My period cramps are so bad Im suicidal - Illness or Injury - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

My period cramps are so bad Im suicidal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Kamikaze_bitch

Kamikaze_bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 06:46 AM

Since the first time I ever had my period I've always had severe cramps when on my period. Sometimes I even puke because of the pain. I have pain meds prescribed, and they work a little bit, but not enough. Everytime it hurts like this, and nothing seems to work I actually want to kill myself because I can't deal with it anymore. I can't take birthcontrol, and where I live you have to be relatively old to get surgery for removal of the uterus. But Im fucking scared I'll end up hurting myself because of the pain...

Is this even the right forum? And if so, can anyone relate? And what the fuck do I do?

Also remember to be careful, the world needs you here <3

#2 dollflesh

dollflesh

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Locationin my dreams

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:16 AM

It feels like I wrote this.

I dread whenever my period comes. Pills don't work no matter how high the dosage, I puke my guts out every time, I am in horrible pain. It is the exact kid of pain that will make you want to kill yourself if you don't think clearly. I'm always in a crouched position, always searching up surgery for removing the uterus.

Just like you, I go through this excruciating pain every month. You are not alone.

Here are some of the things I've done to alleviate the pain:

- listen to this on loop : . It has helped everytime , I found it when I was on my computer almost passed out.

- you need a heating pad. This is the only thing that works for me. Pour very hot water into it then press it on your stomach where the cramps are. You can even lay down on your stomach and have someone put it on your lower back to take away the soreness.

Tips:

- begin taking pain killers one day before your period. Better than nothing.

- very warm tea is your best friend. Use healing, calming, or teas that help you with sleep.

- never drink any cold beverages at all. This will take you right back into extreme pain. Put into action 2 days before your period and continue until your menstrual cycle ends.

- soup is great. Miso soup and lentil soup are my favorites.

- if you crave chocolate ,eat chocolate.

I hope I was able to calm you. Good luck. <3

• thebitchisback likes this

#3 Anadee

Anadee

Omniscient

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2536 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:19 AM

I'm the same. I almost go to the ER every time I get my period to get a shot and an IV drip. I don't know what's exactly in the shot because I've never asked but the pain usually subside 30 mins after I get it. You could go to the ER or use a heating pad and drink peppermint tea or any other warm drink instead.

Hope you feel better <3

#4 Kamikaze_bitch

Kamikaze_bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:41 AM

It feels like I wrote this.

I dread whenever my period comes. Pills don't work no matter how high the dosage, I puke my guts out every time, I am in horrible pain. It is the exact kid of pain that will make you want to kill yourself if you don't think clearly. I'm always in a crouched position, always searching up surgery for removing the uterus.

Just like you, I go through this excruciating pain every month. You are not alone.

Here are some of the things I've done to alleviate the pain:

- listen to this on loop : . It has helped everytime , I found it when I was on my computer almost passed out.

- you need a heating pad. This is the only thing that works for me. Pour very hot water into it then press it on your stomach where the cramps are. You can even lay down on your stomach and have someone put it on your lower back to take away the soreness.

Tips:

- begin taking pain killers one day before your period. Better than nothing.

- very warm tea is your best friend. Use healing, calming, or teas that help you with sleep.

- never drink any cold beverages at all. This will take you right back into extreme pain. Put into action 2 days before your period and continue until your menstrual cycle ends.

- soup is great. Miso soup and lentil soup are my favorites.

- if you crave chocolate ,eat chocolate.

I hope I was able to calm you. Good luck. <3

Thank you so much! Even if I don't want anyone else to go through this, it feels good to know Im not alone. Take care <3

#5 Kamikaze_bitch

Kamikaze_bitch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 26 June 2020 - 07:45 AM

I'm the same. I almost go to the ER every time I get my period to get a shot and an IV drip. I don't know what's exactly in the shot because I've never asked but the pain usually subside 30 mins after I get it. You could go to the ER or use a heating pad and drink peppermint tea or any other warm drink instead.

Hope you feel better <3

Thank you! I've actually never even thought about going to the ER. But if it gets extra bad some day I will. Stay safe <3

• Anadee likes this

#6 Colour moving and still

Colour moving and still

Advanced Guru

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 889 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 08:51 PM

Since the first time I ever had my period I've always had severe cramps when on my period. Sometimes I even puke because of the pain. I have pain meds prescribed, and they work a little bit, but not enough. Everytime it hurts like this, and nothing seems to work I actually want to kill myself because I can't deal with it anymore. I can't take birthcontrol, and where I live you have to be relatively old to get surgery for removal of the uterus. But Im fucking scared I'll end up hurting myself because of the pain...

Is this even the right forum? And if so, can anyone relate? And what the fuck do I do?

Also remember to be careful, the world needs you here <3

My dr told me Advil works well for cramps. I like using a hot water bottle.

#7 UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

Advanced Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationHogwarts

Posted 07 July 2020 - 08:10 AM

Yeah, I had severe pain that made me want to kill myself too and also I had very heavy bleeding that lasted 9 months straight every day. One time I ended up in emergency due to the pain but they couldn’t do much. Then I had a camera shoved up that region but they didn’t find the cause of the heavy bleeding and pain but they did insert a Mirena and OMG that’s been a life saviour! I get light periods and no pain what so ever. I need to get a new one next month as the one that’s already in is expiring.

im sorry I can’t give you any advice on what you can do, as you said you don’t want birth control so I can’t help you there but know that your not alone! 

#8 YenneferOfVengerberg

YenneferOfVengerberg

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 01:28 AM

the only OTC pill that helps me is Aleve. tylenol or advil or ibuprofen don't do anything at all. heating pads help but not enough. wine is a good fix lol. I used to have a pain pill prescription for period cramps and hope to renew that at some point if I can get health insurance again.

also for me, I have PCOS and I will have menstrual type cramps every day of my f'ing LIFE if I eat more than 30-50 grams of carbs a day. Sugars mess with the ovaries, which then messes up my hormones. might be worth a try to see if it helps your cramping. 

5'3"

cw : ewwie

gw : 95lb

ugw : 85lb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users