Hey I wrote this thing - Books and Poems - Forums and Community

About MPA

MPA is a site dedicated to the support or recovery of those suffering from eating disorders or body dysmorphic disorders. Please be sensitive to this fact when creating an account and contributing to the board.

Photo

Hey I wrote this thing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WhiteBear

WhiteBear

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:37 AM

It's not about ED's as much as my other issues (bpd and trauma from being a former sw) but it's narrative free verse and I'm really proud of it. I don't want to link publicly because my real name is on the cover but if you want to DM me I'll give you the tinyurl I created for it. Digital copy is $5.99
  • Nooglepop13 likes this

#2 Winterfae

Winterfae

Choose your own title! PM Admin or Bibs.

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13060 posts
  • LocationThe Twisted Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:56 AM

It's not about ED's as much as my other issues (bpd and trauma from being a former sw) but it's narrative free verse and I'm really proud of it. I don't want to link publicly because my real name is on the cover but if you want to DM me I'll give you the tinyurl I created for it. Digital copy is $5.99

I'm really proud of you for writing, sounds like it must have been pretty intense? Can I ask how you managed it, because I'm writing a lot lately and some of the stuff it brings up is a lot to deal with. 

Accountability The Abyss: Through-the-Twisted-Kingdom B/P-Free Monos
Dx: AN b/p & Asperger's (Social Anxiety about PM's sometimes) | H: 5' 8" | BMI 16.2 | LBMI 15 | B/P-Free/Fasting Record: 15 Days (2019)
"I am a Titan. A Monolith. Nothing can stop me." ~
"Not finished yet. Still have work to do."

#3 WhiteBear

WhiteBear

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:28 PM

I'm really proud of you for writing, sounds like it must have been pretty intense? Can I ask how you managed it, because I'm writing a lot lately and some of the stuff it brings up is a lot to deal with.

I found putting it into words to be therapeutic moreso than not. I do a few pages of journal-style writing that's only for me most days (every "work day," at minimim) when I first wake up, then work on projects like this during my other writing times.
  • Winterfae likes this

#4 Winterfae

Winterfae

• Accountability access
  • 13060 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 10:54 PM

I found putting it into words to be therapeutic moreso than not. I do a few pages of journal-style writing that's only for me most days (every "work day," at minimim) when I first wake up, then work on projects like this during my other writing times.

I need to get in the habit of keeping a private journal again. I just dump everything in my "abyss" accountability now but I should keep some of it offline! I hope at one point to go through it and make a kind of ED memoir but the organisational skills for that don't come easily to me. 

• Nooglepop13 likes this

Dx: AN b/p & Asperger's (Social Anxiety about PM's sometimes) | H: 5' 8" | BMI 16.2 | LBMI 15 | B/P-Free/Fasting Record: 15 Days (2019)

#5 WhiteBear

WhiteBear

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 05:31 AM

I need to get in the habit of keeping a private journal again. I just dump everything in my "abyss" accountability now but I should keep some of it offline! I hope at one point to go through it and make a kind of ED memoir but the organisational skills for that don't come easily to me.

My book is free verse which gives me a lot of freedom in the organization sphere that a novel or memoir wouldn't have offered me. That's always a daunting aspect for me too.
  • Winterfae likes this

#6 Winterfae

Winterfae

• Accountability access
  • 13060 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:00 PM

My book is free verse which gives me a lot of freedom in the organization sphere that a novel or memoir wouldn't have offered me. That's always a daunting aspect for me too.

That sounds really cool, I'm trying to collate mine at the moment so I can make what I think might be several distinct books of poetry, but I get easily distracted writing more, and not editing.
I forgot to ask! Could you send me the link via DM and is it available outside of the US? I'm guessing your price is USD, but I'm in the UK so hoping there's a way to get a copy 

#7 WhiteBear

WhiteBear

Warrior

• Accountability access
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 07:09 AM

That sounds really cool, I'm trying to collate mine at the moment so I can make what I think might be several distinct books of poetry, but I get easily distracted writing more, and not editing.
I forgot to ask! Could you send me the link via DM and is it available outside of the US? I'm guessing your price is USD, but I'm in the UK so hoping there's a way to get a copy

Messaged you with the info!
  • Winterfae likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users