ARFID recovery with anorexia - ARFID - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

ARFID recovery with anorexia

2 replies to this topic

#1 skinn-annd-bonnes

skinn-annd-bonnes

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1533 posts
  • LocationChewandswallow

Posted 20 June 2020 - 11:58 PM

I’ve been making a lot of progress with my ARFID, but I’m worried that trying new foods will make me put on weight and stuff. Anyone going through something similar?
  • SilentlySilent, hungryb0nes, stkitty and 1 other like this
¿

#2 SilentlySilent

SilentlySilent

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 11:43 PM

I have AN and AFRIDS has limited my food types to only about 5 different foods. 

But I try every single new food that comes out which fits into my AFRID requirements.

When I got out of my treatment Clinic, I had created precooked meals for dinner and planned breakfast and lunches.

The snacks in between for Morning tea and afternoon tea I tended to rotate through different snacks so the serving sizes still matched. 

So the snacks were meals/foods that I allowed to be more flexible with swapping possible new foods in and if it didn't work out then it was ok since it could be swapped back to what it was.

If you do not like the new food you can always give it to other friends to try out or family members too.

#3 stkitty

stkitty

Advanced Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1781 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 09:59 AM

Yeah my "rules" around ARFID have always been incredibly rigid and I followed them by default.

I also got way too into nutrition because of AN, so I think honestly a good chunk of my safe foods are just not calorically dense enough to "do" anything? If anything, ARFID has made recovery harder - the social aspect of eating has always been wack for me.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users