight legs high.

#130 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Personal feedback: Until the end, these are simple foot and leg exercises that really serve to loosen up and circulate, as well as relieve built up tensions.

I struggle to do the last exercise that is performed with heal raised. I still need to be able to lift my straight legs up higher. Hard to do bent leg coming down.

Personal feedback: Short video that does more of the one leg balancing central core building exercises that I enjoy to focus upon and perform.

These particular exercises seemed to take the outer hips pressing in pressure away. Bending my standing knee was challenging upon both sides.

#131 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

The following video is extremely difficult and torturous for me. It is fortunate that Alexia is funny and cute;

Leg extensions are hard as I can't pass 90 degrees, as my lower spine seems to bend where it shouldn't:

Personal feedback: Shorter than Alexi's previous video, but these were incredibly hard for me to perform as I have to work on increasing range of motion a bit more.

I'm hoping this becomes easier to perform the more that I work on getting my hips properly tilted and and can do leg extensions a bit easier. Good video if I can do it.

The following video has a lot of down on the knees exercises; floor knee pad cushions are nice to use:

Personal feedback: On the floor flowing back stretches, which I believe help my back flow into arches a bit easier. My cat failed to follow and kept attacking my arm.

This video is a bit hard on my knees giving the hardness of the floor and the rug I exercise upon. As such, it would be beneficial to have and to use knee cushions.

#132 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

Personal feedback: More one leg balancing exercises, where these are performed quite slowly as they focus upon form and freeing up the hip sockets.

It is clear that my hips aren't tilted quite right yet, especially my right hip, as grabbing hold of my lifted foot and extending up backwards gives me difficulty.

Personal feedback: Five fundamental exercises for back flexibility that I can't really do yet, as I can't get my back to arch backwards like she can.

I'll have to use and do what I can with an exercise ball until its possible to arch my back backwards without one. My neck also needs arching improvement.

All videos add up to a little under two hours.  Times through: 7

Good end to start a flexibility and balance routine... Workout Routine #33 - End

#133 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:00 PM

1_24.jpg

At this point, I'm going to start over as all the kickboxing videos have driven home the notion that I really need to be working on my leg extensions and hip mobility. They are going to take awhile. It shall take around a month to work myself back to the cardio kickboxing videos, and I really want to see if there is any improvement.

My plan is to do my own leg and hip stretches, though I might periodically toss in some stretching videos. Without being able to do leg extensions, there is no need for me to try and work on any form of splits. Before I make a splits routine I'll have to be able to do, or at least much better perform, pre-splits basic stretches. I'm not even close to doing those yet. I'll figure out what helps.

Any routines added beyond this post, I don't intend to do until after i complete everything before this point for the second time.

---- I might add more flexibility and mobility routines, as it looks like I should do one on the final fasting day of each fasting period (I never eat two days in a row).

Note to self: I need to work upon Workout Routine #32... Stretching and Mobility Routine.

I'll conduct stretching routines 31, 32, and 33 at least once more before starting over on the others. I forget how good 31 is, but 32 and 33 are essential for me.

The three stretching, mobility, and balancing routines are placed in good order. 31 are easy stretches, 32 is a bit harder, and 33 ends up with balancing.

#134 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:24 PM

Following video is simply corrective, and isn't going to be part of a routine:

The simple moving head forward and back in a straight line (first video at 4:44) helps me a lot.

Times through: 1

---- I might also do an exercise ball routine, though it is equipment, its good for mobility and balance as well as elongated stretches and the back, and I already have a ball at home, and its my thread, so if it adds well into what I myself do, then I see no reason not to put some time in to include it.

https://www.youtube.... ball exercises

#135 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 06:27 PM

runners-lunge.jpg

Flexibility Option: After exercising through every video and every routine, I have come to the conclusion that I really need to work upon and increase my flexibility. I enjoy the videos as they are, and how every routine I've set up is structured and ordered, and how kickboxing is placed at the end. But I personally need to be able to do high leg lifts, high kicks, and eventually the splits, all of which aught to be achievable through a lot of stretching, correct posture, and the correct hip tilt.

The following is what I've come up with for the Flexibility/Mobility Routine Option:

1. Each routine equals one day of video workout;

2. Flexibility/Mobility Routines number 31, 32, and 33 should be conducted twice over, in a row during the course of six days, before starting upon Routine number 1;

3. There are 30 routines, excluding routine numbers 31, 32, and 33. Follow each in order, and after every three, repeat routine numbers 31, 32, and 33 in order;

4. In all, this would mean six initial days of stretching out, 30 days of flexibility/mobility routines, and 30 days of doing routine numbers 31, 32, and 33, so 66 days;

5. Whenever finished, repeat, but without doubling the flexibility/mobility starting workout, so that each time through will be 60 days.

09140828fdb849ad1a9347aa8467cf6d_collect

#136 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 25 July 2020 - 07:07 PM

These are all of the routines I wanted to create. As such, I don't plan on making any others (outside of perhaps advanced stretches if I'm ever able to perform those). I will however adjust the ones I have when need be, especially if any of the videos become blocked. I don't believe advanced stretches, such as splits, or complicated kicks, should be included in the origin routine order, so it would work well to add such routines as those on later.

If you enjoyed this thread, and hopefully the routines, give the first post a like.

• asteria.nyx likes this

#137 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:47 AM

Videos not in a routine, but if done as a routine would be a bit over two hours, which includes skipping two of three of Alexia's last videos.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wishful thinking videos in terms of splits... followed by other videos I don't intend to have in an actual routine, but might be helpful in achieving stuff:

Update: Decided to call this a splits training routine... Workout Routine #34, though wasn't planning on it being a routine.

Good way to start a splits training routine... Workout Routine #34

Note to self: I should periodically practice the first video to determine if its always going to be such torture to me. It does have a high probability of helping.

This video is like pure torture, so it likely helps me a lot. I have to stop at the 24 minute mark as I simply can't approach doing splits yet. Good for practice.

I did what I could, but like the video before this, I could not even approach doing the attempt into the splits portion. The above video was a bit better than this one.

That said, OMG!!! look at this guy's neck, it is totally unreal, well, perhaps not for a giraffe.

#138 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:53 AM

I prefer having this side splits video before doing Alexia's front split videos, but I can't spread my legs out wide enough to enable me to fall and stretch forwards.

If doing this section as a routine, then choose one of the following three videos:

Short and simple routine, but my replication of what Alexia does is pretty abstract and far from what she does. Just have to be okay doing that which is possible.

#139 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 02:55 AM

I'm not at this level yet. Stretching exercises aren't much different than what I've had before, but I'm unable to do this video after completing the videos before it.

Not going to attempt this one yet, given that I totally bailed on the intermediate video as my legs had already had enough. Best to choose just one Alexia's last three.

#140 seasnake

seasnake

Serpent God of Fasting

• Accountability access
  • 17494 posts

Posted 27 July 2020 - 03:09 AM

Decided to replace informative videos with ones I can exercise with.

A short video of standing leg balancing exercises, which simply feel good after being down on the floor.

Back leg lifts and extensions, a bit painful and can really feel it in the hips. Play video once through per side.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

From: Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

By 2468skinny in I’ve Been Here Before...Seeing Where It Goes , on 29 August 2020 - 09:23 PM

Source: Youtube Exercise Videos (No-Equipment): Organized into Workout Routines

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users