Skin at corners of mouth won’t heal - Beauty, Health and Wellness - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Skin at corners of mouth won’t heal

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Thinner092

Thinner092

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4607 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:34 AM

So my mouth corners are dry and cracking. Yuck. One side has been this way for a week. I’ve tried using Shea butter lip balm and it soothes the pain but it’s not healing. What would you do? I’ll take any idea?

I’m not malnourished right now. My BMI is 17.

#2 compost

compost

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 2546 posts
  • Locationapartment 8j

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:42 AM

I have the SAME problem, except it's one corner of my mouth and it's had trouble healing for the last.... two years.

I've noticed that a really good, nonscented lip balm helps, as does staying hydrated. It absolutely can be related to vitamin deficiencies which, if you have an ED, you probably have one or two even if they're not major/you're not very malnourished. 

There's also something called angular cheilitis which causes the corner(s) of your mouth to become cracked, but that isn't it necessarily. 

But again, staying hydrated and moisturizing (the cracks especially) is what's helped me at least lessen how bad mine is. 

• Thinner092 and WSSH like this
giphy.gif

21 | 5 ' 7

#3 Thinner092

Thinner092

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4607 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:54 AM

Thank you so much. At least I’m not alone! Yes, I’ve been underweight a long time so it makes sense it would catch up with me. I did just add dry fasting to my regime so maybe that’s not going to work for me. 😂

Thanks for your response!

#4 WSSH

WSSH

Sage

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts
  • LocationNot Australia

Posted 24 June 2020 - 09:24 PM

Yeah definitely don’t dry fast. You need a lot of water, moisturiser, lip balm, etc. Never leave your lips dry at least till it heals.
  • dégueulasse and Thinner092 like this

Pronouns are they/them

Profile isn't me, wish it was though lol

Reasons I'm glad I've stayed alive:

https://www.myproana...rth-it-i-swear/

Since I struggle to remember what grocery stores have:

https://www.myproana...ods-in-england/

For when I cook/bake:

https://www.myproana...tardizing-food/

#5 Thinner092

Thinner092

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4607 posts

Posted 25 June 2020 - 02:45 PM

Yeah definitely don’t dry fast. You need a lot of water, moisturiser, lip balm, etc. Never leave your lips dry at least till it heals.

I’m trying to drink all kinds of water and keep lip balm in my pocket so I always have it! Can’t wait until it heals. I really hope it’s not years for me...
  • WSSH likes this

#6 WSSH

WSSH

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 972 posts
  • LocationNot Australia

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:38 PM

I’m trying to drink all kinds of water and keep lip balm in my pocket so I always have it! Can’t wait until it heals. I really hope it’s not years for me...

Nah I get this issue all the time when I forget to stay hydrated and such, it’ll go away you just gotta keep up with it. It might mean you have generally dry skin btw, so that could be useful info for general skincare
  • Thinner092 likes this

Pronouns are they/them

Profile isn't me, wish it was though lol

Reasons I'm glad I've stayed alive:

https://www.myproana...rth-it-i-swear/

Since I struggle to remember what grocery stores have:

https://www.myproana...ods-in-england/

For when I cook/bake:

https://www.myproana...tardizing-food/

#7 Thinner092

Thinner092

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4607 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

Nah I get this issue all the time when I forget to stay hydrated and such, it’ll go away you just gotta keep up with it. It might mean you have generally dry skin btw, so that could be useful info for general skincare

Yeah, I have dry skin. Really dry. I guess this makes sense then.
  • WSSH likes this

#8 Megasad

Megasad

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:53 AM

sounds to me like angular chellitits.... as gross as it sounds put vagisil on it lol its is a small fungal infection. i went to the pharmacy with something like this and the girl at the counter told me to use it... 2 weeks of cracking skin and it was gone in one day

• NarwhalPuppy, War on waist, Thinner092 and 2 others like this

#9 Thatsagittariun

Thatsagittariun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:58 AM

Hey I am having the same problem. I read a lot of blogs about it . Apparently coffee with sugar and aloe Vera seems to worry really well

Sent from my CPH1823 using Tapatalk
  • Thinner092 likes this

#10 Thinner092

Thinner092

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • 4607 posts

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:50 PM

sounds to me like angular chellitits.... as gross as it sounds put vagisil on it lol its is a small fungal infection. i went to the pharmacy with something like this and the girl at the counter told me to use it... 2 weeks of cracking skin and it was gone in one day

Thank you! I read that too and have been trying salt and baking soda rinse on separate days. Better to face the possibility than ignore it, right?? Fungal mouth infection. 🤢

#11 Ebi

Ebi

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

Posted 04 July 2020 - 07:13 PM

Put on some kind of thick oil (i love castor oil) massage your lips til it absorbs it put on another very thin layer then put on the lip balm, i find lip balms not moisturizing at aaaall.
  • Thinner092 likes this

#12 PineappleShrub

PineappleShrub

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 September 2020 - 05:23 PM

I know this is super old, but if you haven't figured it out, definitely try something like clotrimazole (might be the same ingredient in vagisil, not sure, but you can buy a tube super cheap on Amazon). If it's angular chelitis it won't go away with just moisturizer, unfortunately.

#13 TheYInYourManIsSilent

TheYInYourManIsSilent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 01:06 PM

Put Vaseline on it, especially before you go to sleep. Slather on a thick layer. Do this during the day, too. Try not to lick your lips.

#14 steviakitten

steviakitten

Advanced Member

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationNorthern Europe

Posted 02 October 2020 - 04:48 PM

I know this is an old thread but maybe try vitamin B supplements? They work for me.

HW 82 kgs (181 lbs) • CW 69,3 kgs (~152.78 lbs) • GW 55 kgs (121 lbs) • UGW 50 kgs (110 lbs)

Height 175,5 cm / 5"9'

BMI 22.5

#15 psychopirate

psychopirate

Sage

• Accountability access
  • 1253 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 06:12 PM

Try triple antibiotic ointment usually used for cold sores. A dentist I used to work for used to recommend that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • MultitudesOfStars likes this

tumblr_inline_nit6eccWOL1rhwzwl.pngtumblr_inline_nit6ejywBL1rhwzwl.pngtumblr_inline_nit6euJZea1rhwzwl.pngtumblr_inline_nit6f2q8XV1rhwzwl.pngtumblr_inline_nit6fbmigp1rhwzwl.png

tumblr_ojtrkiQeVo1w1o0ono1_400.gif

#16 Kittenbiter

Kittenbiter

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Locationopium den

Posted 11 October 2020 - 04:46 AM

Sounds like lack of one of the B vitamins to me! I used to get that sometimes, and it went away when I included that into my supplement routine when nothing else seemed to help

M E T A

Spoiler

#17 miro

miro

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Location🇹🇷

Posted 13 October 2020 - 09:30 AM

Seconding the miconazole/vagisil. didn’t have angular chelitis but I had a super irritated scalp and it fixed it in a matter of days.

trying my best 

5'8"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users